PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coaching has been horrible down the stretch and stupid today

You don't chase points. The Patriots went for 7 with 6 minutes left when they should have taken the 3.

And if Manning runs out the clock, you'd be *****ing that they didn't go for it on 4th and 1. Fact is that going for it was the CORRECT CALL. The actual play call was horrible. They could have attempted to draw Denver off-sides. If they are going to call a play, why not use the old direct snap to the RB while Brady pretends it went over his head. THAT play is perfect for when teams think you are going to pass it..

Those are not my words you damn liar. Go on, quote my exact post that said. Go through my post history and quite that exact post.
LOL GLM having a fit

And if Manning runs out the clock, you'd be *****ing that they didn't go for it on 4th and 1. Fact is that going for it was the CORRECT CALL. The actual play call was horrible. They could have attempted to draw Denver off-sides. If they are going to call a play, why not use the old direct snap to the RB while Brady pretends it went over his head. THAT play is perfect for when teams think you are going to pass it..
terrible call not taking the FG

what makes you think manning would have run out the clock? the denver offense was terrible in second half.

sorry you and glm are two trolls that look alike.:)

Not sure why I deserve to be called a troll when I at least try to rationally explain my diverting opinion in replies. But whatevs..

what makes you think manning would have run out the clock? the denver offense was terrible in second half.

What makes you think we would have been able to get back to the redzone ? The Patriots offense was terrible in the entire game.

Blew several games poor coaching decisions. At 6 minutes left you kick that FG that was stupid. You needed those 3 points.

I can't argue with your kicking the field goal point but the problem today was the offensive line. That was just hard to watch.

What I would like to discuss in another thread is why this O line can't seem to give Brady any time. Is it coaching, is it player, is experience?

Not sure why I deserve to be called a troll when I at least try to rationally explain my diverting opinion in replies. But whatevs..
j/k man. look arguing over it isn't going to change anything. We lost. Period end of story. Wish it was a better outcome but hey, what are you going to do.

There was a great chance Denver's stout D was going to prevent a 1rst down conversion since they were crapping on us all game. 3 points is almost guaranteed and there's still 6 minutes left on the clock.

This is a no brainer bud.

And if Manning and the Broncos D put together a long drive with some runs and short passes, they can run out the clock..

Dude you have been thoroughly schooled tonight.
HAHAHA no. I've said from the beginning that hindsight is fueling your argument since the beginning. You have literally not said anything to dispute this. You've just gave one troll response after another.

And you have been disagreed with more than any other poster on this board by dozens of other posters.
I haven't received a single disagree rating and the only posters that have quoted and disagreed with me are you and PatriotSpy. So what in the hell are you talking about?
You have no credibility or football knowledge, and frankly should be embarrassed by your lack of debate, analysis, and analytical skills.
This literally applies to you.

j/k man. look arguing over it isn't going to change anything. We lost. Period end of story. Wish it was a better outcome but hey, what are you going to do.

Agree. I am just getting a bit upset these days how fast people start calling Belichick stupid. He excels at situational thinking and taking the odds.. it just didn't pay off today. But there is never a guarantee that it will. Even if you put your team into an advantageous position you can still have a negative outcome.

LOL GLM having a fit
Another troll response. You still haven't enlightened us on all this "sports knowledge" you claim to possess.

I admit it may have been "wrong" in that there are no absolutes. The Pats D was stopping everything Denver was doing and could have been trusted to hold after a FG, as they did anyway.

What? Denver scored 20 points. That's hardly "stopping everything Denver was doing".

I thought kick the FG too, but i didn't think this coaching thread would be on one note. How about the inability to adjust when Gronk, Edelman, and I assume Amendola were double, or triple teamed and there were pass rushers in on each play.

They only have eleven players, so how about going to White, Martin, LaFell or Chandler early and try to dictate the defense? They never adjusted IMO, as they only started forcing it to a 2-3 teamed Gronk late and desperate heaves to White.

By contrast, Peyton found the openings.

Call a damn timeout and come up with a plan. that game was not as close as the score indicated. Our offense was on it's heels all game. Yeah, the OLine sucked, but we did not force the defense to adjust the whole game, we were desperate from the get go.

It did feel like they were outplayed for most of the game. If the Pats would of came away with a win, it would of been one of those games where they stole the victory.

The Pats defense was excellent in the 2nd half. You would think before the game started the Pats were gonna score 21+ with as healthy as they have been in awhile.

Better team won on this day. Although it was nice to see this team fight and claw to the very end.

Hate questioning the greatest coach ever but I do think with 5:56 to play you kick the fg. The defense was making the necessary stops up to that point. However, if they did make it and score 7 or 8 he walks on water if the Pats come back down and get the fg to win. Law of averages, game of inches and decisions.

I think you kick the fg with 6 mins to go. You're definitely getting at least one more possession, and you'd be down 5, down 8, or down 12, but how the defense was going in the second half, I'd take the chances.

8-3=5.... 5-7 = +2 Wow we win.

You are the one using very poorly constructed logic. They were at like the 11. Stop them after we miss 4 and 1... and yes we have them on the deep in their territory. .

You're assuming the rest of the game plays out exactly the way it did. That's extremely illogical.

I can't argue with your kicking the field goal point but the problem today was the offensive line. That was just hard to watch.

What I would like to discuss in another thread is why this O line can't seem to give Brady any time. Is it coaching, is it player, is experience?
Our O-Line Sucks. Brady needs his safety receiver Edleman to be able to get rid of the ball quickly or a back like Lewis. Either the Denver D did a much better job of taking away Edleman so Brady could not keep the O-Line from getting exposed or our O game plan sucked.

Agree that we had no response to what Denver was throwing at us.

That being said it seems like the OL underperformed so severely that our gameplan was essentially fckued from the get go. If you can’t get the pass rush under control even with the help of an extra lineman (Fleming) then there is not much you can do as an offensive coordinator.

You have to at least assume a basic level of competency from the OL and that was just not here today.

No, you play with what you have. They mix it up and Denver is forced into different coverages, or pass rushers keep running and tackling air.

They didn't assume they needed to be creative, deceptive, get quick openers? It's been that way for months.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back