Sign TE Daniels
Rb - Sproles
Wr Steve Smith
C - Mack
Lb - Woodyard
DB - Browner

Pass rushing DE - not sure who is still available
DT/NT - if Vince isn't back

Seems like comprehensive upgrades are available, but I'm not sure how many we could do with the cap room we have.

Resign Talib & Edelman

Sign TE Daniels
Rb - Sproles
Wr Steve Smith
C - Mack
Lb - Woodyard
DB - Browner

Seems like comprehensive upgrades are available, but I'm not sure how many we could do with the cap room we have.

no we cannot

I don't believe so. Mack is going to get paid a lot (maybe $10M/yr). Talib will get around that, possibly. Edelman will get about $5M/yr. Some of those would have to take discounts which isn't likely.

Resign Talib & Edelman

Sign TE Daniels
Rb - Sproles
Wr Steve Smith
C - Mack
Lb - Woodyard
DB - Browner

With Edelman looking like a goner:

- Cut Vince if he won't take a pay cut
- Sign Talib
- Sproles
- Woodyard
- Art Jones
- Draft Oline, Tight end, and Safety

Resign Talib & Edelman

Sign TE Daniels
Rb - Sproles
Wr Steve Smith
C - Mack
Lb - Woodyard
DB - Browner

Why would we want to bring in Sproles, Smith and Browner?

Sproles is redundant to Vereen.
Steve Smith hate all things Belichick.
Browner is a failed drug test away from a lifetime suspension.

Mack is going to be over-priced.

I could see a 1 year prove it deal for Daniels and A decent deal for Woodyard, though I don't think Woodyard is all that great at run defense.

Ok, revised question, can we sign Revis & Edelman?

Ok, revised question, can we sign Revis & Edelman?

Sure. They still have some moves they can make to clear some significant cap space (cut or re-structure Wilfork, cut Sopoaga, Cut Connolly) and we are in a pretty good cap position moving forward. We currently have about $14mil in cap space and can easily get another $10-12mil if necessary.

If Revis doesn't get traded and is cut I would throw $12mil a year at him. Maybe something like 4 years $50mil with $25mil guaranteed ($16mil signing bonus). You could probably get him down to a 1st year cap hit of $6mil or so and backload it past the Mankins contract and into the increased future cap space. I'm not sure if the Pats would do this though.

I think we can certainly get Edelman back if we want him, it just depends how much we are willing to pay. There doesn't seem to be much of a WR market so I think the chances are he's back. You could probably get both Revis and Edelman for a combined $10-$12mil 2014 cap hit.

The other position I would look at is DE. Its a really weak draft for pass rushers and we need someone to compliment Jones and Ninko. Ware and Peppers would be my top 2 targets because they were both cut and wouldn't count against us in regards to compensation picks. Jared Allen would be my #3 option but there is a chance he could cancel out losing Talib and cost us a 3rd round compensation pick (although I don't think its likely). Ware or Peppers on a 2 year deal would be ideal for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes