PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Combine Talk: Defensive Backs

Status
Not open for further replies.
:yeahthat:

In that group there was one safety, one corner, hands down. Butler's incredibly quick with his feet, very curious to see his shuttle/cone times.

It's amazing how every drill those 2 stand out for their respective positions.

Glad to see my man DB doing well. He returned kicks at one point in his career too.

When are we going to see group 11? This is killing me.

Glad to see my man DB doing well. He returned kicks at one point in his career too.

Not to mention playing receiver. I love this guy, I'm totally sold on him. If the Pats draft a corner, I want it to be Darius Butler.

Looking at all these OLs, DBs and LBs, I'm starting to think I'd rather have 2 second rounders than a mid to low first rounder for the Cassel trade.

Imagine Delmas, Butler, Unger or Mack, Matthews or English, and then throw in a good TE/WR of your choice. 5 guys in the first 2 rounds? Hmmmmm

Looking at all these OLs, DBs and LBs, I'm starting to think I'd rather have 2 second rounders than a mid to low first rounder for the Cassel trade.

Imagine Delmas, Butler, Unger or Mack, Matthews or English, and then throw in a good TE/WR of your choice. 5 guys in the first 2 rounds? Hmmmmm

This is definitely the draft to have multiple picks in. The depth is fantastic. If the team could end up with Delmas and Butler, an offensive lineman (Beatty?) and a rush linebacker all coming out of the first two rounds, I would be absolutely ecstatic. It'd be difficult to imagine that happening though. A lot of the guys I liked have moved up into being solid first or high second round prospects.

Not to mention playing receiver. I love this guy, I'm totally sold on him. If the Pats draft a corner, I want it to be Darius Butler.

Not even going to wait to see group 11 first? :nono:

;)

I'd also rather trade #23 for two picks in the #35-#48 range....Sintim and Chung work for me. If you'd prefer Barwin and Delmas, that's OK too.

Not even going to wait to see group 11 first? :nono:

;)

I've been high on Butler for a while, and there's no one in group 11 that interests me as much. If someone blows me away there, I may reconsider, but I'm really, really sold on Butler. He's NFL ready.

Update: 4 for 4 in the catching drill. Easily the best hands in this group. Just effortless. And he has the college production in terms of interceptions (and catches) to back it up.

Last edited:
I'd also rather trade #23 for two picks in the #35-#48 range....Sintim and Chung work for me. If you'd prefer Barwin and Delmas, that's OK too.

I prefer Barwin and Delmas. :D

Right now (not including group 11 players whom I haven't seen) my favorites out of the combine:

- William Beatty OT
- Connor Barwin LB
- Louis Delmas S
- Darius Butler CB
- Jarron Gilbert DE

Not a bad group. I'm not including Aaron Curry, BJ Raji, Jason Smith and Everett Brown, who have lived up to their billing but will all go top 15 at least.

I want to see DJ Moore and Alphonso Smith run some drills as well.

I'm still kind of in disbelief at the depth of this draft. Honestly, Delmas, Barwin and Butler in that order could be the picks. That's some major tallent in the pipeline from one draft.

Still giggling at the fluidity of Delmas.

That, and I'm starting to think David Bruton would be a great guy to grab in the 5th or 6th to be a gunner on special teams.

Last edited:
Sanford running a 4.48

I prefer Barwin and Delmas. :D

Right now (not including group 11 players whom I haven't seen) my favorites out of the combine:

- William Beatty OT
- Connor Barwin LB
- Louis Delmas S
- Darius Butler CB
- Jarron Gilbert DE

Not a bad group. I'm not including Aaron Curry, BJ Raji, Jason Smith and Everett Brown, who have lived up to their billing but will all go top 15 at least.

I have the exactly same list thus far. I'm not quite as high on Gilbert as the rest. I'd also add Brace, Maybin and my guy Jasper Brinkley. If with the first 5 picks the Pats had, they added that list of 5 guys... I'd be doing backflips.

According to FootballsFuture website, Alphonso Smith ran a 4.50 40 and broad jumped 10'9". DJ Moore ran 4.54, Sean Smith a 4.47, and William Moore a 4.53.

NFL.com coverage is killing me.

Who was the dude that put up a 46" vert?!

Who was the dude that put up a 46" vert?!

Don't know. Highest I've heard is 45" from CB Donald Washington of Ohio State (with a 10'10" broad jump to go with it).

DJ Moore - 4.54; not very fast (comparable to Malcolm Jenkins)
William Moore - 4.53; very nice, combined with his 37" vertical

Delmas and Butler still looking good so far. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes