PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coaching vs Talent

Status
Not open for further replies.
They scored 35 on the 49ers. They scored 30 in the reg season vs the Ravens. They put up 428 yards Sunday. In what universe where they 'manhandled'?

I'm sure it makes you feel like a big tough guy to question the manliness of the team because they didn't give you that win you were entitled to, but seriously, grow up.

The patriots didn't score anything until justin smith got hurt and he's their best pass rusher .

They smacked the offense around all day.....
"I'm sure it makes you feel like a big tough guy to question the manliness of the team because they didn't give you that win you were entitled to, but seriously, grow up"

I'm not the one questioning their manliness, i just said what the perception is.

You think that 15 yard penalties are a good thing? Let me guess,because you think NFL players get scared if you hit hard, right?:rolleyes:

Hernandez doesn't get alligator arms?

Welker doesn't drop balls after getting pummeled three plays before?

Ridley doesn't get K'O'd?

Pat Chung didn't take out Hakeem Nicks in the Superbowl?

Edelman doesn't get concussed and knocked out by Landry?

Woodhead doesn't get concussed?

Ed Reed didn't get rendered ineffective when he was too busy looking around for Hines Ward?

You are quite literally the only person I've seen who is saying the Pats didnt get roughed up or that hitting hard is meaningless.

Hernandez doesn't get alligator arms?

Welker doesn't drop balls after getting pummeled three plays before?

Ridley doesn't get K'O'd?

Pat Chung didn't take out Hakeem Nicks in the Superbowl?

Edelman doesn't get concussed and knocked out by Landry?

Woodhead doesn't get concussed?

Ed Reed didn't get rendered ineffective when he was too busy looking around for Hines Ward?

You are quite literally the only person I've seen who is saying the Pats didnt get roughed up or that hitting hard is meaningless.

Where did I say hitting hard is meaningless? I said players aren't afraid of being hit.
The Patriots were not close to 'roughed up'. They took a couple of hard hits, which is part of football, like the one Mayo delivered on Pitta(?).
Taking 15 yard penalties is stupid.

This is a bunch of crap. What is finesse about this team? We have a great QB so we throw the ball well. That does not equal finesse.
We ran the ball the 2nd most times in the NFL.
We play 2 gap defense and have the largest LBs and front 7 in the NFL.

This is 2013 not 1973. Every team throws and throws a lot. A passing team is not a finesse team, and the one that runs the ball the 2nd most times surely isnt either.

It's not crap this team can't handle tough defenses in the playoffs its a finesse offense. Welker hears footsteps and so does Hernandez. Don't even get me started on Lloyd dude lives on the turf.

The offensive line gets ***** slapped in the majority of the playoff games we've played the last few years.

Brady the last few years also has no response when he gets pushed around a bit and he no longer hangs tough in the pocket to deliver that crucial throw he starts ducking. I don't blame him he's 35 and has a family now.

I think the offense is great its just not good enough in the playoffs when it faces a tough man defense.

Where did I say hitting hard is meaningless? I said players aren't afraid of being hit.
The Patriots were not close to 'roughed up'. They took a couple of hard hits, which is part of football, like the one Mayo delivered on Pitta(?).
Taking 15 yard penalties is stupid.

Ty Law would disagree with you he said on CSNNE that he would go out and get personal fouls early in games to set the tone. We have no tone setter on defense. Mayos huge hit wasn't scaring anyone Pitta went right back and owned Gregory for a td the next freaking play!

The patriots didn't score anything until justin smith got hurt and he's their best pass rusher .
Thats not what you said, you said they were manhandled. That is not true, even if you want to change that to they would have been but someone was injured.
Oh, and Aldon Smith is their best pass rusher.

They smacked the offense around all day.....
The Patriots had over 500 yards of offense and 35 points vs SF. What are you talking about?

"I'm sure it makes you feel like a big tough guy to question the manliness of the team because they didn't give you that win you were entitled to, but seriously, grow up"

I'm not the one questioning their manliness, i just said what the perception is.
Um, yes you are. You are the one saying they were 'manhandled' not that someone perceived they were.

Thats not what you said, you said they were manhandled. That is not true, even if you want to change that to they would have been but someone was injured.
Oh, and Aldon Smith is their best pass rusher.

The Patriots had over 500 yards of offense and 35 points vs SF. What are you talking about?

Um, yes you are. You are the one saying they were 'manhandled' not that someone perceived they were.

"They smacked the offense around all day..." Was directed towards the ravens playoff game.

Ty Law would disagree with you he said on CSNNE that he would go out and get personal fouls early in games to set the tone. We have no tone setter on defense. Mayos huge hit wasn't scaring anyone Pitta went right back and owned Gregory for a td the next freaking play!

That is BS. Ty Law never commited personal fouls, much less did it to set the tone. He had to have been speaking euphamistically.
Players don't get scared by hits. That is exactly the point.

Let me ask you this. Who is a 'tone setter'? How many players has that guy laid out in his last 10 games?
You are creating something that doesn't exist then saying we don't have it.
Spikes laid out more players this year than anyone.

"They smacked the offense around all day..." Was directed towards the ravens playoff game.

And we had 428 yards. Brady wasn't sacked all day. What is this 'smacking around'?
I hate this board so much after a loss. People create something they find important, and then pretend it is what happened.

Come on, they had most of those yards after the 49ers pass rush collapsed with Smith out and the lineman getting tired.

We scored quick before Harbaugh remembered he could replace his DEs easier than we could replace offensive tackles and so he subbed in fresh backup DTs and shut us down again.

It's the huge weakness of our no huddle - your own lineman get just as tired and are harder to replace than D-lineman!

Come on, they had most of those yards after the 49ers pass rush collapsed with Smith out and the lineman getting tired.

We scored quick before Harbaugh remembered he could replace his DEs easier than we could replace offensive tackles and so he subbed in fresh backup DTs and shut us down again.

It's the huge weakness of our huddle - your own lineman get just as tired and are harder to replace than D-lineman!

Gotcha, so we really didn't score 35 points, we were beaten up and humiliated, but the 49ers felt bad for us, so they let us score 5 times in a row to tie the game, then they started trying again.

Gotcha, so we really didn't score 35 points, we were beaten up and humiliated, but the 49ers felt bad for us, so they let us score 5 times in a row to tie the game, then they started trying again.

No, it just took them that long to figure out how to shut us down without that Smith- Smith move they pull.

No, it just took them that long to figure out how to shut us down without that Smith- Smith move they pull.

Wait. Our offense is crap because the 49ers are only a good defense because Smith and Smith play combo pass rush games so we scored 35 points because they were figuring out how to play defense without that ploy?
Wow, it just keeps getting better with you.

The patriots couldn't establish a drive for more than 4 plays before smith got hurt

San Francisco 49ers vs. New England Patriots - Drive Chart - December 16, 2012 - ESPN

Did they score 35 points?
Were they "manhandled" while they scored those 35 points?
Or are we now saying that we have an offense that gets manhandled for a quareter if playing a team that has a certain player who got injured and then they weren't manhandled any more, so we need to change the offense in case that might have been why?

That is BS. Ty Law never commited personal fouls, much less did it to set the tone. He had to have been speaking euphamistically.
Players don't get scared by hits. That is exactly the point.

Let me ask you this. Who is a 'tone setter'? How many players has that guy laid out in his last 10 games?
You are creating something that doesn't exist then saying we don't have it.
Spikes laid out more players this year than anyone.

I don't really care to argue, I can't name a specific person and give you how many times he laid a guy out. I'd say guys like Pollard set the tone hitting dudes in the head and just crushing people illegally or legally. Goldson on the 49ers, Polamalu back when he was healthy, Rodney for us in the past. Maybe its more of a reputation that a defense is going to smash you every play.

The reputation of our D is that they'll gladly be dragged into the endzone with you while you score a TD

Did they score 35 points?
Were they "manhandled" while they scored those 35 points?
Or are we now saying that we have an offense that gets manhandled for a quareter if playing a team that has a certain player who got injured and then they weren't manhandled any more, so we need to change the offense in case that might have been why?

You're just lashing out randomly now. They didnt get manhandled during the scoring spree but the Oline got clobbered by the D before and after that, with the O giving up record for the season number of pressures.

Soon as that went, the Pats established no huddle till pressure was reestablished.

We don't need to change the offense - when healthy its unstoppable. It's just easily stopped by certain teams without Gronk.

So it makes sense to get someone to partially alleviate his loss.

I don't really care to argue, I can't name a specific person and give you how many times he laid a guy out. I'd say guys like Pollard set the tone hitting dudes in the head and just crushing people illegally or legally. Goldson on the 49ers, Polamalu back when he was healthy, Rodney for us in the past. Maybe its more of a reputation that a defense is going to smash you every play.

The reputation of our D is that they'll gladly be dragged into the endzone with you while you score a TD

And there we have it. Your novice misconception is being called reputation.
I think we are done here.

You're just lashing out randomly now. They didnt get manhandled during the scoring spree but the Oline got clobbered by the D before and after that, with the O giving up record for the season number of pressures.

Soon as that went, the Pats established no huddle till pressure was reestablished.

We don't need to change the offense - when healthy its unstoppable. It's just easily stopped by certain teams without Gronk.

So it makes sense to get someone to partially alleviate his loss.

No the argument was that our offense gets manhandled by good defenses.
This has turned into we scored 35 vs the 49ers but they really manhandled us because they would have if Smith wasn't hurt, and those points don't count because you think the 49ers forgot how to play defense, but would have manhandled us if they wanted to.

As far as getting someone behind Gronk, I don't know how you expect to have 3 starting caliber TEs with the 3rd being better than the 2 border line starter caliber guys we had here.
What starting caliber TE is going to come here to be #3 so he can be Gronk insurance?

And there we have it. Your novice misconception is being called reputation.
I think we are done here.

Lol you have 4 different people telling you you're wrong and because I do not want to go through a bunch of games to find some names and numbers for you you're right? Are you sure you and Deus Irae aren't the same person you sure post in the same snobish manner.

If you think this team is physical enough in the playoffs that's your opinion, it'll keep you happy till next January when they get knocked out by the same gameplan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST