PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Couldnt have hoped for a better ending this MNF game

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will stop gambling because of the refs.

Well, that could fix the whole problem in a hurry. If the gambling industry isn't making money they just might make Goodell an offer he can't refuse..... :eek:

Well, that could fix the whole problem in a hurry. If the gambling industry isn't making money they just might make Goodell an offer he can't refuse..... :eek:
The only thing that could possibly sway or pressure the owners (who control Goodell) would be lost ratings or revenue, and that just isn't happening. The regular refs don't have as strong of a hand as some in here think; even after last night, owners are under no additional pressure to settle.

That call for Seattle changes the landscape of playoffs/home field in the NFC with near certainty.

Yup, just like it changes the landscape of the AFC playoffs/home field.

If the Pats play the Ravens in the plyoffs now, it seems more likely that it will be in Baltimore.

I think you would be correct Wolfpack if the owners were or have been negotiating in good faith. I don't think the reg-refs made much ground if that is the case. However I think the owners went all in for breaking the union. If that is the case, I don't think the benefits inherent to breaking the union outweigh the detriments to continuing in pursuit of that end. I do understand it and I can even understand how the owners could initially convince themselves that they could and should attempt it.

If that is the case, then I think there is now enough evidence that should suggest to the owners that they should simply negotiate their way out of this mess...that going all in to break the union was in the end not worth it.

That does not in any way suggest to me that this will be settled quickly even assuming that anything I have posted above this line is correct. But it does change the dynamics to one where actual negotiation can take place going forward. That at least says there is a light that I can see at the end of the tunnel. If in fact breaking the union has been their goal and they continue in that pursuit, then it becomes difficult for me to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News