PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CORRECTION: brady willing to accept 1 game for failure to cooperate is UNTRUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Brady just comes out and says, "enough is enough. I'm innocent. The league is acting in bad faith. My offer is nothing. No admission. No suspension. No fine. Give the case to the judge and let the chips fall where they may."

at some point it has to become more about the football that is going to be played........I believe allowing this to continue during the season is bad for the pats. I think brady believes that too and that more than anything, one game is worth burying this turd

"if true" is a form of thinking of buying into it.

Every Pats fan that has followed this thing closely should assume something from "league sources" is 100% false.

and dismissing a story only because of the source is one of the worse forms of homerism

And yet that's what will widely be believed, reported, and discussed at length his HOF induction. Once again: why be willing to accept a suspension when:

1. There is no evidence you did anything wrong.

2. You cooperated with the investigation.

3. There is precedent of a fine if the NFL wants to go with the "you didn't hand over the phone" angle?

Those three questions are why I can't buy the report as being true.

worrying about this now is incredibly stupid..........football is here and to fight a fight that will undermine a teams season is selfish and pretty stupid.......there is prudence in having this thing being over for 1 game rather than trying to save face while sitting 4

nobody cares anymore..........you're either behind him or a hater........nothing is going to change that.

as for HOF, he really doesn't need to worry about that

at some point it has to become more about the football that is going to be played........I believe allowing this to continue during the season is bad for the pats. I think brady believes that too and that more than anything, one game is worth burying this turd
I don't know for sure, I certainly don't trust league sources, but I don't get why people think it is so unthinkable that Brady might prefer to sit out a game and get this over with than deal with the uncertainty of a Berman ruling, wherein even if he "wins" the most likely result is that he spends several more months of court appearances on the NFL's appeal of Berman's ruling followed by re-arbitration, which means he will have to take days of his time traveling to and from New York again in the middle of the season, and even then we don't even know he won't get a smaller suspension in the re-arbitration. As much as I hope he fights, I can totally understand if he would rather sit out a game and get it all over with now.

The only way this is true is if the Nflpa got word that the judge is going to rule in favor of the NFL

This is my perception of the matter but I'd also have to believe that the PA and Brady legitimately think their case will not win after all. In that case I can understand why he'd take one game with no admission of guilt. It still sets a bad precedent and is disappointing but I'd get where he is coming from.

My guess is that a number of folks around here will refuse to accept the reasoning behind it. I'll be bummed out for sure but won't hold it against Tom for long...

I said this in another post but it needs to be said again
DON'T DO IT!!! Why should he be the 1st player to EVER get a suspension for this?

Same reason Belichick keeps getting screwed by the league. Other teams are jealous of the Patriots and want them to be prosecuted to the fullest (and then some) extent of the law any time there is even a slight chance they broke a rule.

This entire thing is not only a defamation of Brady's legacy, but of the Patriots & BB's. The Pats are the only team to have lost their first round draft pick under Goodell.. and this happened twice! (to be fair, Saints would have as well if they had one that year)

Dont like it. No matter what the NFL or Brady says post agreement (I dont think it will happen anyway) if he agrees to a suspension of any kind he will be generally be seen as guilty of having a part in this. we might not as fans.

An innocent man has nothing to fear, and nothing to concede.

I hope this isn't true.

I'm wondering why zolak isn't refuting this claim; just heard him and he's going along w the story of Brady "willing to accept some form of suspension"....

Why give these pricks anything? Have they, at any point in time, acted in good faith throughout this whole ordeal? Give the case to the judge and hope that the he has the courage to do the right thing. If he doesn't, then f*ck it. Is sacrificing your dignity and empowering a corrupt administration worth playing a few extra games?

The only way this is true is if the Nflpa got word that the judge is going to rule in favor of the NFL

bracing myself for the bad news..
amazing that league can create some fake story and take away picks/suspended our best players. such ********..and a federal judge can't see through this farce

if toms innocent he shouldnt accept any sort of suspension, period.

if brady accepts a 1 game suspension it means the NFL won.

The NFL already won when they got Kraft to accept a 1st & 4th round pick to be stripped from the team.

The fact that this has already happened and we're now clinging on to our star QB coming off a SB MVP season not being suspended in addition to that already draconian penalty is beyond f***ed up

This is my perception of the matter but I'd also have to believe that the PA and Brady legitimately think their case will not win after all. In that case I can understand why he'd take one game with no admission of guilt. It still sets a bad precedent and is disappointing but I'd get where he is coming from.

My guess is that a number of folks around here will refuse to accept the reasoning behind it. I'll be bummed out for sure but won't hold it against Tom for long...

I stopped being emotional about this a long time ago...........the bottom line is that if brady thinks one game is worth having this be over, then it is a noble course of action when it comes to the team

Explain to me in detail how accepting a one game suspension when you haven't done anything and when there is zero proof of any wrongdoing is not admitting guilt.

It's admitting that he didn't cooperate. That's all. As much as Berman **** on the NFL's case, he still questioned Brady's side about his lack of cooperation. Unfortunately, I believe this is probably the best he can hope for at this point.

bracing myself for the bad news..
amazing that league can create some fake story and take away picks/suspended our best players. such ********..and a federal judge can't see through this farce

if so, at some point you're going to have to get over it or stop watching football

I stopped being emotional about this a long time ago...........the bottom line is that if brady thinks one game is worth having this be over, then it is a noble course of action when it comes to the team
I'm tired of it. Brady's likely exhausted. Ultimately missing four games could be a major blow for our season if JG isn't ready. One game gives us a legitimate chance for another run.

Just trying to take a sort of optimistic stance if worst case he takes one game for non coop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back