PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: "Adalius Thomas, he's gone"

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to hear he was such as jerk to you patjew

from what we've heard the past couple weeks, it appears that he's not only sucking, but actually hurting the team in several different ways.

they should bench him for the rest of the year since he's worthless.

I wouldn't even care if he was injured so he could be put on IR and we could get someone who actually wants to play.

Not exactly. First he did the try-to-ignore-me thing. Then he did the look-at-me-mean thing. Then he did the I'm-afraid-of-germs-so-I-won't-shake-your-dirty-little-hand-but-I'll-give-you-a-quick-bump-if-you-get-out-of-my-*******-face thing.

It was not nearly as nice as the times I've met Koppen and Wilfork.

I "met" AD as well. Complete arsehole. Wilfork is an infinitely nicer, different kind of guy.

Can't they suspend him under the whole "Conduct Detrimental To The Team" thing, like TO or Keyshawn in his Tampa days?

Last edited:
Can't they suspend him under the whole "Conduct Detrimental To The Team" thing, like TO or Keyshawn in his Tampa days?

We don't have the depth to suspend him or the money to cut him right now. Like it or not, he's going to have to play.

I "met" AD as well. Complete arsehole. Wilfork is an infinitely nicer, different kind of guy.

Wow, what did he do?

It's nice to hear Wilfork is pleasant to meet.

Some thing tells me that he was the one that tipped off the media about being sent home... He is being a arse.... And if he came to play everyweek, then I would stick up for him, he has not given any reason that he is worth his dough...

Apparently AD isn't gone. He showed up for practice on time today.

All the piling on on AD is amusing. After the inhuman effort he made in throwing Favre, Leon Washington, and an OLineman around like ragdolls all on the same play last year, this board went crazy singing his praises as an unstoppable pass-rusher.

When healthy he's played extremely well until this season. He strength is rushing the passer. Hello? Everyone's b!tching and moaning about the lack of a pass rush and the simple truth is that BB has not used him in the right way. AD is right if he is frustrated about this, just as Brady is right to be frustrated at certain play calls. Who knows, maybe AD wants to win as much as the next guy, but thinks he knows better than BB. The one thing that's obvious is that he has clearly quit on the team.

He may very well be a total jerk, lockerroom cancer, and overpaid paycheck collector, but it's totally revisionist to say that he never did squat for us or that he wasn't THE top free agent LB on the market when we signed him.

Last edited:
All the piling on on AD is amusing. After the inhuman effort he made in throwing Favre, Leon Washington, and an OLineman around like ragdolls all on the same play last year, this board went crazy singing his praises as an unstoppable pass-rusher.

When healthy he's played extremely well until this season. He strength is rushing the passer. Hello? Everyone's b!tching and moaning about the lack of a pass rush and the simple truth is that BB has not used him in the right way. AD is right if he is frustrated about this, just as Brady is right to be frustrated at certain play calls. Who knows, maybe AD wants to win as much as the next guy, but thinks he knows better than BB. The one thing that's obvious is that he has clearly quit on the team.

He may very well be a total jerk, lockerroom cancer, and overpaid paycheck collector, but it's totally revisionist to say that he never did squat for us or that he wasn't THE top free agent LB on the market when we signed him.

can't blame AD for lack of production until you start blaming jarvis green for not being able to get the attention of more than an OG

I don't blame him for his lack of production. But I do for his lack of effort and his attitude.

Prior to this season I never had a bad word to say about AD. In 2006 he was the FA I most wanted, and never thought we would get, and I was elated when we signed him. In 2007 I thought he put the team above himself, playing the SILB role when we needed him to, and bought 100% into BB's "humble pie" message. I thought he was playing well last season before getting injured.

But this season he's seemed like a different guy, from mouthing off about an 18 game schedule to not making consistent effort to publicly acting like a malcontent. This latest episode isn't an isolated incident. And, as you say, it's obvious that he's quit on the team. That's not acceptable.

The Pats have always been greater than the sum of their parts. This season we seem to be less. I think anyone who contributes to that needs to go, and AD is leading the line right now.

I don't blame him for his lack of production. But I do for his lack of effort and his attitude.

Prior to this season I never had a bad word to say about AD. In 2006 he was the FA I most wanted, and never thought we would get, and I was elated when we signed him. In 2007 I thought he put the team above himself, playing the SILB role when we needed him to, and bought 100% into BB's "humble pie" message. I thought he was playing well last season before getting injured.

But this season he's seemed like a different guy, from mouthing off about an 18 game schedule to not making consistent effort to publicly acting like a malcontent. This latest episode isn't an isolated incident. And, as you say, it's obvious that he's quit on the team. That's not acceptable.

The Pats have always been greater than the sum of their parts. This season we seem to be less. I think anyone who contributes to that needs to go, and AD is leading the line right now.

I couldn't agree more. He needs to be out of that lockerroom. I just don't absolve BB of all blame. Started with the Seymour trade ("we could NEVER pass up a trade that nets that kind of value--a 2011 1st rounder!") and possibly earlier with Vrabel and Hobbs. I don't care how effective BB has been in the past, these guys are human beings and not simply literally cogs in a machine. That's why there's a players union, like it or not, and also why losing Pioli plays a key role in all of this mess IMO. Piloi's greatest worth was his ability to deftly handle $$/union/personell issues and allow BB to completely separate himself from that side of the operation. Pioli has certain people skills that BB will never have, nor ever want to have it seems.

Who is nest?

Burgess?
Sanders?
Wilfork?

The void of leadership can not be filled by PT players, like Seau, it has to come from the starters. Mayo, time to take control and be a man among men.

Who is nest?

Burgess?
Sanders?
Wilfork?

The void of leadership can not be filled by PT players, like Seau, it has to come from the starters. Mayo, time to take control and be a man among men.

well....jarvis green (all 5M of him ..... zero sacks....first time in his career....but I guess he's still good because he keep his yap shut) would be in the doghouse, except that his contract is done after this year.

You're looking at a few plays and making assumptions. I see Adalius rushing all the time and playing pattycake. Two weeks ago it was embarrassing seeing his half-hearted effort in making tackles. On one play, he himself was embarrassed and made to look like a fool. On the next play, he rushed Brees and blew by the LT and sacked him. He was embarrassed and angry, he was fired up, and he made a play for once. But most of the time he doesn't give it his all. If the highest paid player on D is half-hearted, that's a problem. He is half-hearted most of the time.

I'd only agree with you if he played hard and the guy who was great in that one game last year always showed up. There's nothing worse than a pass rusher playing pattycake with a left tackle. You're better off dropping guys into coverage if you don't show the will to get to the QB.

I see Adalius rushing the QB multiple times a game. And he's ineffective. The fact that you had to go back to last year speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back