PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: "Adalius Thomas, he's gone"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I know how Oakland fans were feeling about Randy Moss.

Yeah. Actually, I was thinking the same thing.

The one difference I see is that Randy was 28 when he went to Oakland and clearly copped an attitude to get traded when he was still productive; Adalius is 32 already and has more limited options, so he's more of a fool than Randy.

Quite frankly, Pats fans made excuses for this guy through his entire first season...citing that he needed to learn the ropes. However, after that, there really wasn't much to remark about, beyond his ineffectiveness. To add this situation at this particular junction (i.e. guaranteed money), one might easily assume that Thomas is an overpaid, underperforming, trouble-maker.

I met Adalius last night. He was at the same restaurant in RI that my company party was. I didn't want to disturb him so I waited until he got up to leave and I tried to shake his hand, but he would only give me a fist bump.

Met Willie at a bar/lounge in Boston yrs ago, right before the 04 sb, and he did the same. Could be the germ thing, could be the fact that by the end of the year these guys' hands are busted up. I dunno

I ran into Slade at the Champion bar at the Marriot in Boston many years ago and he had an iron grip.

Sportstonight 10:00pm Directv ch 630, Curran says, "He's gone, Adalius Thomas is off the reservation, He's gone, he has been gone, and we continue to watch more indictations last week that he was gone." After Curran said "He's Gone" both Tanguay and Felger repeated in unison "he's gone, he's gone".

I rewound this segment several times to make sure I had the exact wording. To be clear, Curran did not say he is off the team, only that he has quit on the team.

But, is he gone?

I don't blame him for his lack of production. But I do for his lack of effort and his attitude.

Prior to this season I never had a bad word to say about AD. In 2006 he was the FA I most wanted, and never thought we would get, and I was elated when we signed him. In 2007 I thought he put the team above himself, playing the SILB role when we needed him to, and bought 100% into BB's "humble pie" message. I thought he was playing well last season before getting injured.

But this season he's seemed like a different guy, from mouthing off about an 18 game schedule to not making consistent effort to publicly acting like a malcontent. This latest episode isn't an isolated incident. And, as you say, it's obvious that he's quit on the team. That's not acceptable.

The Pats have always been greater than the sum of their parts. This season we seem to be less. I think anyone who contributes to that needs to go, and AD is leading the line right now.

Trade him to the Raiders...

The question that Bob Kraft should be asking himself is:
Should I fire Bill the GM for all the shyte draft picks, trades & FA signings over the past 4 years which has left his HC with overpaid, underperforming, malcontented garbage at OLB (among other positions), or;
Should I fire Bill the HC for all the bone-headed, predictable, ego-driven, milquetoast decisions & play-calling which have left his team 7-5 instead of 10-1, partly due to having the hands-down worst pair of Offensive & Defensive Coordinators in the NFL?

Should I fire Bill the GM for all the shyte draft picks, trades & FA signings over the past 4 years which has left his HC with overpaid, underperforming, malcontented garbage at OLB (among other positions), or;
Should I fire Bill the HC for all the bone-headed, predictable, ego-driven, milquetoast decisions & play-calling which have left his team 7-5 instead of 10-1, partly due to having the hands-down worst pair of Offensive & Defensive Coordinators in the NFL?

Yeah? And the question he's GOING to be asking himself is "how the hell did I stumble on the only coach currently active in the NFL to have coached meaningful games, week in and week out, for the last 8 years?"

10-1? Do you really think this was possible?

This team is in a rebuilding year, whether any of us like it or not.

I will agree that BB should have drafted Matthews. That was a mistake in my opinion. He would have most def. helped the defense.

Brace is doing what?

10-1? Do you really think this was possible?

This team is in a rebuilding year, whether any of us like it or not.

I will agree that BB should have drafted Matthews. That was a mistake in my opinion. He would have most def. helped the defense.

Brace is doing what?

NO year is a "rebuilding year" when you have the GOAT QB in his prime of his career.

Yeah? And the question he's GOING to be asking himself is "how the hell did I stumble on the only coach currently active in the NFL to have coached meaningful games, week in and week out, for the last 8 years?"

It all went wrong for the poster you're responding to when he left the D out of the end of his screen name. From then on, the posts just began to devolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back