PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Covering Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
i was watching the edge NFL matchup on ESPN and as per them it seems the defense has changed quite a bit and they add new wrinkles.
One interesting one i saw was...they had their best corners jackson and hayden in the slot and 2 backups with safety help on the outside.

will be interesting to see how welker matches up against good cover corners. so far he has been a mismatch for LB's and safeties. Also will brady go for moss in double coverage with backup corners or go to welker with jackson covering him.?

Wow I sure hope they put their back-up corner on Moss. Hahaha 250 yards for Moss if that happens.

Last edited:
i was watching the edge NFL matchup on ESPN and as per them it seems the defense has changed quite a bit and they add new wrinkles.
One interesting one i saw was...they had their best corners jackson and hayden in the slot and 2 backups with safety help on the outside.

will be interesting to see how welker matches up against good cover corners. so far he has been a mismatch for LB's and safeties. Also will brady go for moss in double coverage with backup corners or go to welker with jackson covering him.?

So they are going with 6 in the secondary, Best corners on Welker, double backups on Moss....looks like Stallworth might have a nice day today......

Last edited:
A good running game will wreak havoc on that. Then play action will set-up the kill.
Indy's good tackling could be the negating factor. If they can stop Welker & Stallworth once they catch the ball, they'll be in good shape.
However, the frustration of seeing a team eating up yards in 8-12 yard chunks will cause any player to want to gamble. That's where Moss can shine, or Watson can get deep over the middle.

i believe for most of the game, dungy will have 6dbs out there...and leave 5 for teh run...

and sanders will also do something wierd...not sure wut...

but BB will be slightly surprised, and will then call run, run, run...

i believe for most of the game, dungy will have 6dbs out there...and leave 5 for teh run...

and sanders will also do something wierd...not sure wut...

but BB will be slightly surprised, and will then call run, run, run...

thats what i want to see. somehow when we played the colts we have thrown more to score quickly. We have run the ball well on them but have go away from it a lot early in games once they got stopped once or twice. It will extremely interesting to see if they try and run run run

Alright...it's freaking 7:00 am here on the west coast...cannot sleep...toss and turn. Now I have to wait 6+ hours for this game...

It was actually an ingenius defensive set.
The Colts aren't playing nearly as much straight Tampa 2 anymore. I'll be interested to see how they approach things today.

wait so if colts top 2 corners are playing the slots and Moss and Stallworth are left w backup corners who have safties help on top...does that mean Bob Sanders wont be playing the box? I sure hope so, let Maroney earned his Money for this season and knock some glass off

wait so if colts top 2 corners are playing the slots and Moss and Stallworth are left w backup corners who have safties help on top...does that mean Bob Sanders wont be playing the box? I sure hope so, let Maroney earned his Money for this season and knock some glass off

i think we shouldve opportunities to run. Remains to be seen how long we stay with it. colts have taken away the big play in all games and i think they will want the pats to drive down the field and play red zone D

A good running game will wreak havoc on that. Then play action will set-up the kill.
Indy's good tackling could be the negating factor. If they can stop Welker & Stallworth once they catch the ball, they'll be in good shape.
However, the frustration of seeing a team eating up yards in 8-12 yard chunks will cause any player to want to gamble. That's where Moss can shine, or Watson can get deep over the middle.

I personally would love to see this bloodletting. Heck, bring in Hochstien with K.Brady, and just bludgeon them, and hit Moss when the time is right to sever the main artery. Blood everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back