PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

classic postgame meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game was worthy of it.

While he was certainly pissed on national TV, I thought it was kind of warranted, personally. Not only did they end up being horribly embarrased off of what should have been their finest hour, but Green outcoached the garbage out of Smith in the first half. His players gave him the screw in the second (or, let them off the hook, if you prefer Dennyspeak).

Green was right. Cards were the better team. Bears couldn't do nothing on offense. Their play calling at the end ruined any chance of sealing the victory. Bears fans should be very lucky to have won this game. Bears did not win....Cards lost. Bears better do better than that if they think they have a shot at us. I can guarantee one thing. If we have a large lead like that, Bears will go home packing with their first loss.

I loved that tirade, that was some great stuff. I was never a big fan of Denny until that.

heh. he has a right to be pissed. Not as good as some of the Tuna's or Mora's rants, or Edwards, but still classic the way he called out the bears.

Classic rants on the NFL network right now

The reporters didn't choke. Denny Green's team did.

Bush league.

And then he fires his offensive coordinator!

Imagine BB screaming at reporters during his press conferences :eek:

Have new found respect for Denny Green, trying to imagine how BB would have handled this sitz, I think these NFL mandated press conferences should be voluntary, Green was in no mood to talk to anybody, never mind the idiotic press.. I do not think BB would have done it in public.

Denny Green needs to take that anger out on the people who let down what was a really good performance by his D, QB and WRs. He would do well to read the Riot Act to the O line and tell them to sort their sh*t out as a matter of priority. They should spend a lot of extra time working hard on their run blocking; Barry Sanders could not have run behind that line.
He would do well to point out to JJ Arrington that repeating acts of stupidity like the spike will cost him his career. That's the first time I have seen Arizona in ages. I was actually impressed. I'm guessing that they are an improving team, but it is fair to say that they couldn't have become any worse.

Reporters get on their knees when Parcells does something like this (a disturbing image I know). "He's so dynamic and a good story." When someone else does it they are outraged.

Green is at much at fault for allowing run up the middle play followed by another run up the middle with the 2nd and 2 with 37 seconds and a timeout.

If he had kept it in Leinerts hands like the previous 45 yards they would have been in chip shot range or even gotten a TD out of it. The Bears had mentally given up after that 8 yard pickup. Calling those 2 running plays and settling for a 40 yard try put them back in it enough for them to get a big push on the kick try.

Green was as much at fault as the punt coverage or Edge's fumble for giving up the game. They got sissy on the play calling and paid for it.

It think that's why the O coordinator was fired. Every time they got a lead, they tried to protect it instead of going for the throat. They were having a lot of success passing. I doubt Green called it that way.

Gumby said:
Green is at much at fault for allowing run up the middle play followed by another run up the middle with the 2nd and 2 with 37 seconds and a timeout.

If he had kept it in Leinerts hands like the previous 45 yards they would have been in chip shot range or even gotten a TD out of it. The Bears had mentally given up after that 8 yard pickup. Calling those 2 running plays and settling for a 40 yard try put them back in it enough for them to get a big push on the kick try.

Green was as much at fault as the punt coverage or Edge's fumble for giving up the game. They got sissy on the play calling and paid for it.

Yeah, but it never should have come down to that drive.

FirstAndGoal said:
It think that's why the O coordinator was fired. Every time they got a lead, they tried to protect it instead of going for the throat. They were having a lot of success passing. I doubt Green called it that way.

Every time they got a lead? They had a lead the whole game, most of the time a 20 point lead!!

The offensive coordinator was fired for running James constantly up the middle for 0 yard games while Lienart was ripping up the Bears' secondary.

Last edited:
It's those damn offensive co-ordinator's!:enranged:

Most people think the coach has some control, but they're wrong. Once the game starts these O.C.'s are in bunkers protected by armed troops.

Green could see that game plan unfolding but couldn't do anything about it.

Fortunately with target bombing and gas he managed to smoke him out after the game and he is now in exile in Costa Rica.

Offensive coordinator is a hereditary position passed on from the Illuminati and the Knights of Templar.

Isn't it curious the Pats O.C. is just out of high school?

It all makes sense when you think about it. NEM is right. NEM is right!

Oh oh, they're after me again. Where's my tin foil hat?!:bricks:

The coach has control but they don't override the entire game. The offensive coordinate usually does have a wide berth when the game starts. I'd be surprised if they didn't. I'm not saying that Green isn't ultimately responsible but the offensive coordinator is not just some figurehead on most teams. The players lost it but the play calling didn't help.

That was a classic! I didn't understand a thing Denny was saying until he says "we let them off the hook." Who exactly did he think the Bears were and what about the pre-season game?:confused:

After the Pats lost to Denver last year Michael Holley took BB to task for his one-word post game answers but I swear, BB was trying to control himself and prevent a similiar meltdown.

Hoodie said:
That was a classic! I didn't understand a thing Denny was saying until he says "we let them off the hook." Who exactly did he think the Bears were and what about the pre-season game?:confused:

After the Pats lost to Denver last year Michael Holley took BB to task for his one-word post game answers but I swear, BB was trying to control himself and prevent a similiar meltdown.

Green is basically saying that in the 3 quarters that were starters on starters in the preseason the Cards outscored Chicago 20-6. Prior to the 4th quarter meltdown it was 23-3. They were exactly the team that they played before, i.e. not that good.

His "crown 'em" line is more of the same. Keep calling that decent team great if you want to, but we should have kicked their @sses.

BB had a good line in the Denver PC. I don't remember it exactly but it was something like, "We lost to a better...They played a better game than we did."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft