PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Vikings File a Claim for our 3rd Rd Draft Pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Childress had shown half the leadership dealing with Favre as he did with Moss, his team might actually be worth talking about. What a joke that team has become.

That applies to guys that have less than 10 years in the league but Moss has 10+(Faneca rule).

But that just sets a low maximum, right? The pay/performance formula still applies, so by my understanding the answer is still "unknowable, but a 5th sounds high."

But at minimum, it sounds like waiving him instead of benching him costs them some additional draft pick. True they would have to still pay his salary but they might anyway if no one picks up the waiver.

Last edited:
Because it's been less than 30 days, I heard the Vikings can get their 3rd round pick back as long as they give Randy Moss back to New England and show the NFL their receipt. :p

Last edited:
hahahah this is brilliant.

Now all i want us to do is sign moss when he clears the waver wire and we get a 3rd rounder next year for free. They can basically just pay his salary for us hahaha

childress i have some property to sell you... and a car... only driven once a week by a little old lady to the corner store

i don't like using the word when it comes describing a football coach.

But Childress has just proved he is ******ed if this is the case.

Well, as Joe Theismann would put it, "he's no Norman Einstein."

It's the NFL with Goodell in charge. Not only will they give them the 3rd back. They'll take away a 1st for conspiracy to compete. :rolleyes:

Doubt it No one did anything illegal. Sure Chilly is an idiot, but that is not enough evidence to overturn what had occured in the honest exchange of talent for pick.:cool:

Hey let's be fair about this....

Vikings can return Moss and in exchange they can have Mankins instead.

Even exchange.

Jeez, I hope not.

If NE loses the Moss pick Maroney will be shipped back any day now.

I feel sorry for Minnesota fans.

I can't see any grounds to file a claim, but that doesn't mean they can't try to file a claim. No diff than Chilly throwing the challenge flag on that Tate reception when there was 0.00% chance of it being overturned.

I can't see any grounds to file a claim, but that doesn't mean they can't try to file a claim. No diff than Chilly throwing the challenge flag on that Tate reception when there was 0.00% chance of it being overturned.

I could file a claim against McDonald's for soggy fries that I paid full price for and expected better, doesn't mean I will win my dollar back.

Didn't really mean to quote your post, just agreeing with the 0.00% chance :rocker:

No, it wasn't. The Vikings are just stoooooooopid.

One the best Vikings all-time smart moves was a few years back on NFL Draft Day 1, first round: Vikings are on the clock for their 1st rd. pick when they went into slow motion after the 5 minute window expired, allowing two teams (scheduled to pick after Vikes) to walk-up to make their selections in front of Minnesota. Not surprisingly, I think that was under the brainy Mike Tice regime.

I could file a claim against McDonald's for soggy fries that I paid full price for and expected better, doesn't mean I will win my dollar back.

Didn't really mean to quote your post, just agreeing with the 0.00% chance :rocker:

Yeah, anyone could really file anything. I kind of want Chilly to file the claim. What would his defense be? He's too stupid so he shouldn't be allowed to make trades?

Yeah maybe we should get our 3rd back from Arizona after Duane Starks didn't pan out. Who cares about being responsible for our mishaps

I wonder if they weren't talking about trying to get awarded a compensatory pick, which would start at the end of the 3rd round? Teams can be awarded them if they lose someone of great value to free agency. I don't think this would qualify since they are waiving Moss and not losing him to free agency. New England in the past has been the beneficiary from this. That was how they got Tom Brady (sixth round, 2000) and several others.

Once we resign him they might be tempted, but it won't go anywhere. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe