PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Criticism of NFL’s handling of #DeflateGate becomes mainstream

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was in the divisional round. The Raiders still had to beat the Steelers to get to the Super Bowl after that. (The Steelers were missing both Franco Harris and Rocky Bleier in that game).
Pats had the best team in the league that year...hard to shoulda woulda coulda through 2+ games, but they definitely had a great shot.

You're right, my bad.

It still was a far more competitive game than the Bears-Pats debacle.
Oh hell yeah. Right before the kickoff return TD, it felt like the Pats had a chance. The Bears game felt over...I dunno. Early.

The public is stupid. For 99%, all that's staying with them is "Deflator" in a text.

For the life of me, I don't get why that guy doesn't speak to the media. If he ever came out and convincingly explained himself, then I could maybe see "the tide turning."

.....when Lin Dawson tore his ACL on the first drive?
Yeah, that mighta been it. I was thinking when they settled for the field goal after the turnover. Maybe after the coin flip...

But...slight change of topic, I never felt like a game was over before it started like that Denver-SF Super Bowl. The Broncos never had a chance, it felt that way from the first minute, and it never changed.

Wish I gambled back then.

You know if the NFL sees enough media question their defamegate actions, they may have a crisis of conscience. That may even drive them to decide 'maybe we were wrong. I think we should just shelve our phony ball measurement data, instead of releasing it, and then fire anyone who mentions ball PSI again'.

Last edited:
No it won't. They are not going to release mid game pressure measurements which would show the effects of weather. They may release measurements after the footballs warm back up which will only show balls within regulation.
We need a leak.

You're right, my bad.

It still was a far more competitive game than the Bears-Pats debacle.

Pats scored first 3-0 vs Da Bayiz.
Pats LB Steve Nelson opined that the game was the "Greatest SB comeback ever!" by the Bears.
Of course that statement was made before Brady's comeback win last Feb. :)

I don't buy that Parcells was uninterested in winning the SB. IIRC if NE had won he'd have been the first coach to win a SB with two different teams. I think he's egotistical enough to have cared about that.

And if the refs actually call the blatant hold, NE is only down 7 (though admittedly GB would have the ball to start a drive).

Just because you're myopic when it comes to Parcells doesn't mean the rest of us are. Parcells was in the middle of a huge feud with Kraft which was why he was negotiating with the Jets already. It was why he never planned on taking the flight back with the team.

You can sit there and claim that Parcell's egotism would have made him the first HC to win the SB with 2 different teams. However, that doesn't outweigh the personal hatred he had towards Kraft and sticking it to Kraft by leaving the team a loser on the biggest stage while planning on taking the player who was arguably the best on the team (Martin) at the time. If you know anything about an egotist, he'd rather lose and move on than win and let someone else enjoy in his glory.

There were numerous things that Parcells did that were questionable. Like the benching of Sam Gash for the SB in favor of Dietrech Jells and Ray Lucas.. Like kicking off to Desmond Howard.

No, when Florio writes a post, he approves of the comments himself, he is a control freak with his website and I don't blame him. He reads and removes all racist, nasty comments. In short, he is like North Korea in censoring the comments. He posted it almost close to 1am, he is probably waking up now and approving comments, they will show over 100 comments shortly.
Removing all racist, nasty comments is like North Korea?

• Ha Ha
Reactions: jah
I'm starting to hope they release some numbers. They'll look like fools no matter how they try to spin it.
Why would you expect the number not to be rigged in their favor? Easy enough to do.

Oh hell yeah. Right before the kickoff return TD, it felt like the Pats had a chance. The Bears game felt over...I dunno. Early.

I used to say about That '86 Super Bowl, that the Pats were like the space shuttle, they looked great for the fast ninety seconds and then......

Actually the 1996 team is the only pre BB/Brady team that came close to winning a SB.

1986 wasn't even close.

1986 - - 3 road playoff games and an embarrassment in the SB (both on and off the field)
1996 - a bye and 2 HOME playoff games and a second half SB lead.
75 (or was it 76) would absolutely have won the SB is they hadn't been screwed by Dreith against the Raiders. That said, Fairbanks era lasted about 10 minutes.

There were numerous things that Parcells did that were questionable. Like the benching of Sam Gash for the SB in favor of Dietrech Jells and Ray Lucas.. Like kicking off to Desmond Howard.

I think that Gash (as well as Troy Brown) was injured and therefore could not compete in the SB.
They were especially missed on STs, where GB basically prevented NE from mounting a comeback.

I think that Gash (as well as Troy Brown) was injured and therefore could not compete in the SB.
They were especially missed on STs, where GB basically prevented NE from mounting a comeback.

If Gash was injured, it was news to him. He's stated numerous times he the most surprised of anyone to not have been active.

Removing all racist, nasty comments is like North Korea?
Hyperbole, but I just found it ironic that someone in the media in America will censor free speech that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe