PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations To The Bills And Their Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pretty arrogant statement.

Today, the Bills were the better team. The hypothetical "if this didn't happen, or that didn't happen" nonsense is irrelevant. Hope the Pats learn and improve from this one.

I think it also belies a fundamental misunderstanding of the whole David/Goliath dynamic. Since when is being Goliath a good thing? (hint: he loses).

As far as which team is better... who cares? The Bills won, by 3 points, at home. It was a classic divisional matchup, they won the turnover battle, and that was that. If the Bills weren't a divisional opponent, and it wasn't the Pats that they just beat, I'd be fans because the whole team has a cool story going for it (an entire offense assembled largely of late-round/undrafted guys).

Last edited:
Those are rather tame insults, and you are an idiot for taking that sample size of people who ruffled your feathers and trying to fit the entirety of the Bills fanbase under that ignorant umbrella of stupidity. There are fans like that following every team in the league. Not to mention it was a divisional game against a team that beat us fifteen times in a row.

Come on now, bro. You look hella foolish for that tirade.

OPP.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does OPP mean? :bricks:

As a Bills fan, we appreciate all the class coming out of here(the greater majority at least). It had to be one of the most exciting games I've seen in a while.
As for us being overly excited, well, you gotta understand a few things. For one, we weren't just beat by any team for 15 games in a row, it was a divisional rival. Thats 2 games a year we could scratch off our records and that gave us the feeling we were already behind the 8-ball for making the playoffs.
This game was also a measuring stick for us. After our first two wins, the jury was still out. Not to mention the way the game ended, with a field goal with 3 seconds left. A lot of us were having flashbacks of the Giant's Super Bowl where we missed wide right, and we were just hoping to god that it didnt repeat it again. All the culminated into a single moment and people went bonkers.

Anyways, can't way until the rematch. I've got a feeling it's going to be a pretty important game for the playoff race. Good luck next week Pats Fans, and good game!

Happy for them, but they should learn from Denver of 2009. You should not celebrate one win so much. Move on, it is a long season.

Looking at their schedule, I will not be surprised that they go 8-8.

Last edited:
Happy for them, but they should learn from Denver of 2009. You should not celebrate one win so much. Move on, it is a long season.

Looking at their schedule, I will not be surprised that they go 8-8.

Its only monday. Most celebration was done on sunday. Why is it wrong to celebrate a win for a day? We're just the fans. We're not the ones who have to make sure our head is in the game for next sunday. Gailey has a rule that says you can celebrate until 4pm on monday and then its on to the next team.

And fo revery example you have of a team failing after going 3 games in, you have just as many examples of teams succeeding after. No team/situation is alike so I dont see why anyone bothers to compare.

As a Bills fan, we appreciate all the class coming out of here(the greater majority at least). It had to be one of the most exciting games I've seen in a while.
As for us being overly excited, well, you gotta understand a few things. For one, we weren't just beat by any team for 15 games in a row, it was a divisional rival. Thats 2 games a year we could scratch off our records and that gave us the feeling we were already behind the 8-ball for making the playoffs.
This game was also a measuring stick for us. After our first two wins, the jury was still out. Not to mention the way the game ended, with a field goal with 3 seconds left. A lot of us were having flashbacks of the Giant's Super Bowl where we missed wide right, and we were just hoping to god that it didnt repeat it again. All the culminated into a single moment and people went bonkers.

Anyways, can't way until the rematch. I've got a feeling it's going to be a pretty important game for the playoff race. Good luck next week Pats Fans, and good game!

I'm not a mean guy, and I don't actively wish bad things on anyone, but if that last-second FG had missed wide-right, I'm pretty sure that would have been the funniest thing I'd ever seen. Oh well...

I'm not a mean guy, and I don't actively wish bad things on anyone, but if that last-second FG had missed wide-right, I'm pretty sure that would have been the funniest thing I'd ever seen. Oh well...

There would be flooding on the streets of WNY from all the tears:p That would have been the worst possible thing that could have happened:p

Its only monday. Most celebration was done on sunday. Why is it wrong to celebrate a win for a day? We're just the fans. We're not the ones who have to make sure our head is in the game for next sunday. Gailey has a rule that says you can celebrate until 4pm on monday and then its on to the next team.

And fo revery example you have of a team failing after going 3 games in, you have just as many examples of teams succeeding after. No team/situation is alike so I dont see why anyone bothers to compare.

There's a lot of fans here who, for some strange reason, feel like the rules for properly motivating players also apply to fans. You'll hear a lot of fans here talking about how they'll never overlook an opponent, because somehow if they do that will contribute to the team losing, I guess. Same with this whole one-game-at-a-time thing.

Personally, I don't get it. I just can't for the life of me see how me overlooking someone is going to contribute to the Pats losing. Like you said, we're all just fans: if your team wins a hard-fought game against a division rival that's had your number for years, then hell yeah you should celebrate and enjoy it. Why wouldn't you? As long as you're not drunk-dialing Ryan Fitzpatrick while he's trying to prepare for next week's opponent, I'm pretty sure it's all good.

Last edited:
bills did not win the game the pats beat themselves :bricks:

Really? C'mon, you sound like a Chargers fan.

Now you just need to go and take a bunch of screenshots and make a meticulous post claiming that a defender was held on every Bills touchdown, and then you'll sound like a Jets fan too.

Last edited:
Congrats to the Bills for the Pats screwing the pooch! It was a game that the Pats blew. All around. But a win is a win. They won it, they deserve it. No hard feelings. I'd rather lose to the Bills than any other divisional foe. Good luck, but not too much! ;)

Congrats to the Bills for the Pats screwing the pooch! It was a game that the Pats blew. All around. But a win is a win. They won it, they deserve it. No hard feelings. I'd rather lose to the Bills than any other divisional foe. Good luck, but not too much! ;)

Substitute Pats for Bills and (name of any team that the Pats beat from '01-'04) for Pats, and you have every condescending, back-handed congratulatory post ever written up by bitter fans who couldn't accept that the Pats were just a good team.

The Bills choked their way to a 21 deficit yesterday, and then they came back to win. They didn't play an A+ game either: they were just better than we were. Hopefully they won't be next time we play. I dunno why that's so hard for people to admit.

Substitute Pats for Bills and (name of any team that the Pats beat from '01-'04) for Pats, and you have every condescending, back-handed congratulatory post ever written up by bitter fans who couldn't accept that the Pats were just a good team.

The Bills choked their way to a 21 deficit yesterday, and then they came back to win. They didn't play an A+ game either: they were just better than we were. Hopefully they won't be next time we play. I dunno why that's so hard for people to admit.

Cuz I'm a back hander. Would you like one?:D Lighten up

Last edited:
There's a lot of fans here who, for some strange reason, feel like the rules for properly motivating players also apply to fans. You'll hear a lot of fans here talking about how they'll never overlook an opponent, because somehow if they do that will contribute to the team losing, I guess. Same with this whole one-game-at-a-time thing.

Personally, I don't get it. I just can't for the life of me see how me overlooking someone is going to contribute to the Pats losing. Like you said, we're all just fans: if your team wins a hard-fought game against a division rival that's had your number for years, then hell yeah you should celebrate and enjoy it. Why wouldn't you? As long as you're not drunk-dialing Ryan Fitzpatrick while he's trying to prepare for next week's opponent, I'm pretty sure it's all good.

*puts down the phone, the Jim Beam, and sighs sadly

I think if Gronkowski would've caught 1, maybe 2, more touchdowns. We would've beat the Bills.

Things screamed around me by Bills fans today at the stadium:

* "Hit Brady's knee! It's worth the 15 yards!"
* "Injure Brady!"
* "Brady, you ***got!"
* "Brady's a homo!"
* "Brady is gay!"
* "Brady sucks!"
* "Patriots suck!"
* "Patriots defense sucks!"
* "Patriots cornerbacks suck!"
* "Belichick is a cheater!"
* "Get off the field Belichick, you scumbag!"
* "Cheaters!"
* "Boston sucks!"
* "I hate New England!"

Yes, Buffalo played hard and deserved to win. But I will say this: Screw the Bills and their fans. From top to bottom, they don't know how to handle winning with dignity. They're much more adept at losing. They acted like they won the Super Bowl today -- players, fans, even the radio broadcasters hollered and crowed and spat on the Patriots like true bush leaguers.

WTF??? This isn't golf. It's football...... That and worse can and is heard every week in every stadium across the league. I've heard the same stupid sh!t ot Foxboro too. It's what fan's do.

Sorry dude, I have to disagree. I was there, the Bills earned this win. We sure as sh!t did a whole lot to help them out, but this Bills team, unlike any I've seen on the past decade or so actually showed heart.

Points 8 and 9 do seem to have a reasonable point atm Tunescribe.

The Pats cost themselves the game yesterday much like the Chargers cost themselves the game against the Pats the prior week. It's football, it happens.

Last edited:
Those are rather tame insults, and you are an idiot for taking that sample size of people who ruffled your feathers and trying to fit the entirety of the Bills fanbase under that ignorant umbrella of stupidity. There are fans like that following every team in the league. Not to mention it was a divisional game against a team that beat us fifteen times in a row.

Come on now, bro. You look hella foolish for that tirade. OPP.

The reason this lowly brand of behavior is just dandy in your book is because you're a freaking Bills fan. I've been a Patriots season ticket holder for 17 years and have NEVER heard that level of vitriol in Foxboro. Never heard it in Green Bay, or Pittsburgh, or any of about a dozen other stadiums I've visited. (New Jersey comes close, but that's a whole different life form down there.) Face it, a decade of losing has made you both desperate and moronic.

WTF??? This isn't golf. It's football...... That and worse can and is heard every week in every stadium across the league. I've heard the same stupid sh!t ot Foxboro too. It's what fan's do.

Just curious when you heard that "same stupid sh!t at Foxboro." You mean old Foxboro Stadium circa 1991? That, I might believe. But maybe I'm just different thinking it's below classless to stand up and scream "You f*cking ***got!" in mixed company at a quarterback destined for the Hall of Fame. Because it's football and not golf makes that OK? Uh-huh. Got it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back