Welcome to PatsFans.com

Colluder - What should I do??

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Miguel, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Miguel

Miguel Patriots Salary Cap Guru PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +584 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

I am the commish of the league. I have been told that one of the owners (let's call him James Bond) offered another owner (let's call him Jason Bourne) half of the prize pool if he traded Stephen Jackson for a filler player. Jason Bourne turned down the offer and then told me about it but does not want anyone else to know. Should I say anything to James Bond??

2. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Since the trade didn't go down, there's nothing you can really do other than post a blanket statement about how collusion won't be tolerated and make sure your league's rules cover it well for next year if they dont' already. However, if the trade did go down, then boot both owners immediately and make sure your rules cover such a scenario.

There's a thread in the Footballguys.com forums titled Rules every league should consider having and covers several collusion scenarios. It's a good read and every league should incorporate most of the rules suggested.

Regards,
    Chris

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  3. DB15

DB15 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

say anything no

but you should next year make it known that such activities wil get them kicked out

4. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -2

#80 Jersey

As the commish it is your RESPONSIBILITY to maintain the integrity of the league. You don’t have to call people out by name (since it didn’t go down), but you should address the issue of colluding and why the league (should) frown on it.

Anyone willing to do this would not be invited back into any of my leagues the following season. :)

5. Miguel

Miguel Patriots Salary Cap Guru PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +584 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

Thanks for the great ideas, everyone.

6. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +61 / 1 / -4

Yup as commish you are responsible for maintaining integrity in the league. Veto a trade if it looks too lopsided. Since the trade didn't get to the approval stage and the other owner didn't cooperate, I think a general warning should be enough.