PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Confessions of a Troll

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSummerallofthe80s

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Brownsfan80 started a thread asking trolls feedback:

He wrote....Patsummerall80 spent the better part of two weeks trying to convince everyone he was a patsfan only to admit now he's a Steelers fan. What's the point? Don't you have better things to do with your time?

His post is worthwhile. Since the concensus here is that I am a troll, I will share my thoughts with you guys. You must consider that when people post, much gets communicated innacurately or often taken out of context on these Boards.

Let's take Brownsfan80 for example. he said I "spent the better part of two weeks trying to convince everyone he is a pastsfan only to admit now he is a Steelers fan. The true fact is and it's time stamped for all to see, two weeks is quite a stretch. It was exactly two nights last week and one night last night. So the exaggeration needs to be corrected. To you that may not matter as the point is I pretended to be a PATS fan. Once again I will apologize for trying to just have fun. Most trolls are extremely mean spirited and resort to blatant name calling as their M.O. is to insult the Board. I figured it was a dead giveaway because I asked PATS fans after a lengthy winning streak why they were giving up? Obviously it's a joke. My claims to be a PATS fan just extended the joke.

I never once said the PATS suck, stink or insulted them as a team. Most trolls operate that way. In fact I think I wrote about the upcoming game against the Jets and commented that the Jets can be "great." How ridiculous is that? Another clue to this is a joke.

As far as better things to do with my time......absolutely I do. Again, it was only three different days here and there. I am on vacation until the end of the year so nothing abnormal about that.

Somebody else posted why do Steelers, Indy, Denver and Jets fans come on this Board to troll? C'mon, you don't think PATS fans have and do troll? Of course you do (no one here specifically, but your fans are out there as well). Go to one of the PIT Boards and you will find Bradymagic acting like a true A hole. My posts were tame in comparison. Ever see a KC Board and all the jerk Denver fans that troll there? Again, every board has them (well maybe not Detroit), there is nothing to troll about. Besides their fans are trolling their GM and owner (and not behind a keyboard either).

So now that I had my five minutes of fame on this Board, again I apologize to those I offended. To those who got it, I appreciate the kind posts or private messages. You guys have a great thing going here in New England with your team and the passion shows. I too take pride with my Steelers as they are one of the better teams in the NFL and rich on tradition.

I hope the New Year brings you all peace, health, and happiness.

PS...I promise this will be the last thread that I start since it is your Board.

Well, it would have been a "joke", if you were actually funny. Personally? I found you boring, but maybe those long ago years when I was in the Empire of Meow have made my "Troll" standards too high for today's young 'uns to meet. Sorry.

Congratulations Summerall!!!!! I'm certain your most recent sociological experiment will finally land you that Nobel Prize you have longed for. Huzzah!

You were a dead giveaway to me if you will recall. I think you are missing the point here though..I don't think any of us have a problem with trolls who come on, talk smack, and don't try to play silly games. It's when people try to pretend that irritates us. And for the record I have never posted on another teams messageboard. Not my style really.

crybaby.jpg

poor iddle widdle sobby boy

Last edited:
PATSummerallofthe80s

Good luck to your team -

Except of course against the Patriots.

Of course, I have my doubts that those Patriot trolls who run around Colt and Steeler boards are really Patriots Fans.

Pardon for my exaggeration, but you can see my point by your post count, no?

Na_polian said:
Well, it would have been a "joke", if you were actually funny. Personally? I found you boring, but maybe those long ago years when I was in the Empire of Meow have made my "Troll" standards too high for today's young 'uns to meet. Sorry.

I know no one will believe me, but I knew he was a troll a week ago. It's just no one cares about my views on trolls since we seem to encourage them here so I zipped my lip

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News