PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats on the win. I was still proud of the way the Jets played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pass to Branch, that was a BS call, I know you'll agree, Branch was switching hands, when contact was made, Branch didn't even have possession of the ball, that call should have never been overturned.

I know I don't agree with you. The overturn was 100% correct.

Besides that, Pats/Jets are always tough division games. Hard-fought by both.

Revis worked extra hard grabbing jerseys.

hmmm..interesting. The way I see it:

It was a game at half time, and everybody here knows it.

Only because Hernandez tips a ball he catches 999 out of a thousand times to end the half.

The opening second-half drive was a killer for the Jets, a mistake by Smith in zone protection, and a hell of an effort by Revis to make a play to try and save the drive.

Welker beat both Revis and Smith.

That pass to Branch, that was a BS call, I know you'll agree, Branch was switching hands, when contact was made, Branch didn't even have possession of the ball, that call should have never been overturned.

He was down by contact. Jet fans make themselves sound like children with all their crying about the refs.

The officiating once again bounced the way of the Pats, it's tiring to see the officials bail the Patriots out, and they did on several drives, while killing the Jets on a couple of their own drives.
pass me a tissue....i'm becoming teary eyed.
The Jets came to play, their running game showed up, and the offense showed some signs after a poor week last week. Mangold returning was huge, and immediately played dividends in the running game, and in pass protection.
yawn...yeah but your line is poor even w him and your qb is average at best.
The defense needed to make a play on that final drive, and they fell short, credit to the Pats.
gee thanks. your defense could not stop the run all day.

"The officiating once again bounced the way of the Pats"

You must not of watched the Pats games vs Miami, San Diego and Buffalo...

You'd be well advised to speak for yourself. Did you read his OP (and the quite appropriate responses) aside from his secondary whine? You also would be well served to know more about the history of this ingrate -- his banning from both his home boards and his recent postmortem on Myra Kraft. Jetsfan1 (Ray Ray) is the antithesis of "magnanimous."

Yeah, if one of us started the same exact thread on Jets Insider if the Pats had lost, Jetsfan1 (RayRay) would be the first to come out swinging calling us far worse than he has gotten in this thread. He plays nice on this board because he knows he'll get the permaban otherwise.

And you are too kind in your description of the vile thing he wrote about Mrs. Kraft. That line on this board would have easily gotten him a permaban on this board (and rightfully so), but on JI it is only a minor infraction.

Yeah, if one of us started the same exact thread on Jets Insider if the Pats had lost, Jetsfan1 (RayRay) would be the first to come out swinging calling us far worse than he has gotten in this thread. He plays nice on this board because he knows he'll get the permaban otherwise.

And you are too kind in your description of the vile thing he wrote about Mrs. Kraft. That line on this board would have easily gotten him a permaban on this board (and rightfully so), but on JI it is only a minor infraction.

Could you please PM me what he wrote?

Last edited:
"The officiating once again bounced the way of the Pats"

You must not of watched the Pats games vs Miami, San Diego and Buffalo...

You gotta understand the Jets fan's mentality (and this isn't just RayRay in this case). They truly believe there is a league-wide conspiracy that the refs are fixing games to help the Pats and they get all the calls. Whenever the Pats lose, the refs called a good game. When they win, it is because the refs gave them the game.

The funny thing is that CBS did a highlight package on Revis and there was blatant holding (one play he had a fist full the receiver's jersey from behind the whole play) and illegal hands to the face highlighted, but not called by the refs. Revis is one of the elite guys in the league who get the NBA star treatment from the refs and never get anything called against them and yet the Jets think the refs are against them and in the bag for the Pats.

Last edited:

Standards are much lower there, as they are for the New Jersey Green Beans all the way from ownership to the fan base.

You'd be well advised to speak for yourself. Did you read his OP (and the quite appropriate responses) aside from his secondary whine? You also would be well served to know more about the history of this ingrate -- his banning from both his home boards and his recent postmortem on Myra Kraft. Jetsfan1 (Ray Ray) is the antithesis of "magnanimous."

From your tone, I take it that you don't care much for Jetsfan1 or RayRay or whatever he goes by on the various message boards.

In answer to your question, TuneScribe, I read every word of his opening post and it was thoughtful, properly punctuated and rational for a Jets fan after getting beat by two scores on the road. I did not agree in some cases, but the opening post was fine.

No, I do not know the history of that guy, nor anyone on this message board for that matter, so get off your high horse. If you want to talk about football, do so, but knock off the holier than thou Dalai Lama crap.

Last edited:
From your tone, I take it that you don't care much for Jetsfan1 or RayRay or whatever he goes by on the various message boards.

In answer to your question, TuneScribe, I read every word of his opening post and it was thoughtful, properly punctuated and rational for a Jets fan after getting beat by two scores on the road. I did not agree in some cases, but the opening post was fine.

No, I do not know the history of that guy, nor anyone on this message board for that matter, so get off your high horse. If you want to talk about football, do so, but knock off the holier than thou Dalai Lama crap.

Go read what he wrote in the thread I posted and you will see that he doesn't deserve any defense or apology for how he is treated. He is a homer internet tough guy who clearly doesn't know when he takes a joke far too far and lacks basic human decency.

BTW, some Patriots "what if" issues:

What if the Patriots had Woodhead for outlet passes and wide runs?

What if Hernandez didn't mess up the TD?

What if the officials had called a clip on McKnight's return, or even it's just Ghost making the tackle?

What if the blitzer had continued on to Sanchez instead of the fallen back on the play where Sanchez tossed that TD?

What if BOB hadn't been calling so many wide runs with a running back who's not really suited for them?

There are more, but the point is that both teams can play the "what if" game. The difference is that the Patriots "What if" would have led to an absolute pasting of the Jets.

Take your own advice and get off of your own horse. Go read the post Tunescribe is referring to and tell me if you still fee the same. The guy is a D-Bag and should be called out for it.

If you going to congratulate people, try making it sincere. This is just a thinly veiled attempt to claim our victory undeserved. Pathetic. You are a very small person.

I was just thinking that about YOU. Take your own advice.

Before laying into me you ought to step back and reconsider your holier-than-though role as self-appointed board apologist to habitually disrespectful trolls. The fact you haven't been paying attention is obvious enough by your own admission, but it's beyond mystifying that you consider his OP "thoughtful" and "rational."

Take your own advice and get off of your own horse. Go read the post Tunescribe is referring to and tell me if you still fee the same. The guy is a D-Bag and should be called out for it.

I just read a few JetFan1 posts and he's a Jets fan who loves bomb-throwing on this board to see how riled up he can get people. His knowledge of football is limited and won't let statistics get in the way of his view of a game or a season. He's one of those guys who only watches the players on his team when the ball is snapped. He's never learned how to watch the trenches to see the real flow of the game. He's a provocateur who gets personal too quickly. He's better off ignored than encouraged. I'll remember that next time.

I did not see any really offensive posts. I must have missed them or the moderators took them down. Whenever I see an offensive post, I report it. The vulgar, racist, sexist stuff that you see on JI comes down pretty fast here which is why this is a great board.

Send me by pm a link to what you think I need to see.

Oh, and if you're reading this, JetFan1, get lost.

Last edited:
All the pre-game noise about descension in locker room, their offensive struggles, etc etc...

The way I see it...

Jets said they were going to run the ball, and they did, and that was critical in trying to control TOP and keep Brady and the offense off the field.

If you are satisfied with 3.9 yards a carry and the other team out-ground-n-pounding your team into submission, then yes, you should be proud.

The numbers might not dictate it, but Jets played pretty well on D, and keeping Patriots in check, and keeping the game within reach for most of the game.

The Patriots put up 30 points (should have been more) and almost 500 yards of offense...

It was a game at half time, and everybody here knows it. The opening second-half drive was a killer for the Jets, a mistake by Smith in zone protection, and a hell of an effort by Revis to make a play to try and save the drive.

Would not have been a "game at halftime" had Hernandez hold onto that ball in the endzone"

Er, no. Real time confirmed Branch was contacted while on bended knee BEFORE switching hands. The eyes don't like.

The officiating once again bounced the way of the Pats, it's tiring to see the officials bail the Patriots out, and they did on several drives, while killing the Jets on a couple of their own drives.

The officials allow Revis to hold on every play, and of course, there was that illegal wedge block on the McKnight return... but of course, you wouldn't cherry pick...

Pats made some critical in game adjustments against Jets defensive packages that were designed to play the pass, additional DB's on the field, and less up front on the LOS, Pats made the adjustment and ran the ball. As I said earlier, the Pats set up the run off of their passing game, the Jets had to respect the passing game, credit to the Pats for running it and executing. Some would say they gashed the Jets run D, no, not true, because Jets didn't have their run D in many of those situations, they had their pass defensive packages on the field.

They gashed the Jets and deep down you know it, especially on the last drive when the Jets KNEW that Patriots were going to try to run out the clock.

The Jets came to play, their running game showed up, and the offense showed some signs after a poor week last week. Mangold returning was huge, and immediately played dividends in the running game, and in pass protection.

Again, the Jets running game was ineffective, as was their offense (especially on 3rd down). Their defense was manhandled all game long by the Patriots passing game and running game. The evidence was before your eyes if you bothered to watch the game.

The defense needed to make a play on that final drive, and they fell short, credit to the Pats.

Jets defense is incapable of making any plays right now.

It was a battle, round 1 goes to the Pats.

It's a long season, it's about who is playing the best at the end of the season.

Nice try, Jets fan... but your reasoning is spurious at best.

I just read a few JetFan1 posts and he's a Jets fan who loves bomb-throwing on this board to see how riled up he can get people. His knowledge of football is limited and won't let statistics get in the way of his view of a game or a season. He's one of those guys who only watches the players on his team when the ball is snapped. He's never learned how to watch the trenches to see the real flow of the game. He's a provocateur who gets personal too quickly. He's better off ignored than encouraged. I'll remember that next time.

I did not see any really offensive posts. I must have missed them or the moderators took them down. Whenever I see an offensive post, I report it. The vulgar, racist, sexist stuff that you see on JI comes down pretty fast here which is why this is a great board.

Send me by pm a link to what you think I need to see.

Oh, and if you're reading this, JetFan1, get lost.

Use the link that Rob0729 posted and scroll down to RayRAy. He already edited and deleted what he had written, but 2 posts down someone responded to his original post and it can be seen there. He is the stereotypical D-Bag for any fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back