PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: "Adalius Thomas, he's gone"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't get into it, but it wasn't a pleasant confrontation.

Well none of us can know for sure what he did but here is my guess at ten things he didn't do:

1. Make an Impact
2. Earn his money
3. Take responsibility for Himself
4. Act in a fashion becoming of a Man
5. Get within the personal space of a quarterback
6. Tip his waitress
7. Act professionally
8. Respond positively to normal social cues
9. Show pride in himself, his sport, or the organization that pays him
10. Expend Energy

Shot in the dark maybe someone else has a better read on him than I do.

You're looking at a few plays and making assumptions. I see Adalius rushing all the time and playing pattycake. Two weeks ago it was embarrassing seeing his half-hearted effort in making tackles. On one play, he himself was embarrassed and made to look like a fool. On the next play, he rushed Brees and blew by the LT and sacked him. He was embarrassed and angry, he was fired up, and he made a play for once. But most of the time he doesn't give it his all. If the highest paid player on D is half-hearted, that's a problem. He is half-hearted most of the time.

I'd only agree with you if he played hard and the guy who was great in that one game last year always showed up. There's nothing worse than a pass rusher playing pattycake with a left tackle. You're better off dropping guys into coverage if you don't show the will to get to the QB.

I see Adalius rushing the QB multiple times a game. And he's ineffective. The fact that you had to go back to last year speaks volumes.

Huh? Read my post. I said until this season when healthy he has pretty much been the player we expected when we signed him. I agree, he has done jack sh!t this year, has clearly quit, and is now poisoning the whole team. He needs to go.

I just find it hilarious all of the piling on about him being a jerk in person, NEVER having made plays for us (he was the best player on D last year before he went down, not Seymour), and other such nonsense.

Gotta love AD's little press conference today where he called Belichicks sending him home for being late "like kindergarten". This guy will not play another down for the Patriots this season.

Gotta love AD's little press conference today where he called Belichicks sending him home for being late "like kindergarten". This guy will not play another down for the Patriots this season.
They said tonight on CSNE that Thomas lives next to Ty Warren who seemed to make it there fine. Also not a peep was heard out of the other three who were late yesterday. I tend to agree with you that Thomas will be on the inactive list the rest of the season.

Would you like to place a bet on that? He might not start (might be what you meant), but our LB depth is too thin for him not to play.

I suspect that Thomas would be just fine with that. Belichick is building a new defense. Thomas knows his role isn't worth anywhere near his salary no matter how well he performs.
He has no idea where he will play next year.

I'm not making excuses for him. If Belichick want him to play safety and be at practice from 8 to 8, then he should do so. He's getting paid, and Belichick is well within his authority.

HOWEVER, to make believe that questioning the coach is somehow new for the patriots is patently ridculous. It was Bruschi who publicly blew a fuse when Milloy was cut. And many guys (I recall Ty and McGinist) in that era questioned how the defense was run and their roles. But then, Belichick wasn't right 100% of the time back then.

They said tonight on CSNE that Thomas lives next to Ty Warren who seemed to make it there fine. Also not a peep was heard out of the other three who were late yesterday. I tend to agree with you that Thomas will be on the inactive list the rest of the season.

I suspect that Thomas would be just fine with that. Belichick is building a new defense. Thomas knows his role isn't worth anywhere near his salary no matter how well he performs.
He has no idea where he will play next year.

I'm not making excuses for him. If Belichick want him to play safety and be at practice from 8 to 8, then he should do so. He's getting paid, and Belichick is well within his authority.

HOWEVER, to make believe that questioning the coach is somehow new for the patriots is patently ridculous. It was Bruschi who publicly blew a fuse when Milloy was cut. And many guys (I recall Ty and McGinist) in that era questioned how the defense was run and their roles. But then, Belichick wasn't right 100% of the time back then.

So why isn't BB right now? He could be wrong (I doubt it) but why are you so sure he is?

If the reports about Adalius Thomas & others quiting on a spiraling team are indeed true, I can't help but think it's completely BB's fault. Now before everyone gets psycho on my ass, here me out.

It's a case of the famous psychological study where people break down and/or react very differently when their natural social order of things change.

So BB calls that 4th and 2, goes for it inside the 20, loses 2 in a row, etc., and -BAM-; just like that the natural social order of things for every player on the team is changed. From that moment on, no one knows how a player or any person in gereral, will react. But we do know that they WILL react. And in most cases very differently from what we expect as well.

So there it is, it's BB fault - Just not in the way most people would think. :eek:

Absurd.

So their mental toughness stinks and in that case, they need to cowboy up and move on or we do not want them on this team.

He might have been mad because during our party I was pretending to be a QB and barking out signals at the line "96 is the mike!".

That's true.

Should have pile drived him. He weak.

from what we've heard the past couple weeks, it appears that he's not only sucking, but actually hurting the team in several different ways.

they should bench him for the rest of the year since he's worthless.

I wouldn't even care if he was injured so he could be put on IR and we could get someone who actually wants to play.

Maybe we could trade him straight up for LeKevin.

Now I know how Oakland fans were feeling about Randy Moss.

Last edited:
Now I know how Oakland fans were feeling about Randy Moss.

I doubt it. In just 12 games this year he's surpassed his output of his best year in oakland.

It's more than that, as Bruschi said, for Belichick to make Thomas inactive back when he did that must have been after private attempts to get things going so this is about the last straw with him not a first issue.

Well none of us can know for sure what he did but here is my guess at ten things he didn't do:

1. Make an Impact
2. Earn his money
3. Take responsibility for Himself
4. Act in a fashion becoming of a Man
5. Get within the personal space of a quarterback
6. Tip his waitress
7. Act professionally
8. Respond positively to normal social cues
9. Show pride in himself, his sport, or the organization that pays him
10. Expend Energy

Shot in the dark maybe someone else has a better read on him than I do.

Thats the best description of AD's Patriots career that I have ever read.

Part of what makes Belichick great is that he'll not let his ego get in the way of playing the best players.

No matter where he drafted a guy or how much he paid them in free agency, if they're not doing what they should he'll sit them, cut them or trade them and play the guy who gives the team the best shot to win.

Other coaches would keep a guy on the field rather than admit a mistake, even if it hurts the team. Belichick would never do that.

i wouldnt be surprised if he stole granola bars from homeless people, just for ****s n giggles.

I "met" AD as well. Complete arsehole. Wilfork is an infinitely nicer, different kind of guy.

Make that three of us.. Saw him at Providence place mall last year. Gave him a "A.D!" and he just looked at me dismissively.

I'll say this about him... the man is a Physical specimen. Just a large human being. He sure looks the part... just wish he played it. :mad:

On the flip-side... i've met both BB and Rodney (three times) both were extremley approachable and cool as a fan. Actually talked to Rodney and his wife for about 15mins... He is a lot smaller up close and personal.

Anyone that bought this got the worst investment since the John Lynch jersey.

I forget where I saw it, but AD was not exactly a young signing when he came here, and one evaluation warned that he played stiff in Baltimore.

That seems true now; he is big but Petrified Adalius cannot get off blocks.

Make that three of us.. Saw him at Providence place mall last year. Gave him a "A.D!" and he just looked at me dismissively.

I'll say this about him... the man is a Physical specimen. Just a large human being. He sure looks the part... just wish he played it. :mad:

On the flip-side... i've met both BB and Rodney (three times) both were extremley approachable and cool as a fan. Actually talked to Rodney and his wife for about 15mins... He is a lot smaller up close and personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft