PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations Corey - 11,000 Yards

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjames

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Apologies if this was posted elsewhere.

Dillon became the 15th person in the history of the league to go over 11,000 rushing yards today. Congratulations Corey and looking forward to 12,000.

He isn't what he used to be, but still a beast.

One of the great power/speed running backs ever IMO.

has anyone ever seen his highlight video for game where he rushed for that record in cinci (must rush yards in a game)...god he was unstoppable... i wish we had him back then...love him now still

has anyone ever seen his highlight video for game where he rushed for that record in cinci (must rush yards in a game)...god he was unstoppable... i wish we had him back then...love him now still

Unbelievable. A lot of people here have no clue what a great running back he is.

That video is the definition of one man wrecking crew.

Of course we got him at the tail end of his career, but he still set our all time season rushing record.

By the way, If anyone has these videos they should save them.

Youtube has already deleted the Dillon record one and should be deleting every copywrited sports video.

Very Nice.Right now.He is Number one in Active Running Backs as far as rushing yardage.With Curtis Martin and Marshall Faulk not playing this year.

Here are the other 14 Running Backs Corey joined yesterday with 11K yards.
Just an amazing group, with all in or destined for Canton.

I think if Corey can stay healthy and play maybe 2 more years as a short yardage back he could get to just between Thurman and Franco Harris at right above 12K yards. Looking at this list I would dare say the only person that had a harder time earning his yards was Barry Sanders.

RK PLAYER AMT
1 Emmitt Smith 18,355
2 Walter Payton 16,726
3 Barry Sanders 15,269
4 CURTIS MARTIN 14,101
5 Jerome Bettis 13,653
6 Eric ****erson 13,259
7 Tony Dorsett 12,739
8 Jim Brown 12,312
9 Marcus Allen 12,243
10 MARSHALL FAULK 12,162
11 Franco Harris 12,120
12 Thurman Thomas 12,074
13 John Riggins 11,352
14 O.J. Simpson 11,236
15 COREY DILLON

I wonder how badly beaten up his body really is.

If he could manage a couple 1,000 yard seasons...He'd have a good shot at the HOF. maybe that's what should motivate him now.

I doubt the pats keep him at his salary next year though. HOpefully he'll keep playing and won't be too insulted at a pay cut.

I wonder how badly beaten up his body really is.

If he could manage a couple 1,000 yard seasons...He'd have a good shot at the HOF. maybe that's what should motivate him now.

I doubt the pats keep him at his salary next year though. HOpefully he'll keep playing and won't be too insulted at a pay cut.

Didn't some clown start a thread saying he should be benched (or something almost as dumb) just last week?

CD is the man!

Hey didn't Corey say that he will play for another team?

The man has certainly fought hard for this recognition. Love having him on our team, even if his 1,000yd days are behind him! Congrats Corey, you're a great running back!

My bad, corey told his agent that he will never play for another team.I think BB has alot of respect for Corey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News