PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colvin's Spike!!!!! [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveDemPats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Amazing game for this amazingly great LB!!!!

Didn't he get two sacks? Isn't he the one who caught that fumble/interception? He frick'n ended the game with that stripsack.

Then that spike was sooooo worth it.

I love that guy.

He was really emotional at the end there too.

Last edited:
Spike-Gate

I didn't see it but Mark Schlereth is whining about the Pats spiking the ball on the Colts logo at the end of the game. I'm sure the usual suspects will be on their soap boxes endlessly ranting about the lack of class and sportsmanship by the Pats.

Any observations or comments?

Re: Colvin's Sike!!!!!

what on earth does "sike" mean

Re: Spike-Gate

I have five media outlets on right now..the FIRST thing out of Scleraderma's chafed mouth was "classless!!!" after the game...he needs a punch in the mouth more than ANY media fake out there, except for Turkeybrook

I didn't see it but Mark Schlereth is whining about the Pats spiking the ball on the Colts logo at the end of the game. I'm sure the usual suspects will be on their soap boxes endlessly ranting about the lack of class and sportsmanship by the Pats.

Any observations or comments?

usual every week. get ready to hear it next week "Classless patriots take week off mocking other teams who are playing".

I'm guessing he's referring to Colvin's spike, which did occur at midfield.

Obersation: take the next two weeks and pay attention to something other than the mindless rantings of the media. I know I'm going to enjoy some peace and sanity. :rocker:

That's funny, I'm whining about the Colts piping in noise and the refs trying to fix the game.

Who cares. I think it is funny. And I am actually glad, the mediots are looking more and more biased. They keep trying to find negative things to say about the Patriots.

lol, I wish we could just flip an "ignore the morons" switch. The whole ESPN is full of them. I dunno if you guys saw with how much pain Ditka had to talk about Patriots win. lol what a bunch of jerkoffs!

Re: Colvin's Spike!!!!!

That Sike went like 1 billion hectors in the air! (er, spike)

Amazing game for this amazingly great LB!!!!

Didn't he get two sacks? Isn't he the one who caught that fumble/interception? He frick'n ended the game with that stripsack.

Then that spike was sooooo worth it.

I love that guy.

He was really emotional at the end there too.

Yeah it was really great to have to get 15 yards instead of ten when we needed a first down to run out the clock.

Would have been real funny is we hadn't and Peyton got another shot to beat us.

That's real leadership from a veteran.

Last edited:

Yeah it was really great to have to get 15 yards instead of ten when we needed a first down to run out the clock.

pretty sure the five yards was backed off from spot of change of possession and it was first and ten

I don't see how people are trying to make such a big deal out of it being on the logo. It's not like he imitated TO at Dallas and Ran up to the center of the field. It was where the play ended.

He did get carried away though. A few of the Pats were pulling Merriweathers throughout the day. Matt Light and Willie Andrews especially. Parcells would can Andrews' butt.

Result of the play was a first and 10, 5 yards back from where it would have been. Some penalties are worth it.

I don't see how people are trying to make such a big deal out of it being on the logo. It's not like he imitated TO at Dallas and Ran up to the center of the field. It was where the play ended.

He did get carried away though. A few of the Pats were pulling Merriweathers throughout the day. Matt Light and Willie Andrews especially. Parcells would can Andrews' butt.

Andrews was just blocking a guy, and that rule is stupid anyways. Andrews should just let up and let his guy run down field because his block was too good? That rule needs to be changed.

Result of the play was a first and 10, 5 yards back from where it would have been. Some penalties are worth it.

I stand corrected.

So it's OK to do something stupid in a close game if you check the rulebook first (I'm sure he did).

I stand corrected.

So it's OK to do something stupid in a close game if you check the rulebook first (I'm sure he did).

It was an emotional game in his home town. Give the guy a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe