PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CORRECTION: brady willing to accept 1 game for failure to cooperate is UNTRUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this scenario -

NFL says no deal without suspension.

Brady/NFLPA say - okay, we'll agree to a one game suspension for noncooperation provided that the NFL withdraws the Wells Report and acknowledges serious deficiencies in both the investigation and hearing processes

NFL to Schefter - Brady willing to accept suspension.

bunch of reporters confirming schefter's reports...
adam's usually right about things.

because it is very possible that failing to cooperate is not mutually inclusive with the original accusation

It is very possible that at the time, long before the wells report, there was a belief that this would never get to where it has gotten. It is very realistic to believe that if brady knew where this was going to wind up that he would have given 100%.....but he did not give 100% and that is a contribution as to why this went where it went........it is very possible that it would not have mattered

again.....my first knee-jerk is that brady did this because he believes they won't accept it.........which leaves only one uncooperative party in the case .... at least in the judges eyes.

the NFL has to think quick this morning....this is a tug of war, and the brady side just let go of the rope for a bit......will likely start pulling real hard again

provided this is even true.....which is by no means certain......I'm just painting on assumption

Failing to cooperate should result in a fine, not a suspension. There is precedent for that. If Brady accepts one game, that tells the general public and most of the media that there is guilt there beyond failing to cooperate. So, that said, you still haven't answered my question. If it's not admitting some sort of guit, why accept a suspension when there is no evidence that you did anything wrong?

Take the game. At this point being caught up in this sh!t show isn't worth it. It's a joke that you would even have to fight this thing regardless. This story stopped being about right and wrong a long time ago. Take the game and cut ties with the NFL . That means go marshawn lynch on this league and these bozos. Banner goes up game 2, that makes a pretty big statement. Let's give all those other fans something to really hate.
Any admission of guilt is worse than anything Brady can do. I rather he admits guilt and takes the 4 games, or fights this to the bitter end. There should be no in between when it comes to this fight. Berman already got the NFL to admit there is no proof, keep the fight going.

Any admission of guilt is worse than anything Brady can do. I rather he admits guilt and takes the 4 games, or fights this to the bitter end. There should be no in between when it comes to this fight. Berman already got the NFL to admit there is no proof, keep the fight going.
Agreed - either admit guilt and take the 4, fight and lose and take the 4, or fight and win and get no suspension - DO NOT TAKE A DEAL.

Explain to me in detail how accepting a one game suspension when you haven't done anything and when there is zero proof of any wrongdoing is not admitting guilt.

I agree it's disappointing but we can look at this from various angles:

- Brady has a lot of mental strength. Fact. But this has become an issue that I can't stand anymore, imagine him. Very exhausting.

- He might have realized he is forever tarnished for this farce, so getting 1 game and no admission of guilt, only no cooperation, + another SB victory could erase this in the past and it would be only a small blur in his career, even though unfair.

- I think BB might have an input or two over this:
1 - Being impatient and calling Kraft and Brady to say "Listen, I'm not carrying this distraction into the season, either solve this ASAP or I will make a few football decisions that it's in the best interest of the team". Also BB plans based on certainty, so I guess he would prefer to miss Tom for 4 initial games than work with uncertainty for the second half of the season if this goes longer and they get an injuction.

2 [long shot] - Being a guy that always think ahead of time and take the most out of every opportunity, he might want to see what he has in Garopollo and playing against the Steelers would be a unique opportunity, so something in the lines of "Listen Tom, we need to see if Jimmy is the real deal or not, 1 game is not a big deal".

Last edited:
Failing to cooperate should result in a fine, not a suspension. There is precedent for that. If Brady accepts one game, that tells the general public and most of the media that there is guilt there beyond failing to cooperate. So, that said, you still haven't answered my question. If it's not admitting some sort of guit, why accept a suspension when there is no evidence that you did anything wrong?

depends on what you are failing to cooperate with.....logically, on field and off field are 2 different things

i don't want him to be penalized at all........I do want this to be over.........this issue hanging over the pats for the season will have a negative effect.

If there is any truth to this, it would make sense that brady would do this........he is a good leader, and he has a fan following that will not be swayed by this. and the haters already hate.

I would love for the whole thing to be thrown out, but people need to stop being homers about this

wait-what-gif.gif

this is beyond words.......

Enough with the settlement talks. I just want the judge to rule.

depends on what you are failing to cooperate with.....logically, on field and off field are 2 different things

i don't want him to be penalized at all........I do want this to be over.........this issue hanging over the pats for the season will have a negative effect.

If there is any truth to this, it would make sense that brady would do this........he is a good leader, and he has a fan following that will not be swayed by this. and the haters already hate.

I would love for the whole thing to be thrown out, but people need to stop being homers about this

Based on what we know, failing to cooperate is failing to hand over the cell phone... and even then there are conflicting reports about that. And looking at this logically is not being a homer. I see no reason for Brady to even accept one game if he's done nothing wrong and the evidence, or lack thereof, backs that up. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if Schefter's report is true.

bunch of reporters confirming schefter's reports...
adam's usually right about things.

The thing is, although usually right, I don't trust the network he works for.

Imagine that? The night before the next hearing this story is reported by none other than BSPN. Stinks of more NFL propaganda to me.

Listening to Zolak. He's treating Schefter's report as credible. Explains his own earlier report that Brady was pissed because he was willing to make this sacrifice but NFL unbending on his accepting Wells report.
Ugh.

I hate a settlement at all strictly because it leads to no reform in the NFL, specifically in regard to the Commissioner's ability to abuse power easily. The NFL needs reform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back