PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats Negative Nancy's!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, Belichicks track record as a GM is okay.

GM is not just drafting. There are many aspects to the role here. They include:

-Draft
-FA
-Trades
-Pick swapping
-Cap Mgt

No one is perfect but if you factor in all those areas and make an overall assessment of the body of work, BB is one of the greatest NFL Executives who ever lived.

Reactions: SVN
We are also talking about current performance, by the way.
How you are playing absolutely does PREDICT how you will play in your next game(s) with a level of accuracy.
Oh Really?

You might be familiar with these two teams. One lost two of their last three. the other lost 5 of their last 8. It was the same team. They won Super Bowls both years.

The years were 2007 and 2011.

This team beat the same team twice and that team had a 16-0 streak in 2007 and ended the season 8-0 in 2011.

I guess I don't have to say who those two teams and two seasons were. Enough of this nonsense, I didn't even have to research.

Obviously it would be preferable to be healthy and playing well. Unfortunately, you can't wish health on the team, you can try to prevent more injuries, though, knowing the playoffs are ahead.

GM is not just drafting. There are many aspects to the role here. They include:

-Draft
-FA
-Trades
-Pick swapping
-Cap Mgt

No one is perfect but if you factor in all those areas and make an overall assessment of the body of work, BB is one of the greatest NFL Executives who ever lived.
And BB and PAts manage the roster throughout the season week to week and are one of the best at it.

And BB and PAts manage the roster throughout the season week to week and are one of the best at it.

Yep. Its down to a science. Pulling players off the couch and contributing the following week.

We'll never see anything like it again. Ever.

You get 2 weeks to ***** and moan about how this team is one and done and IF they win the divisional, then they are certainly done in Denver. Why bother to follow this team if all you do is complain. Guess what, they are still, worse case scenario, the 2nd seed, pretty damn impressive...many of you don't realize how good you have it...
You think they've been well lately? Or do you just choose to ignore it?

I just watched last years Superbowl, man what a game, what a game...

A couple things:

1) We are gonna miss Vareen, he played amazing.
2) I noticed when BB accepted the trophy that his ear lobes are growing into his head. I never noticed that before. What up with that?

Playoff football...?....Can't wait!

0 negativity here...all anticipation and positivity!

I most certainly never called Belichick incompetent.

No, you just called the team he assembled a "steaming pile of crap."

And they went on to win the Lombardi.

Your just a realist.

I just watched last years Superbowl, man what a game, what a game...

A couple things:

1) We are gonna miss Vareen, he played amazing.
2) I noticed when BB accepted the trophy that his ear lobes are growing into his head. I never noticed that before. What up with that?

I think any combination of about 6/8 of the following would do it:

1) Edelman coming back wearing a Superman cape, producing like last postseason.

2) James White being able to catch 8+ passes out of the backfield in at least one of the games. They were able to use Vereen in this role last postseason and it paid off big, as you said. There's no reason why we can't hit White out of the backfield in an attempt to take advantage of mismatches. Since it's almost a given that we'll draw either Cincy/KC in the divisional round, this aspect is imperative, particularly against those types of front 7's that produce a lot of pressure and are constantly rushing the QB downhill. There's a good chance that the running game will be taken away in this situation, so White will need to step up for sure.

3) Sufficient contributions from other receiving options like we saw last postseason. Guys like LaFell, Amendola, Martin, and Gronk will need to produce. We need big plays, 3rd down conversions, and touchdowns. Julian Edelman is not going to solve all of the issues of the WR corps on his own.

4) Having some semblance of a running game. We cannot be forced to have a one dimensional offense, even if the gameplan is calling for pass heavy sets. Lightning is not going to strike twice in two years in terms of being able to get by without running the football. I don't care about any charts showing attempts of 50+ passes. We're going to need to be able to run the football in at least 1.5 of the 3 games minimum, which is about as much as last postseason.

5) Improved OL protection for Brady. Without this we are toast, and that's not meant to be negative. It's a fact. Last week's game is being framed to blame our injuries, etc--but the film replay clearly shows an offensive line that was completely dominated. They sucked protecting Brady, and they sucked trying to run the ball. Too many missed assignments and poor communication, particularly against a team that was previously 0-5 in the division.

6) Improvement in our secondary play. While this has generally been a plus for the season as a whole, we also saw 4/8 last games where our defense gave up 420-440 yards to end the season. We managed to win ONE of those games, and it was a come from behind win over the Giants where Gostkowski had to make a 54 yd FG to steal a one point victory in NY. This team is going to go as far as the defense takes it, and the CB3 position has been putrid of late, as has the play of L.Ryan without McCourty helping him. Without improvement in the CB2 and CB3 areas, we may have difficulty stopping the opposition.

7) Keeping with the defense, we need to cause turnovers. This year's team has failed miserably at that, finishing #22 in the league, overall. Over the 2nd half of the season we managed to have ONE game where they caused more than a single turnover, and ended up with a +/- turnover ratio of ZERO, as the offense gave it up 9 times and the defense produced 9 turnovers in the final eight games. I don't believe it to be coincidental that the record in these last 8 games was 4-4, and that we gave up a ton of yards in 4/8 games. Had it not been for the last second 54 yd FG by Gost, we'd have finished 3-5.

8) Luck/Health/Momentum--always difference makers in the playoffs. We'll likely need to draw at least one good matchup, come out with a "statement" type of game in the divisional round in order to get things back on track, and take advantage of the 2 weeks prior to the SB in order to rest and gameplan.

I have to apologize to everyone, these lists have been my fault. My mom got me a thrower throwback gronk jersey for festivus and I've worn that the last two weeks instead of my deion branch white one. I apologize to everyone for these losses

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I have to apologize to everyone, these lists have been my fault. My mom got me a thrower throwback gronk jersey for festivus and I've worn that the last two weeks instead of my deion branch white one. I apologize to everyone for these losses

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

No excuses, meat. Bust out the old Branch immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents