PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CORRECTION: brady willing to accept 1 game for failure to cooperate is UNTRUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berman could issue a ruling basically saying the Wells Report is trash, Goodell has too much authority, but it was bargained for in the CBA and does not violate any law. That would be horrible.

But he won't. The NFL in the Rice and Petersen cases tried to hide behind Article 46 (or whatever it is) and got slapped down by the court. Brady and the NFLPA are citing those two cases (and others) so Berman doesn't have to come up with a new precedent. It's already been decided that Article 46 doesn't give the Commish carte blanche to do what he wants.

Nobody outside New England will see it that way. If he wants any chance at any kind of vindication in this, he can't accept a suspension.

People already have their minds made up. This won't sway anyone's opinion. Most people with a brain will know that Brady is still in the GOAT conversation. At least the ones who matter and who will be voting him into the HOF.

Well that just doesn't make sense to me. I'm a lawyer and I see this as strategy coupled with the hope for predictability (which goes out the window if you allow Berman to rule).

I'm a lawyer too. You don't get it. People here are concerned with Brady's legacy. A four game suspension would at least look like "Brady went down with a fight. He got screwed by the system." A one game suspension would be "Brady caved because he knows he is guilty."

But he won't. The NFL in the Rice and Petersen cases tried to hide behind Article 46 (or whatever it is) and got slapped down by the court. Brady and the NFLPA are citing those two cases (and others) so Berman doesn't have to come up with a new precedent. It's already been decided that Article 46 doesn't give the Commish carte blanche to do what he wants.
Rice and Peterson are outside of the Second Circuit. Therefore, those cases are persuasive precedent not binding precedent.

Now he is trolling. He is inside the judge's chambers???

the judge has no authority to issue a fine. all he can do is keep or reverse the suspension.

I'm a lawyer too. You don't get it. People here are concerned with Brady's legacy. A four game suspension would at least look like "Brady went down with a fight. He got screwed by the system." A one game suspension would be "Brady caved because he knows he is guilty."
That might be how it feels today, but the people who will write that history and define Brady's legacy are in Elementary or Middle School today. In other words, Brady's legacy will be written when the dust has settled. I'm confident that it will be just fine whatever he decides.

The NFL has totally destroyed his reputation outside of New England. You don't think that if the judge confirmed the settlement (and even trashed the Wells Report a bit) people outside of New England would still look at it as a confirmation of Brady's guilt? I'm beyond the point of caring what non-Pats fans think. I want Brady to serve the least amount of games (preferably one) without the admission of guilt (because I don't believe he did anything wrong). If Pats fans believe a settlement with no admission a guilt is proof positive of his guilt, then I think those people are not reasonable human beings.

LOL at people going on about public opinion like a bunch of girls. Stop caring what a group of irrational individuals who lack any sort of cognitive function think about Brady or our team. These people will make any excuse for why Brady and NE are cheaters even if Berman overturns the suspension completely. The ones who want to believe Brady is guilty have already started making excuses in case this scenario comes to fruition.

Their opinion is meaningless. Those who matter - who will be voting him into the HOF - have already gone on record saying that they wouldn't consider his legacy to be tarnished even if he is found to be guilty.

1 game is better than 4. Always. With no exceptions whatsoever. To claim otherwise is just being irrational.

Yeah, this Gashole guy is just throwing this stuff out there to get Twitter followers, he doesn't know ****.

the judge has no authority to issue a fine. all he can do is keep or reverse the suspension.
I think, more precisely, all he can is Uphold or Vacate Goodell's ruling on Brady's Appeal, which includes the suspension as one of its terms. Should Judge Berman vacate the Appeal, what happens next will largely be driven by what Berman says in his own ruling.

This just shows how immature and unreasonable the NFL is. Its ridiculous that they won't reach a compromise just to spite Brady and the Pats.

did you fail in logic?

He is not issuing the fine, he is asking the league to change the punishment to something that is in line with the rulebook and prior punishments.

He is not issuing the fine, he is asking the league to change the punishment to something that is in line with the rulebook and prior punishments.
Does not change the fact that this Mike Gasior person is not a legitimate source and is just trying to gain more followers (like Stephen Brown last week). Plus this Gasior guy said that was how the Judge said he would rule (which doesn't make one lick of sense).

This just shows how immature and unreasonable the NFL is. Its ridiculous that they won't reach a compromise just to spite Brady and the Pats.

I think this is much bigger than our team. The league wants to establish Goodell's authority to void contracts based on whatever he dreams up. Can't see a pro-labor judge being willing to help them turn union members with contracts into "at-will" employees.

And yet that's what will widely be believed, reported, and discussed at length his HOF induction. Once again: why be willing to accept a suspension when:

1. There is no evidence you did anything wrong.

2. You cooperated with the investigation.

3. There is precedent of a fine if the NFL wants to go with the "you didn't hand over the phone" angle?

Those three questions are why I can't buy the report as being true.

Yeah, pretty much this. As far as I'm concerned Brady CAN NOT willingly accept any suspension.

Probably so. Just pointing out that the judge could advise the NFL to stop acting like petulant children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST