PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: "Adalius Thomas, he's gone"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Curran: " Adalius Thomas, He's gone"

so what's the cap hit the next 2 years when he gets cut? (assuming there is no lock-out, no uncapped year...)

About $9M or $10M of 2010 and 2011 bonus accelerations.
The cap hit is about $4M because his $4.9M salary disappears partially offsetting the numbers about.

At this point, the Patriots are hoping for an uncapped year. Clear out the dead weight, sign Wilfork to a frontloaded contract.

Given the uncapped year next season, it doesn't really make sense to cut Thomas now.

Perhaps I think we should just leave him on the bench ... Al Davis will take him for a draft pick.
Tell him to not even show up; he and his attitude shouldn't be anywhere near the team. For as excited as I was when the Patriots signed him, I can't wait for the day he's gone.

What a piece of ****.

You are presuming that Wilfork would choose the patriots over other bidders.

At this point, the Patriots are hoping for an uncapped year. Clear out the dead weight, sign Wilfork to a frontloaded contract.

Didn't Wilfork say he wanted to retire a Patriot? I know money has a lot of say in where a guy goes, but it is encouraging to hear him say he wants to remain in New England.

Green also said the same thing.

Last edited:

Yes, and what's wrong with that?

We. need to do to AD what we did to Terry Glenn in 2001. Suspend him for the season. Thing is, i actually liked Glenn because he actually PRODUCED during his career in NE. AD has done nothing, and is NOT a player you build your team around, he looked better than he was in that Ravens Defense.

Major rebuilding in our LBs coming this offseason. No more pricey FA LBs who are in it for themselves and not the team, give me some rooks who want to take to the coaching they will get from BB.

Nothing at all. Fans should presume that Wilfork is retiring as a patriot, just like Milloy, Law, Branch, Woody, Samuel, Seymour and the rest.

Yes, and what's wrong with that?

Yes, that is what agents teach their clients to say. As with those in the past, I would think that Wilfork would like the patriots to offer the best deal for his services.

Didn't Wilfork say he wanted to retire a Patriot? I know money has a lot of say in where a guy goes, but it is encouraging to hear him say he wants to remain in New England.

Green also said the same thing.

And just BTW, if Belichick intended to re-sign Wilfork, he would have used a 4th round draft choice on a developmental NT, much as he spent a 4th on a developmental guard. There were also plenty of safeties available in the 4th. It is hard to believe that belichick thought that he couldn't find backup safeties in free agency.

Brace was a WTF choice as it was. If Wilfork stays, it was a really aweful choice. Obviously, Wilfork can be franchised to secure his services for a year.

Belichick is looking to the future and is in full rebuilding mode and this will continue again in 2010.

We could be in much better shape if Belichick was focused on 2009 as much as he is focused on 2011. We'd have Matthews, Laurinitis, Seymour and Hobbs on this team. Instead we have Brace, Chung, Ohrnberger and a couple of future draft choices, although we'd still have what we gave for Burgess if we were keeping Seymour.

The decade is over. We still have a chance for the playoffs (and therefore the Super Bowl) and still have a better team than 2001. But the team doesn't have the heart and the leadership of the Super Bowl teams. And just BTW, that comes from the coaches even more than from veteran players.

Last edited:
Sigh, this is the first time in a long time that I can't wait for the season to end. This team has issues. I'm starting to not care if they make the playoffs or not. What's the point? They are not a Championship caliber team. On top of that locker room has been infected by multiple cancers. :(

This team has been falling apart so quickly--ever since 4th and 2, the unraveling has been frightening. This locker room is becoming the Cowboys real fast. At least the stress of winning games will take a back seat for a few months and sports radio in Boston will be fun like OLD OLD times.

Humble pie mother****res!

If the reports about Adalius Thomas & others quiting on a spiraling team are indeed true, I can't help but think it's completely BB's fault. Now before everyone gets psycho on my ass, here me out.

It's a case of the famous psychological study where people break down and/or react very differently when their natural social order of things change.

So BB calls that 4th and 2, goes for it inside the 20, loses 2 in a row, etc., and -BAM-; just like that the natural social order of things for every player on the team is changed. From that moment on, no one knows how a player or any person in gereral, will react. But we do know that they WILL react. And in most cases very differently from what we expect as well.

So there it is, it's BB fault - Just not in the way most people would think. :eek:

Sigh, this is the first time in a long time that I can't wait for the season to end. This team has issues. I'm starting to not care if they make the playoffs or not. What's the point? They are not a Championship caliber team. On top of that locker room has been infected by multiple cancers. :(

Don't worry just yet. At this time in 01', people were still freaking out. Anything can happen :cool:

So is he "gone" - mentally checked out.

"gone" - AWOL from the team

"gone" - at the end of the season

Have to say im starting to agree. Since the start of the season and the dreadful trades for Burgess, Smith and Galloway the whole thing has being going downhill and im starting to think BB is losing the team

- Getting rid of ALL the defensive leaders in one go wasnt a good idea with such a young defense

- Not getting a proper OC to replace Josh and relying on O'Brien who has totally failed

- Going for all these 4th downs and showing absolutely no faith in the defense

- Not kicking field goals which would likely have won us at least two more games

- Sending players home - which is lame frankly

We need a really good offseason - all the dead wood out, some good coaches in, a good draft where we use all the first day picks on obvious needs and some free agents who will contribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes