PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Combine Talk: Defensive Backs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butler reminds me of Wheatley

Beautiful, effortless strides there by Butler, and a great athletic catch to finish it off. He's going to be my top corner in this draft.

He's another I think is very underrated. I may be in danger of setting a record for most consecutive posts on a thread. Damn the lack of television in my cube!
Live

Delmas looks awfully good.

Delmas was nice on that drill too. He's locking in his #1 S ranking.

Prime didn't like Cary Harris in this drill.

Prime gives Bruce Johnson props.

Thanks, but I have a filter that prevents just such things. I'll rely on the threads and maybe I'll catch it later tonight.
Time for a new job.

Not much that interested me in that group of backs, except Butler and Delmas. They both looked head and shoulders better than the rest of that group.

Man, Butler has wide receiver hands in these drills. Another terrific catch.

And Delmas with another nice catch as well. There's a really clear line here between the top guys and the rest in this group, to me.

Last edited:
Thanks, but I have a filter that prevents just such things. I'll rely on the threads and maybe I'll catch it later tonight.

same here. thank God for dvr.

Beautiful, effortless strides there by Butler, and a great athletic catch to finish it off. He's going to be my top corner in this draft.

He played some wide receiver, never saw him miss a catch. He has great hands. This kid will not be dropping interceptions. That being said, he was beat downfield a few times, but hey that used to happen to Ty Law too.

Bruce Johnson with nice ball skills. I'm not surprised Prime Time likes someone from the U, but he does look good.

I really, really like Delmas and Butler out of this group. Any idea where Butler is projected? I wouldn't be opposed to the pats using their second second rounder on him.

Man, Delmas just looks like he can flat out ball. Great hips, stays low and fluid, choppy feet, good ball skills. Grab him at 23 and you have the dreadliest safety tandem in the league.

Last edited:
I really, really like Delmas and Butler out of this group. Any idea where Butler is projected? I wouldn't be opposed to the pats using their second second rounder on him.

Man, Delman just looks like he can flat out ball. Great hips, stays low and fluid, choppy feet, good ball skills. Grab him at 23 and you have the dreadliest safety tandem in the league.

Totally agree with you.

I've seen all I want to from the 1st group of DBs. Now I want to see how DJ Moore, Will Moore, Alphonso Smith and Sean Smith look.

Man, Delman just looks like he can flat out ball. Great hips, stays low and fluid, choppy feet, good ball skills. Grab him at 23 and you have the dreadliest safety tandem in the league.

Butler was a mid to high second round projection at a lot of sites. He could sneak into the first I think, if there's a run on corners. I'd be ecstatic to get him in the second.

Man, Deion is just killing guys left and right here, it's hilarious. Butler looked very good going up and getting the ball there at its high point.

I have to say, I'm going to be really sad when the combine is over. It's like Christmas in February.

Man, Delmas just looks like he can flat out ball. Great hips, stays low and fluid, choppy feet, good ball skills. Grab him at 23 and you have the dreadliest safety tandem in the league.

:yeahthat:

In that group there was one safety, one corner, hands down. Butler's incredibly quick with his feet, very curious to see his shuttle/cone times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes