PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Criticism of NFL’s handling of #DeflateGate becomes mainstream

Status
Not open for further replies.
a-lie-gets-halfway-around-the-world-before-the-truth-has-a-chance-to-get-its-pants-on-winston-churchill.jpg

His quick surrender and worse yet collaboration with Goodell & the 31 earned Kraft his Vichy Bob appelation.
Remember this surrender was when Brady was under constant fire, WAY before the NFPLA judicial victory and also way before the many articles that later criticized Goodell, the Wells report and the pseudo-science. Times have changed but Bob turtled when the incoming fire was the greatest and Brady had no allies.
To me, Kraft is no difference from Goodell. Smart business man with no integrity, no spine, willing to do anything for just his own good.

It's great that all this is coming out not long after Goodell doubled down and said it was a fact the science proves the balls were tampered with. He reminds me of this chick.

No man should publicly make a fool of his wife in that way. I don't care how wrong she is.

To me, Kraft is no difference from Goodell. Smart business man with no integrity, no spine, willing to do anything for just his own good.
Disagree...

As an owner, it is he against 31 others when the NFL took the stance it did. For all Kraft has done for this organization and its fans and you say he does all this for his "own" good? Plus, you know there are some owners who will go on a nasty vendetta against him if he did make a bigger stink than the stink the NFL already put on this fiasco. The whole affair is a jealousy driven matter by one organization, plus some influential owners, that used the press, (how did Kravitz get so much information before anyone else?) possibly some knowledge of the IGL in advance given the conditions of the game and leaks to press to paint the organization guilty. Once the accusations were made, the hating fans took it all in hook line and sinker to believe in the guilt no matter how how lacking the evidence became.

I have a much kinder view of Bob IN GENERAL but he utterly failed to learn anything from his mishandling of the camera placement violation incident and how his 31 associates and Commissar reacted to that then and subsequently.
The otherwise astute businessman has an inexplicable major blind spot flaw.
He also showed the worst of his character when he said nothing in Brady's defense when he capitulated. Remember, this was AFTER BB gave his temperature & ball prep PhD Physics presentation. Bob KNEW that physics, etc. exonerated Tom, yet failed to utter a peep while groveling. We all see how well the groveling worked with the NYJFL's subsequent relentless persecution of Brady.

PatsWicked... it was one against 31 and jealousy played a big part, IMHO. We just do not know what was said behind closed doors. In this era of parity, you have to have some owners who just can't accept Kraft put together an organization this consistent without some sort of rules bending. So, they make it up. Remember, Spygate was about camera placement and look how that blew up!

Pretty brief article but blatant in its meaning... Florio is outright saying the Patriots didn't do anything, it was all science, and the NFL are liars. With the Pats getting closer to a second consecutive title, more interest is perking up. How are they one game away from the Super Bowl if they needed to deflate balls all those years to win? Oh, because they never did.

Don't forget - - or Mr. Florio could write about THIS TOO:
Post-Deflategate Patriots Still Had NFL's Lowest Fumble Rate In 2015

PatsWicked... it was one against 31 and jealousy played a big part, IMHO. We just do not know what was said behind closed doors. In this era of parity, you have to have some owners who just can't accept Kraft put together an organization this consistent without some sort of rules bending. So, they make it up. Remember, Spygate was about camera placement and look how that blew up!

I can describe Kraft's success as an owner in two words. Brady and Belichick. He rewarded them by calling Belichick a schmuck for misinterpreting a memo in 2007 and leaving Brady out to dry when the Commish came after the Pats again in 2015. Kraft's capitulation in both cases guaranteed that the Pats would not have a top pick, and the acceptance of the loss of picks and the outrageous fines for basically nothing have tarnished the team I've been supporting since long before he arrived. And he did it knowing that I wouldn't like it.

Let us not forget to credit Kraft for his part in this ongoing fiasco. His private and public support of the POS commissioner since 2007 which culminated in his pathetic capitulation speech to his brother owners is proof to the world of the validity of his special relationship with and the validity of the claims by Goodell.

That's the most disappointing thing about this. I always thought of Kraft as being a fan first and foremost. How naive of me in hindsight. Money trumps everything.

Did PFT disable comments? That's the first PFT article I've ever seen that had zero comments this long after it was posted.

I thought I was the first to post. haha

They must have disabled them initially because now I see I was probably the 30th.

in
I can describe Kraft's success as an owner in two words. Brady and Belichick. He rewarded them by calling Belichick a schmuck for misinterpreting a memo in 2007 and leaving Brady out to dry when the Commish came after the Pats again in 2015. Kraft's capitulation in both cases guaranteed that the Pats would not have a top pick, and the acceptance of the loss of picks and the outrageous fines for basically nothing have tarnished the team I've been supporting since long before he arrived. And he did it knowing that I wouldn't like it.

