PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Courant's Greenberg not happy with BB over Bruschi injury info

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTPatsFan said:
I'm stuck with him for my in-print Patriots coverage. All he does is whine. Fortunately I don't rely on the paper for my Pats info unless I'm doing my morning "paper-work". Reading Greenberg is always good for speeding up the "process".

Heh. The Da Vinci Code has worked okay for me lately.

belichickaholic said:
I usually very much enjoy reading Alan Greenberg, but I just lost some respect for him. Couldn't there have been a better way to handle that?
He could lead by example. Next time he gets a scoop, he shouldn't print it until he's sure that all the other newspapers have it.

CrazyDave said:
Right on, my brutha from anotha mutha!
How weird is this? You and BF80 both had mothers? This just upsets my life paradigm even more than a whiney reporter - not that he hasn't also been a Deion apologist for Chayut the past couple weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
PATSNUTme said:
One of the first things that I noticed yesterday at TC, as I was waiting for the players to come out, is how these prima donna's isolate themselves.

They are up on the hill in their little shelter so they don't get sunburned or too hot. They were all sittng there drinking their coffee and eating their patries, probably provided by the Patriots, looking oh so bored. I half expected that they would have a servant washing their toes.

I remember that down to Bryant, the media all stood on the side lines mixed with the fans or up in the bleachers.

It wouldn't do these media gods any harm to go away from their little shelter and mix with the fans, they might learn something.

Maybe they wouldn't whine so much. They have job to do but does everythng have to be made so easy for them?

To be fair Patsnut, I stopped by to say hey one afternoon because Reiss and Casale were the only ones there and they were writing. They were discussing players and what they were seeing and I snuck in a quick hey but I would rather have them watching practice than talking to me.

CrazyDave said:
Yeah, that's smart. Screw with BB, that'll get you right to the top of the information list.

"you catch more flies with honey, than you do with vinegar" - my mom.

He's taken the Ron Borges correspondence course in sports journalism.

R

MoLewisrocks said:
Everyone speculated he had one based on Tomase's scoop in the Herald. The team was waiting for further tests to determine if in fact that was the case. This particular injury can be hard to diagnose.

What Greenberg's shorts are in a bunch about is BB chose to give a scoop on the confirmation of the injury to Reiss. Perhaps he did that because Mike is the most thoughtful and careful and balanced of the reporters on the Pat's beat - not one of the many self important attention whores shilling an opinion for any media outlet who wants to toss them a few extra bucks to appear as a purported expert on what this team should or shouldn't be doing - and because he is in line to become the new Globe beat reporter when Jerome returns to TX.

Life is so unfair - wahhhhhhhhhhhh. That's all your missing.

"...when Jerome returns to TX." ? That's the best news I've read in this thread, if true.
My 2 cents from afar, is that BB gave this scoop to Reiss, because of their relationship back to PFW, and to stick it to the Herald, almost certainly because of the Page 1 fiasco.
Gossip pages, entertainment "news", soap operas, etc. = complete waste of time, resources, brain cells...

Brownfan80 said:
Are we brothers?? My mom said that too!

My mom said "you get more money with sugar, than you do with vinegar", so the three of us are not related.:)

never heard of this alex greenberg... sounds like a borges in the making though

There it is, Dave

CrazyDave said:
I guess a lot of the media needs to work a little harder on establishing sources and doing the legwork the job entails.
They get paid for that, right?

Spot on the money, crazydave.
3 thoughts:
1. oh yeah----cultivate your own freakin contacts, buddy. the great sportswriter who recently passed would've gotten this info from the towel boy, or one of the training staff, or one of bruschi's neighbors.
he wouldnn't have been sitting on his butt waiting for BB to saay it if he had any reporter, let alone sportswriter, left in him.
2. greenberg is a second-rate sportswriter who thinks a little too much oof himself. after all, he's with the courant, donchakno. i'm ususlly disappointed when i read one of his sunday columns. if he expects to get his news from the most closed-mouth coach in the NFL, he'll have very short columns all season.
3. the absence of real reporters in the news biz is sickening. few of these p___ants even leave their offices. they go with whatever's on the wire. they are not journalists, they are talking heads. these folks didn't take electives in other topics, like european history or engineering or epidemiology. so dey don't know nuttin. all they took was communications and media and marketing courses.
so if dey don't know nuttin, then soon we wont know nuttin either.

PatsWorldChamps said:
never heard of this alex greenberg... sounds like a borges in the making though

But have you heard of Alan Greenberg? ;)

http://www.courant.com/sports/footb...10,0,1085676.story?coll=hc-headlines-football

Bruschi Has Wrist Surgery
Will Miss Entire Exhibition Schedule

August 10, 2006
By ALAN GREENBERG, Courant Staff Writer

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- At his Wednesday press conference, the same day linebacker Tedy Bruschi was having surgery to repair his broken wrist, Patriots coach Bill Belichick was asked, "Does the team know yet if Tedy needs surgery?"

"I don't know," Belichick said at noon. "I've said everything I'm going to say about that."

Belichick didn't say if Bruschi would be ready to play when the Patriots open the regular season Sept. 10 against the Bills at Gillette Stadium.

What Belichick also didn't say is that the 247-pound Bruschi, whose job requires him to use those wrists to push away from 300-pound offensive linemen, could be out until October. If so, Bruschi would miss at least the first three regular season games.

"He has a sore hand," Belichick said Wednesday, when asked about Brown.

Is it broken?

"I'm not sure."

Yep, a new Borges in the making.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft