PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats on the win. I was still proud of the way the Jets played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a pic of the master race on D-Day...doing the Jet wave to Allied troops

Yeah, imagine how much more amazing he would be if he actually did that.

I only heard the first half, but watched the second half. It looked to me like several times Brady looked Welker's way and he and Revis were almost synchronized the way they moved. You can't completely stop Welker--he's too good, but I was very impressed with Revis. I thought overall the Jets did a pretty good job against our passing attack, but that opened up opportunities for BJGE.

Last edited:
Crying about the refs will earn you no respect in this forum. That's just an excuse. The Pats were the better team on the field today and put up more points. You're trying to tell us the refs handed the Pats the game? Puhleez. Typical loser talk.

The officiating once again bounced the way of the Pats, it's tiring to see the officials bail the Patriots out, and they did on several drives, while killing the Jets on a couple of their own drives.

Well if the Jets gameplan was to let BJGE run the ball down their throats then it was a terrible gameplan. New England planned to run the ball this game, there were no 'adjustments' involved. If the Jets couldn't recognize that simple fact, then their coaches either were asleep at the switch or were just incapable of adapting to a basic and obvious strategy. Now does a defense really need to be alerted by the coaching staff that they are being run on all day or are the pancakes and dirt in the face enough of a clue?

BTW who calls pass defense packages when you KNOW that the opponent is trying to run out the clock? LOL. I'm sorry, I don't buy it. the Jets defense FAILED to stop the Patriots offense when it mattered, either through the air (300+) or the ground (130+), thats the bottom line.

Pats made some critical in game adjustments against Jets defensive packages that were designed to play the pass, additional DB's on the field, and less up front on the LOS, Pats made the adjustment and ran the ball. As I said earlier, the Pats set up the run off of their passing game, the Jets had to respect the passing game, credit to the Pats for running it and executing. Some would say they gashed the Jets run D, no, not true, because Jets didn't have their run D in many of those situations, they had their pass defensive packages on the field.

Thanks for coming by and giving us some laughs. I'm sure the ganggreen game thread is even more hilarious than your easily exposed rationalizations. The Jets played tough but they definitely did not make enough plays to come even close to deserving to win this game. As your coach, Rex Ryan said, the Pats are obviously the better team right now.

cracks me ...up ....basically blames everyone else but his own team ....

he should say congrats for the refs for giving you the game....and for luckily countering our defensive moves ...and by playing the right defense ...on a flip of the coin....great game .... :p

this is how jets fans ..congratulate a team beating them .....imagine if they win....

All the pre-game noise about descension in locker room, their offensive struggles, etc etc...

The way I see it...

Jets said they were going to run the ball, and they did, and that was critical in trying to control TOP and keep Brady and the offense off the field.

The numbers might not dictate it, but Jets played pretty well on D, and keeping Patriots in check, and keeping the game within reach for most of the game.

It was a game at half time, and everybody here knows it. The opening second-half drive was a killer for the Jets, a mistake by Smith in zone protection, and a hell of an effort by Revis to make a play to try and save the drive.

That pass to Branch, that was a BS call, I know you'll agree, Branch was switching hands, when contact was made, Branch didn't even have possession of the ball, that call should have never been overturned.

The officiating once again bounced the way of the Pats, it's tiring to see the officials bail the Patriots out, and they did on several drives, while killing the Jets on a couple of their own drives.

Pats made some critical in game adjustments against Jets defensive packages that were designed to play the pass, additional DB's on the field, and less up front on the LOS, Pats made the adjustment and ran the ball. As I said earlier, the Pats set up the run off of their passing game, the Jets had to respect the passing game, credit to the Pats for running it and executing. Some would say they gashed the Jets run D, no, not true, because Jets didn't have their run D in many of those situations, they had their pass defensive packages on the field.

The Jets came to play, their running game showed up, and the offense showed some signs after a poor week last week. Mangold returning was huge, and immediately played dividends in the running game, and in pass protection.

The defense needed to make a play on that final drive, and they fell short, credit to the Pats.

It was a battle, round 1 goes to the Pats.

It's a long season, it's about who is playing the best at the end of the season.

Cry me a f***ing river.

Refs made calls that only bounced Pats ways? Huh? Really? What about the lack of PI call when Cromartie and Revis held Welker in the right of the endzone and ending up causing the Pats to settle for a FG? You failed to mention that because it lessens your argument, correct?

Go away.

Revis is amazing.

He instincts reminded me of Ty Law's.

Almost shutting down Welker is no easy task.

Brave Sir Robin, who NEARLY stood up to The Vicious Chicken of Bristol!!

sirrobin1.jpg

All the pre-game noise about descension in locker room, their offensive struggles, etc etc...

The way I see it...

Jets said they were going to run the ball, and they did, and that was critical in trying to control TOP and keep Brady and the offense off the field.

The numbers might not dictate it, but Jets played pretty well on D, and keeping Patriots in check, and keeping the game within reach for most of the game.

It was a game at half time, and everybody here knows it. The opening second-half drive was a killer for the Jets, a mistake by Smith in zone protection, and a hell of an effort by Revis to make a play to try and save the drive.

That pass to Branch, that was a BS call, I know you'll agree, Branch was switching hands, when contact was made, Branch didn't even have possession of the ball, that call should have never been overturned.

The Jets came to play, their running game showed up, and the offense showed some signs after a poor week last week. Mangold returning was huge, and immediately played dividends in the running game, and in pass protection.

The defense needed to make a play on that final drive, and they fell short, credit to the Pats.

It's a long season, it's about who is playing the best at the end of the season.

1.) stop blaming the refs for your loss
2.) you wouldn't have been in touch at half time if hernandez catches a pass hitting him right in the middle of his hands.
3.) You could say your D got gashed because run or pass you went for almost 500Yds combined.
4.) how can you say your run game was on track it went for exactly 4.0 YPC military medium especially when you are trying to make it a focus of your offense.
5.) and most importantly, it's who's playing best at the end of the season... if you make it into the playoffs and unless you start winning some games that won't be you. So unfortunately no silver lining there.

what is this the musical chairs thread? its been moved three times.:rolleyes:

what is this the musical chairs thread? its been moved three times.:rolleyes:

I'm going to have to ask you to surrender your moniker and hand it over to JetFan1, Captain...for the sake of order in the cosmos.....

Revis is amazing. He instincts reminded me of Ty Law's. Almost shutting down Welker is no easy task.

Both are from the same hometown. Both work out together during the off season. Must be the water in PA.

Pathetic

I commented on the one call and some others I thought the Pats got the benefit of

I also gave the Pats credit with their in game adjustments on offense against a Jets D, with personnel packages that were looking to stop the pass

Not sure why you wouldn't think the congrats was real, just doing my part to show up after the game.

If you need to move it off the main board, not exactly sure what you're trying to achieve, but it's pretty shallow.

Come on, really? Congratulations, the Jets did everything they wanted and the officials were helping the Pats. Read your own post again and tell me how that says otherwise and what compliments you actually included in the OP, other than compliments to the Jets and their ability to battle the officiating helping the Pats to win the game.

The Jets made a game of it with the first half interception, and that was a lucky bounce off Hernandez's hands, not a defender stealing the ball. The Jets had 255 yards of total offense and less than 100 yards on the ground with plenty of 3 and outs. That is not a power offense by any stretch of the imagination.

The Jets got the ball into the endzone enough to keep the game from getting ridiculous, but gave up 450 yards of offense and could not stop the run at all. The officiating was not running the ball over your defense at will, and in that last drive it looked like the ball boy could have run for 5 yards a clip against your run defense. Sanchez played fairly well, and did not kill your offense with mistakes. Your passing defense was tough as always, but still gave up a lot of yards (but not a lot of scores) but alos sacked Brady a bunch, which is a positive as he rarely gets sacked at all. You can take some good from the Jets' loss as a Jets fan, but this is not a "we got robbed" game in terms of the officiating. The only thing curious about the Branch call is that it was called a fumble in the first place.

Man, I want that series sweep in New York next month so bad I can taste it.

Not to mention, depending on how badly the Jets implode these next few weeks, it just might be the nail in their playoffs coffin.

Man, I want that series sweep in New York next month so bad I can taste it.

Not to mention, depending on how badly the Jets implode these next few weeks, it just might be the nail in their playoffs coffin.

Exactly... that could make their 5th+ loss... very hard to come back form there mid season.

Pathetic

I commented on the one call and some others I thought the Pats got the benefit of

I also gave the Pats credit with their in game adjustments on offense against a Jets D, with personnel packages that were looking to stop the pass

Not sure why you wouldn't think the congrats was real, just doing my part to show up after the game.

If you need to move it off the main board, not exactly sure what you're trying to achieve, but it's pretty shallow.

Hey, don't get discouraged by the reactions of the homers on this board. (I'll tell you what you can get discouraged about in a moment). They mean well if you just say everything the Patriots did was perfect.

Thank you for the congratulations. It was a tough game, a great win for the Patriots and both teams played their asses off. The two defensive lines were exhausted late in the 4th quarter and lots of respect from both sides during the post-game interviews and comments.

The fumble call could have gone either way - good thread unfolding on that one here as well. I bet we see lots of replays and talking heads on that one all week. They got it right on appeal is my belief.

Please do descend into a vortex of doom over the play of your quarterback and defensive line.

Sanchez has the tools but is very inconsistent in reading coverages and making throws. The Pats defense had their best game against him. The Jets have three or four top-flight receivers and did not use them well at all against this Patriot pass defense. The Jets line gave him time but he repeatedly tried to jam the ball into tight coverage and he cannot move in the pocket to evade pressure the way he needs to do. He's the 4th best QB in the division right now - light years behind Fitzpatrick and Henne.

The Jets defensive line got pushed all over the place all day unless they had the right combination in there. The Patriots offensive line is very good, but they haven't had a rushing blocking day like this in years. It was so predictable in the 2nd half. If the Jets had run stoppers, Brady threw, if they had pass rushers, BJGE ran. Except in long yardage when the Jets could get coverage sacks (except that horrendous Welch screw-up), the Patriots read the personnel and took what the Jets gave them.

The Jets will struggle to get a win against the Bills this season with Fred Jackson and Ryan Fitzpatrick able to do pretty much the same thing.

McKnight saved their bacon with ST play giving them a 20 yd field......It would be nice to see ST play like that on the Pats......

Hernandez' muff plus McKnight's nice runback ...

2 plays = potential Pats 37 Jets 14 BLOWOUT !

The way I see it...

Yes, the Pats got all the calls. That is why Belichick had to use both his challenges which he easily won because they were clearly the wrong calls. The Jets got plenty of calls they shouldn't have. That Branch "fumble" should have never been called because the second Pace touched him the play was dead. And no, he didn't change hands until after Pace touched him. The second Pace touches him with his knees down. Also, it was clear Plax was out of bounds with two refs right there looking at him.

Also, the Jets defense played good at times, but overall it was mediocre especially on that last drive. Don't confuse the Pats deciding to beat the Jets at their own game of Ground and Pound as slowing down the Pats offense. If Hernandez doesn't drop that easy TD pass which gave a gift to Cromartie after getting burnt with an INT right in his lap (Cromartie should have been burnt for two TDs yesterday), the Pats would have put up 37 points.

Here is a little listening music for your spin:

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) - YouTube

Last edited:
If it was not for a Romo fail the Jets would be 1-4. The team is just not very good right now.

At least they did beat Cade McKnown!

Now THAT'S something for Jetfan1 to be proud of. :D :D :D

We played frustrating football yesterday. Too many off passes, as expected he forced a lot to a hurt Hernandez and was better off just doing so to Welker. Too many field goals, turnovers, bad red zone offense in general. Made NYJ's D look too good. On paper it probably says 500 yards and 30 points but watching the game it could have been 42+.

The defense was poor, couldn't hit Sanchez as usual. All that matters is the win though, we can sit through the media slobbing over the Packers for now.

Last edited:
We played frustrating football yesterday. Too many off passes, as expected he forced a lot to a hurt Hernandez and was better off just doing so to Welker. Too many field goals, turnovers, bad red zone offense in general. Made NYJ's D look too good. On paper it probably says 500 yards and 30 points but watching the game it could have been 42+.

The defense was poor, couldn't hit Sanchez as usual. All that matters is the win though, we can sit through the media slobbing over the Packers for now.

Yeah that's a summary. Good to see you watch closely and let us know.

:confused:

Hey, don't get discouraged by the reactions of the homers on this board. They mean well if you just say everything the Patriots did was perfect.

You'd be well advised to speak for yourself. Did you read his OP (and the quite appropriate responses) aside from his secondary whine? You also would be well served to know more about the history of this ingrate -- his banning from both his home boards and his recent postmortem on Myra Kraft. Jetsfan1 (Ray Ray) is the antithesis of "magnanimous."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots