PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Convince me about LB depth, and....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seau and Gardner are rehabbing Free Agents who may be brought back when ready.

Alexander, Woods, and Mays may be further advanced than we know.

Lua replaces Don Davis.

Rogers is promising.

There are several other DE to OLB prospects who might be brought in for tryouts during Rookie Camp, not to mention picked up for the Practice Squad after cut downs.

we certainly have depth problems at ILB. Bruschi is not the 04 Bruschi anymore, neither is Vrabel, and Seau is well past his prime. the other ILB's are JAG's.

Our depth is fine as long as we don't have any injuries. Or a lot of flu cases.

if it wasn't for injuries, nobody would need depth. that's the point of this thread.

what if Bruschi tears his ACL and Seau is done?

I'd also feel a little better if we found a 3rd QB. Would have loved Troy Smith in this draft, but so be it.

I was so sure they'd draft a QB. So very, very sure. So very, very wrong.

if it wasn't for injuries, nobody would need depth. that's the point of this thread.

what if Bruschi tears his ACL and Seau is done?

Sorry guy. I don't usually use these:rolleyes: :rolleyes: but I'm being sarcastic.

I've got a lot of history on this subject so I'm trying not to be overbearing.

The two guys you mentioned don't have a lot left in the tank if healthy, to be honest.

Last edited:
The only issue I see is the depth at LB, and as that answer becomes clear, I feel better about this teams chances than any Pat team to date. (Speaking with foresight rather than hindsight about previous champs)

ILB depth is again a concern for me for this year too. I thought last year BB/Pioli did not do enough to address depth at linebacker in the draft or FA. They were lucky to land Seau when they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back