PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crystal Ball Ed. - James White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Snowflake your wrong again !

Guys like Moss, Dillon, & Gronk were star players who opponents needed to adjust there defense to try to limit their impact on the game.

Nobody ever adjusted there defense to try to shutdown Faulk or Amendola.

WTF does that have to do with my post?

Guys like Moss, Dillon, & Gronk were star players who opponents needed to adjust there defense to try to limit their impact on the game.

The didn't have any of those players available when Brady won a Super Bowl with 52 different players around him. Wilfork was the last holdover from the 2004 team and he left after the Seattle win. Try to keep up Sparky. According to you Brady winning without Faulk means Faulk was just a JAG. You truly are as dumb as a Rock.

It's so hard to predict what any one player - outside of a healthy Edelman - will do with the Patriots because they really do go with whoever is a good matchup on a given day.

* The Pats ran for 13 touchdowns total.
* Their leading rusher was Jonas Gray with 412 yards (5 td), and 201 yards (and 4 td) were against the Colts in just one game.
* Gronk played in 15 games and had 82 receptions and 1124 yards with 12 td.
* Vereen led the backfield in receptions with 52 for 447 yards.
* Edelman had 92 receptions for 972 yards.
* LaFell was the #2 WR with 74 receptions and 953 yards.

* The Pats ran for 14 touchdowns total.
* Blount was their leading rusher with 703 yards and 6 td.
* Gronk played in 15 games and had 72 receptions for 1176 yards and 11 td.
* Edelman had 61 receptions for 692 yards in just 9 games.
* Amendola had 65 receptions for 648 yards.
* Lewis (36/388) and White (40/410) gave the Pats 76 receptions and 798 receiving yards.

* The Pats ran for 19 touchdowns total.
* Blount was their leading rusher with 1161 yards and 18 td.
* Gronk only played in 8 games and had 25 receptions for 540 yards.
* Edelman had 98 receptions for 1106 yards.
* Mitchell was the #2 WR with 32 receptions for 401 yards.
* White had 60 receptions for 551 yards.

So if Edelman is healthy, he should be good for 90 receptions and 900-1000 yards. BUT, he's always been the #1 receiver. Now Cooks is here, and we don't know if Brady and he will develop the kind of chemistry where he goes to Cooks a lot more than Edelman. Mitchell made nice strides as a rookie last year but will he get lost in the depth chart? Can Gronk stay healthy? Who among their four quality RBs will see the ball most? Can White repeat his 2016 performance? There is such depth of real quality NFL talent at the skill positions that it's really hard to know who will put up what numbers. In any given game, any of these guys could step up and put up big numbers.

The didn't have any of those players available when Brady won a Super Bowl with 52 different players around him. Wilfork was the last holdover from the 2004 team and he left after the Seattle win. Try to keep up Sparky. According to you Brady winning without Faulk means Faulk was just a JAG. You truly are as dumb as a Rock.

07b8693e2d06d64cc49b85a6b6ac5213.jpg

Really ?

Dillon & Gronk never won a Super Bowl with the Patriots?

Your the dope !

I have been saying all along that Brady is key reason the Patriots won all these super bowls.

He did have a couple stars like Dillon, & Gronk on Super Bowl teams, but Brady has also won without them.

He turns Jags like Amendola & Faulk, into productive roll players.

When JAGS like that leave, they are replaced with new JAGS.

Faulk retired & Vereen, Lewis & White have replaced him just fine.

Last edited:
???
How long have you been a patriot fan?

1978. I think the context makes it clear what I was referring to but if not, I meant since he's emerged the past few seasons since Welker left.

Perception shifts sharply with James White's role as key Patriots cog

Okay, so did anyone really see him coming? He goes from bench guy who always goes down on first contact to playing (and playing well) prominent minutes in 2015 to playing most of the way in 2016 (very very well) and then eventually becoming a SB hero (and arguably the MVP), holding the record for most receptions in the SB. Yeah, his rise seems like one run-on sentence like the one preceding this one.

Everything coming out of Foxboro is that he is extremely intelligent on the field, likable off the field and beloved in the locker room, especially by TB12, who basically called him a perfect player. He has been durable and he makes plays in the toughest of situations (even prior to the SB). I think back to the very first game of the season against AZ, for example. He made some key plays in that second half, including a ridiculous third-down highly contested grab. There were the brave few on the board who said he was better than Lewis long before he even saw significant minutes, and I think the consensus then was NO WAY (and not necessarily unwarranted at the time). But now it is White who receives an extension and Lewis being talked about as possible trade bait (no matter how valid or invalid those claims actually might be). His arrow would appear to be pointing straight up at this point. How quickly things can turn in the NFL. Imagine if Lewis never goes down? Do we ever come to know the player he's become?

So the question is simple: What do you see this upcoming season for Mr. James Calvin White (a.k.a. Mr. I'm even more classy than Ladainian Tomlinson)? Does he continue to rise? What do you project his numbers to be in 2017?

When they shy from contact, I don't see drastic change coming. Fooled me. With his speed and pass catching, he's quite a package now.

I would bet a significant amount of money that Faulk on 3rd downs was a critical part of most defensive game plans.

Love James White and he is more dependent. That being said, reading people compare him to Lewis REALLY makes me miss 2015 Lewis. Thosegames were INSANE to watch. He may never get there again but I thank him for literally the most fun I've ever had watching an RB.

I'm a stan of 2015 Lewis. Godd'ammm. Literally the coolest. Swag three thow-wow. InsertwahteverridiculousE40sayinghere.

Really ?

Dillon & Gronk never won a Super Bowl with the Patriots?

Your the dope !

I have been saying all along that Brady is key reason the Patriots won all these super bowls.

He did have a couple stars like Dillon, & Gronk on Super Bowl teams, but Brady has also won without them.

He turns Jags like Amendola & Faulk, into productive roll players.

When JAGS like that leave, they are replaced with new JAGS.

Faulk retired & Vereen, Lewis & White have replaced him just fine.

Sweet baby Jesus you are stupid.

White came out of a power/man blocking scheme in college. In power/man, the running lanes are manufactured in a specific spot, and the RB knows where they'll be by the play call.

The Pats play primarily zone blocking where the hole could open up almost anywhere. It's a huge adjustment fro an RB to switch from the former to the latter.

In the 2014 Camp practices that I saw, White was clearly struggling a lot with finding the hole, not unpexectedly. In 2016, he just as clearly had figured things out.

I'm guessing that White puts up numbers in 2017 that are fairly close to what he did in 2016, but more likely a bit lower than higher. Probably more or less the same in 2018, 2019, 2020, etc. Sometimes he'll be the hero in a particular game; rarely will he be the goat. He's established himself as a very reliable player for a specific role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back