PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Vikings File a Claim for our 3rd Rd Draft Pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can they do that?

Zig: Lo Roger, sup?

Goodell The Clown: Yo Zig, happnin?

Z: Got this situation re:Moss. You know all the video of him smoozin with Kraft pre-game?

GTC: Missed it as my eyes were full of tears from my Jets loss but I heard about it.

Z: Here's my idea. You accuse Kraft of player tampering, give us back our 3rd and then forefit BOTH of the Pats 2011 firsts?

GTC: I hear ya! Most NFL fans will eat up the Pats Cheating AGAIN! theme and I get a chance to derail the Pats juggernaught.

Z: Way to go. See you in the Virgin Isles on my Gulfstream 5 again this February

GTC: Mutters to self, now if there only was a way to allocate those forefited picks to my Jets....

Last edited:
does we really risk it ?

to loose the 3rd round pick ?

Suddenly I'm having Deja Vu. I'm seeing Childress throwing that challenge flag in game and thinking, "what the heck is he challenging? You can't challenge the fact that you are losing..."

This sounds like the same "flag" coming out of his pantleg. God he really is playing checkers....

Lol don't sweat it guys, it's not happening, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. We made a fair trade and it is now their loss.

They can't get it back...... not our 3 that Chilly gave us.

the claim must be on Moss if they could not resign him.

idiot Vikings :rofl:

:cool:

Whaaaaaaaaat? Childress proves yet again that he's the biggest moron in the league. Other than the clown FO that extended him this offseason.

But yeah, don't count out Goodell taking another crap on us.

I would assume there might be injury cases.
They could potentially claim another form of damaged goods.
They could claim something related to the reported texting between Moss and Brady - although that happens all the time.
It is very hard to imagine how they could make a case.
That would set a terrible precedent.

Presumably they'll have to claim that the Patriots misrepresented the player in some way, or conspired to have him harm his new team? "This turned out crappy" is obviously not grounds for reneging on a deal.

What's more...the Patriots did lose the player, so how can they not get their compensation? :confused: They can try to VOID the trade, but then they'd have to give Moss back, not waive him.

Edit: I'm coming back to bold the above. If you feel the trade wasn't valid, you file to void it. You can't strip the team of the player then refuse to pay them the pick.

Last edited:
If the NFL was going to protect teams from their own stupidity, they would have stepped in for the Bengals a long time ago.

Thinking about it, what grounds would they have to successfully winning a claim like this?

- The draft pick was not conditional
- The Pats were not hiding an injury where they sent them damaged goods (even then, they should have had done a physical)
- The Pats can't get Moss back unless he clears waivers and every team gets a shot at him in the waiver process before the Pats
- The Vikings chose to release him. They weren't forced to.

Whaaaaaaaaat? Childress proves yet again that he's the biggest moron in the league. Other than the clown FO that extended him this offseason.

But yeah, don't count out Goodell taking another crap on us.

he can't..... :) Moss played 4 games w/ that Purple Horned Team

(closest I could get to Purple)

Thinking about it, what grounds would they have to successfully winning a claim like this?

- The draft pick was not conditional
- The Pats were not hiding an injury where they sent them damaged goods (even then, they should have had done a physical)
- The Pats can't get Moss back unless he clears waivers and every team gets a shot at him in the waiver process before the Pats
- The Vikings chose to release him. They weren't forced to.

Excellent points. Unless the Pats knew that Moss had an injury or was under psychiatric care (I'm not joking) and did not disclose it to the Vikes, that is the only chance they have at getting some kind of renumeration.

Maybe they are trying to discourage the Patriots from re-signing him that so that already ballistic fan base doesn't arm itself with pitchforks and scythes and storm the Metrodome.
Viking Fans burn Chilly at the stake?

So Minny wants is pick back because the player went public with the fact that the Patriots are a better prepared and coached team? LOL What a total joke.....

This is about as logical as Chilli Dip challenging tht Tate catch yesterday, theres no baseis

WHY CAN'T WE GET PLAYERS LIKE THAT??? :eek: :bricks: :rocker:

Well, the Vikings are still within the 90 days grace period. They can get either a refund or an exchange, assuming they still have the receipt.

The fans over at Minnesota are going bat shyt over this move.. they all want to waive Childress with no severance pay...

This is about as logical as Chilli Dip challenging tht Tate catch yesterday, theres no baseis

I'm thinking we should have a "WTF" moment every week on this board. Chilly just retroactively got the first two.

It can't be misrepresentation at this late date, so tampering? But even so, that should be a separate complaint, not an attempt to recoup losses from a bad trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes