PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations To The Bills And Their Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason this lowly brand of behavior is just dandy in your book is because you're a freaking Bills fan. I've been a Patriots season ticket holder for 17 years and have NEVER heard that level of vitriol in Foxboro. Never heard it in Green Bay, or Pittsburgh, or any of about a dozen other stadiums I've visited. (New Jersey comes close, but that's a whole different life form down there.) Face it, a decade of losing has made you both desperate and moronic.

Hey Tune....... I will agree that a decade of losing has had it's impact on the Bills, but I have a hard time really saying that the Bills fans are that bad. I've been to the last 5 Pats @ Bills games in full Patriots regalia. Never caught to much crap. In fact, I've been to quite a few Pats games in various stadiums over the years and over the last 3-4 years, and it's about the same, or more, vitriol from the crowd.

Yesterday's crowd did get a little rowdy towards the end, but that's the worst I ever saw outta them. I couldn't blame them........ they have sucked for a long time. This was their super bowl........ I'm calling 9-7 for the Bills this year. That's it.

All that said, I can't wait to come into Foxboro later this season (11/6) for my annual pilgrimage. Nothing like a game there. Best fans ever. See you there. :rocker:

When I go to Foxboro or any other stadium, I typically don't see as many 20-25 year olds as I do at the Ralph. Combine that with cheap tickets, the fact it's mostly men, and tailgating that probably rivals any place in the NFL, and you have a mix that makes it not such a nice place to visit. I wouldn't blame that on Bills fans in general. It's just the demographic at the stadium.

I saw it happen over and over and over and over. I saw young guys being totally merciless to a 55 year old Patriot fan and his wife.

yeah, in 2009 when we went there. Bills fans were throwing beer and stuff at our fans in the parking lot. Unfortunately its not a stadium you could bring your kids too. They have way to many immature fans there. I don't think the Bills fans are the worst, Philly , Chicago, were much worse. I had no problem going there alone, but Im not a small guy either.

I call it fan cowardice. I don't see it as cool thing, something to be proud of (like they are in philly), or a strength.
These stadiums get out of control because there own fans are to cowardice to stop it themselves and let it happen, and the stadium can't police it, and shouldn't have to.
You might get a couple smart ass remarks in the Dome, but if someone goes to far, 9 times out of 10 our own fans will make the guy sit-down and shut up. Were not Saints ,,,ummm literally , lol, but we do a pretty good job policing ourselves, and I can guarantee you can bring your whole family to the Dome with little or no problems.

Bills, raiders, philly, chicago, etc.. They don't have fans who have the guts, maturity to tell their own fans to shut up, be respectful of kids, or stop themselves from throwing objects. I don't think because its football makes it ok. I just think they have weak fans, and then it becomes some idiot tradition, like in philly, so their own fans don't feel so bad about being cowards and not doing anything. Their really just no excuse for it.

I want to bring my son to every game but can't. I just tell my brothers son, their cowards and can't police themselves, and this is why it is important that when you grow up you should never act this way, and remember to watch out for, and police our own fans, because we don't want to be like this.

But its to bad fans don't understand this is a family sport, and you just can't yell things like ***got, when there are kids present.

Last edited:
When I go to Foxboro or any other stadium, I typically don't see as many 20-25 year olds as I do at the Ralph.

This hit the nail on the head. The Buffalo crowd is EXTREMELY young and I think it's the combination of a teetering franchise, cheap tix plus the opportunity to booze it up all day. These kids have never experienced winning and don't know how to handle it. Outside the stadium they were selling "F*ck The Patriots" and "Brady's A Lady" T-shirts for $5. All around us we heard the most awful garbage yelled the whole game, including a girl just behind us screaming at the top of her lungs over and over and over "Brady's a homo!" others pleading for Brady to get his knee blown out, etc., etc., etc.

This was my eighth visit to that stadium and I've never seen it this bad; the immature nonsense was unbelievable. But on closer inspection it became obvious why.

yeah, in 2009 when we went there. Bills fans were throwing beer and stuff at our fans in the parking lot. Unfortunately its not a stadium you could bring your kids too. They have way to many immature fans there. I don't think the Bills fans are the worst, Philly , Chicago, were much worse. I had no problem going there alone, but Im not a small guy either.

I call it fan cowardice. I don't see it as cool thing, something to be proud of (like they are in philly), or a strength.
These stadiums get out of control because there own fans are to cowardice to stop it themselves and let it happen, and the stadium can't police it, and shouldn't have to.
You might get a couple smart ass remarks in the Dome, but if someone goes to far, 9 times out of 10 our own fans will make the guy sit-down and shut up. Were not Saints ,,,ummm literally , lol, but we do a pretty good job policing ourselves, and I can guarantee you can bring your whole family to the Dome with little or no problems.

Bills, raiders, philly, chicago, etc.. They don't have fans who have the guts, maturity to tell their own fans to shut up, be respectful of kids, or stop themselves from throwing objects. I don't think because its football makes it ok. I just think they have weak fans, and then it becomes some idiot tradition, like in philly, so their own fans don't feel so bad about being cowards and not doing anything. Their really just no excuse for it.

I want to bring my son to every game but can't. I just tell my brothers son, their cowards and can't police themselves, and this is why it is important that when you grow up you should never act this way, and remember to watch out for, and police our own fans, because we don't want to be like this.

But its to bad fans don't understand this is a family sport, and you just can't yell things like ***got, when there are kids present.

Well, Philadelphia is where basic humanity goes to die, but TBH Chicago kinda surprises me. I've only met nice people from Chicago... maybe because all of the jerks are at Bears games :p

This was my eighth visit to that stadium and I've never seen it this bad; the immature nonsense was unbelievable. But on closer inspection it became obvious why.

I will definitely agree that this year was the worst. I attributed that to a "warm" weather game, aggressive tailgating and a general sense that this community thinks that this year's team is great. Many of the other games I remember there against us in recent history (like last year for instance), they were much later in the season (when the Bills had already showed their true colors as a team ;) ), and were much COLDER.

Those 20 degrees and under games tend to suppress the "pink hat" crowd a bit.

I'm sure if you went to a Detroit, Raiders or Texans game right now, you'd get a whole lot of the same stuff or worse.

I will definitely agree that this year was the worst. I attributed that to a "warm" weather game, aggressive tailgating and a general sense that this community thinks that this year's team is great. Many of the other games I remember there against us in recent history (like last year for instance), they were much later in the season (when the Bills had already showed their true colors as a team ;) ), and were much COLDER.

Those 20 degrees and under games tend to suppress the "pink hat" crowd a bit.

I'm sure if you went to a Detroit, Raiders or Texans game right now, you'd get a whole lot of the same stuff or worse.

Here's another theory of mine: not to insult youth culture altogether, but video-game mentality has bred a sort of "kill the enemy" attitude that transcends sportsmanship. Kids seem to think that supporting your team means disrespecting the opponent threatening to take victory away from it. Pretty sad, in that it prevents them from truly appreciating the excellence of a player like Brady or a coach like BB. I personally love the game first and my allegiance to my team comes second, which allows me to appreciate a well-played game even if my team loses.

This was our 3rd trip out to Buffalo (went previously in 2006 and 2007) and I agree with many of the posters above. In general I enjoy the Bills' fans, mostly friendly during the tailgate (which BTW doesn't start until 9:00 in the stadium lots, so traffic just lines up on the residential streets). We went into the field house before the game, no one gave us crap with our Pats stuff on, even had pictures taken with the Bills cheerleaders.

But when we got inside you could tell it was going to be long day, it was HOT out and the booze and sun just fired up the very young crowd. We sat 5 rows from the field in the end zone and saw our share of drunken behavior, of course the most violent was the 20ish something hammered young woman with a Patriots Jersey punching a 20ish something hammered young guy with a Bills Jersey right in the face multiple times. Everyone got kicked out, well at least for awhile until he somehow came back to his seat, but eventually he got kicked out again (I know this because we were talking to his friend who stayed behind). Anyway, it really did remind me of the old Foxboro Stadium of the late 80's/early 90's, with security very slow to react etc. We stayed right till the end and then had walk the gauntlet from down near the field while all the Bills fans were celebrating (I read later they played Sweet Caroline, but I couldn't hear it) to get out of the stadium. Only one fan yelled at me outside, something about the Sox choking etc, I don't think he heard my reply "Well at least we won the Cup!", he might have liked that since I think they're actually bigger hockey fans than football.

Oh, and then we sat in traffic for 40 minutes without moving, worst traffic management I've seen since...the last time I was at a Bills game, and this comes from a Pats season ticketholder who know all about bad traffic. But, we'll probably go back next year...

But, we'll probably go back next year...

Hell yes. I like the odds of spotting them one game every eight years. ;) One thing I did notice that I've never seen at another team's stadium is that vendors also sold Pats gear, Jets gear, etc. Says a lot about a franchise that has trouble selling out its games.

This was our 3rd trip out to Buffalo (went previously in 2006 and 2007) and I agree with many of the posters above. In general I enjoy the Bills' fans, mostly friendly during the tailgate (which BTW doesn't start until 9:00 in the stadium lots, so traffic just lines up on the residential streets). We went into the field house before the game, no one gave us crap with our Pats stuff on, even had pictures taken with the Bills cheerleaders.

But when we got inside you could tell it was going to be long day, it was HOT out and the booze and sun just fired up the very young crowd. We sat 5 rows from the field in the end zone and saw our share of drunken behavior, of course the most violent was the 20ish something hammered young woman with a Patriots Jersey punching a 20ish something hammered young guy with a Bills Jersey right in the face multiple times. Everyone got kicked out, well at least for awhile until he somehow came back to his seat, but eventually he got kicked out again (I know this because we were talking to his friend who stayed behind). Anyway, it really did remind me of the old Foxboro Stadium of the late 80's/early 90's, with security very slow to react etc. We stayed right till the end and then had walk the gauntlet from down near the field while all the Bills fans were celebrating (I read later they played Sweet Caroline, but I couldn't hear it) to get out of the stadium. Only one fan yelled at me outside, something about the Sox choking etc, I don't think he heard my reply "Well at least we won the Cup!", he might have liked that since I think they're actually bigger hockey fans than football.

Oh, and then we sat in traffic for 40 minutes without moving, worst traffic management I've seen since...the last time I was at a Bills game, and this comes from a Pats season ticketholder who know all about bad traffic. But, we'll probably go back next year...

word of advice on traffic next year. Use BigTree Rd. Easy in and out. My car didn't even stop, and I stayed to watch the last play of the game. In other words, I didn't wait in traffic even a single second.

word of advice on traffic next year. Use BigTree Rd. Easy in and out. My car didn't even stop, and I stayed to watch the last play of the game. In other words, I didn't wait in traffic even a single second.

So you were the one blocking traffic! :) We parked in Lot 1, right on Big Tree Road. We like to park there because a lot of Pats fans tailgate there, and it's a short walk to/from the stadium. BUT, they don't seem to let that lot empty out, they just let the traffic on Big Tree Road keep moving.

So you were the one blocking traffic! :) We parked in Lot 1, right on Big Tree Road. We like to park there because a lot of Pats fans tailgate there, and it's a short walk to/from the stadium. BUT, they don't seem to let that lot empty out, they just let the traffic on Big Tree Road keep moving.

Aha. I park in people's yards.

Agree........ I barely had to tap the brakes and was at my house (65 miles away) by 5:25 PM. I left after the second kneel down..... along with most of the Pats fans around me. Heard Sweet Caroline as I was leaving the stadium towards headed to my car.

It generated a great big. :rolleyes:

This hit the nail on the head. The Buffalo crowd is EXTREMELY young and I think it's the combination of a teetering franchise, cheap tix plus the opportunity to booze it up all day. These kids have never experienced winning and don't know how to handle it. Outside the stadium they were selling "F*ck The Patriots" and "Brady's A Lady" T-shirts for $5. All around us we heard the most awful garbage yelled the whole game, including a girl just behind us screaming at the top of her lungs over and over and over "Brady's a homo!" others pleading for Brady to get his knee blown out, etc., etc., etc.

There are stories about that for every franchise. We have plenty Bills fans that come from Foxboro condemning the place in a similar way, but because you personally don't see it you feel so emboldened to just trash an entire fanbase? Are you serious? You ain't about that life.

A fellow Patriot fan of yours just testified to the fact that you're blowing smoke out of every single orifice. If those tame insults are truly the extent of the "degenerate" behavior you experienced at the Ralph, I'm not ashamed at all. I've heard and seen worse at all manner of sporting events. It happens and they're just words. You wouldn't think twice if you overheard a Pats fan throw one of those at our boys.

The alleged beer throwing is reprehensible, however.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does OPP mean? :bricks:

On point post.

Last edited:
There are stories about that for every franchise. We have plenty Bills fans that come from Foxboro condemning the place in a similar way, but because you personally don't see it you feel so emboldened to just trash an entire fanbase? Are you serious? You ain't about that life.

A fellow Patriot fan of yours just testified to the fact that you're blowing smoke out of every single orifice. If those tame insults are truly the extent of the "degenerate" behavior you experienced at the Ralph, I'm not ashamed at all. I've heard and seen worse at all manner of sporting events. It happens and they're just words. You wouldn't think twice if you overheard a Pats fan throw one of those at our boys.

The alleged beer throwing is reprehensible, however.

On point post.

I thin it says everything about the Bills' fans mentality that this guy would go on a forum and say that the quotes relayed are acceptable.

What more proof do you need Patriot in NY?

I thin it says everything about the Bills' fans mentality that this guy would go on a forum and say that the quotes relayed are acceptable.

What more proof do you need Patriot in NY?

He said the same thing. Unless he reneges on his earlier post, he agreed that those "quotes" were rather tame behavior. Only three of them are even really offensive.

If Bills fans just talked trash and nothing else, yes I find that acceptable. That goes for any fan base, yours included. I find the absolute raw ignorance and holier-than-thou attitude required to believe that I--or the fans you claim said those things--speak for the entirety of the Bills fanbase as insulting and denigrating as you believe those quotes which are bellowed in every NFL stadium by fans of every team are.

Last edited:
He said the same thing. Unless he reneges on his earlier post, he agreed that those "quotes" were rather tame behavior. Only three of them are even really offensive.

If Bills fans just talked trash and nothing else, yes I find that acceptable. That goes for any fan base, yours included. I find the absolute raw ignorance and holier-than-thou attitude required to believe that I--or the fans you claim said those things--speak for the entirety of the Bills fanbase as insulting and denigrating as you believe those quotes which are bellowed in every NFL stadium by fans of every team are.

Yeah, I really just had a few trash talkers........ pretty lame ones at that. Same ole, same ole........ Had just about noone bother me once in the stadium and at my seat, but I stub hubed it right at the Patriots side, 40 yd line about 20-25 rows up. It's all middle-aged season ticket holders that are well past that silliness.

It was pretty much the same as every year other before the game, but as we got into the 4th, the crowd started getting crazy. I just left just before the game ended to 1) avoid having to watch the FG, and 2) to get out to my car before the crowds came out.

I'm no fan of Buffalo, but I have to be honest. I didn't see, nor really have I seen too much stuff at the last 4-5 Pats games there. Then again. I'm pretty tolorant. When I walk into someone's else's house in full Patriot gear, I expect to get a little crap, so I don't mind good-natured "Brady Sucks" comments. I'm also a pretty decent sized dude (6', 215) so that may have some part of it to. I've seen worse at other stadiums.

I've also lived in W. NY a good part of my life, so I know these peoples and their ways ;)

Last edited:

How many times do I have to point out that I'm talking about the fans at the stadium? You can be blind to it but I go to plenty of Bills games and I've been to many other stadiums too. I see a ton of stuff that's just pathetic. I saw a bunch of fans, men and women, harassing a 55 year old guy and his wife in the concourses before the game. I saw Bills fans run up to people and stick a middle finger an inch from people's faces while bellowing at them. It was beyond pathetic. This is not uncommon among Bills fans at the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back