What a bunch of unadulterated crap.

Even before BB/Brady got here, Kraft was the most successful owner in this franchise's history. Those first 6 years (evidently, the "Dark Ages" to you) were the best 6 years in this franchise's history to that point.

By January 2000, they had already been to the playoffs in 3 of their 6 years, and 1 SB - - much better than any other 6 years in their history. They had 6 straight years of sellouts and were already more than halfway through the construction of the first REAL stadium in franchise history. Oh yeah, it was privately financed.

If you truly "been supporting since long before he arrived." you would understand the difference between 1994-1999 and everything that came before it.

Hilarious that someone with your poster name is acting so ignorant of the history here.

Now BB/Brady DID INDEED take him from the greatest owner in Patriots history to the one of the greatest owners in NFL history. But who went out on a limb that only Crazy ol' Man Davis in Oakland would dare to do to bring BB here????? You make it sound as if BB fell in the guy's lap.

Do his capitulations in Cameragate and Framegate diminish his history - - you bet they do. He screwed up. He hurt the team and its reputation. It is what it is. But the hysterical "Throw the baby out with the bathwater" screams from those fans who remember Victor Kiam and the Sullivans cries out for Prozac prescriptions.

Honestly, some posters are like Little Lord Fauntroys crying that their mommies and daddies got them BMWs when they really wanted Jaguars.

Rant over, buddy. Let's see the Pats destroy those Broncos tomorrow and watching Mean Mug hold the Hunt trophy up high (or as relatively high as HE can) smack dab on the 50 yard line of Denver's stadium.

Last edited:
I understand your point. but, I considered the franchise successful with Parcels and Bledsoe. they went from being a doormat to a contender for the playoffs.

Obviously, the run of BB and Brady is unprecedented in the post-free agency era. But, the franchise turned it's fortunes the day Bob took over. I agree that he has allowed the franchise and its fans to be tarnished without a proper fight. I suspect, that Goodell has the owners because he knows the truth behind the studies of CTE and football (and that' one reason they can't get rid of him).

in

Even before BB/Brady got here, Kraft was the most successful owner in this franchise's history.

By January 2000, they had already been to the playoffs in 3 of their 6 years, and 1 SB - - much better than any other 6 years in their history. They had 6 straight years of sellouts and were already more than halfway through the construction of the first REAL stadium in franchise history.

If you truly "been supporting since long before he arrived." you would understand the difference between 1994-1999 and everything that came before it.

Hilarious that someone with your poster name is acting so ignorant of the history here.

BB/Brady took him from the greatest owner in Patriots history to the one of the greatest owners in NFL history. Do his capitulations in Cameragate and Framegate diminish his history - - you bet they do. It is what it is. But the hysterical "Throw the baby out with the bathwater" screams from those fans who remember Victor Kiam and the Sullivans cries out for Prozac prescriptions.

Nice post. Brought me back down to earth .

Question regarding the "mainstream" part of this argument.

Now that Bob Kravitz has come out and said he was fed bad information, what news organization, besides ESPN, is still touting the NFL's line? Anyone?

in

Even before BB/Brady got here, Kraft was the most successful owner in this franchise's history.

By January 2000, they had already been to the playoffs in 3 of their 6 years - - much better than any other 6 years in their history and had been to 1 SB. They had 6 straight years of sellouts and were already more than halfway through the construction of the first REAL stadium in franchise history.

BB/Brady took him from the greatest owner in Patriots history to the one of the greatest owners in NFL history. Do his capitulations in Cameragate and Framegate diminish his history - - you bet they do. It is what it is. But the hysterical "Throw the baby out with the bathwater" screams from those fans who remember Victor Kiam and the Sullivans cries out for Prozac prescriptions.

I didn't say that he was a lousy owner. As a matter of fact I remember defending his ownership (along with you) with some Pats fans who wanted to criticize him for his attempted move to Hartford and some other issues. But that was before the latest capitulation. I think you're over reacting to my criticism of that.

I understand your point. but, I considered the franchise successful with Parcels and Bledsoe. they went from being a doormat to a contender for the playoffs.

Obviously, the run of BB and Brady is unprecedented in the post-free agency era. But, the franchise turned it's fortunes the day Bob took over. I agree that he has allowed the franchise and its fans to be tarnished without a proper fight. I suspect, that Goodell has the owners because he knows the truth behind the studies of CTE and football (and that' one reason they can't get rid of him).

When it comes to actual success on the field, the Parcells/Carrol teams of the 90's were only slightly more successful than the Fairbanks/Erhardt teams of the mid to late 70's and the Berry/Meyer teams of the 80's. None of them won a SB but came close. It wasn't until Brady and Belichick got together that the Pats became consistent winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST