Clark Judge shows some love for McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From Clark Judge's Judgement Column:

12. Guaranteed, you don't know who Josh McDaniels is. But you should. We all should. He's the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for New England, which, it just so happens, scores 38.3 points per game and has Brady on target to break Peyton Manning's record of 49 touchdowns in one season. So why don't we hear more about McDaniels? Someone? Anyone?

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/10408847

I agree with him. The guy gets no credit by a lot of people even in Pats land. It is all the talent and not him. It is he doesn't like to go deep (apparently, he forgot that fact yesterday). Last year, it wasn't the talent, it was his play calling.

It is time to show some love for the guy. Manning has a lot of weapons too, but he isn't putting up anywhere close to these numbers that Brady is putting up. I would say that Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Gonzalez, Adai, and Utept are fairly comprehible to what Brady has at his disposal, but Manning has 11 less TDs and 452 less TDs with one less game played. If it wasn't for a ticky-tack pass interference calls, a couple of overthrown passes by Brady to Moss, and Moss not being able hold onto that ball on that spectacular TD catch going out of bounds in the end zone, that margin would be higher.

McDaniels deserves credit for this success. It is time for the McDaniels haters to give the guy his due.

I agree with him. The guy gets no credit by a lot of people even in Pats land. It is all the talent and not him. It is he doesn't like to go deep (apparently, he forgot that fact yesterday). Last year, it wasn't the talent, it was his play calling.

It is time to show some love for the guy. Manning has a lot of weapons too, but he isn't putting up anywhere close to these numbers that Brady is putting up. I would say that Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Gonzalez, Adai, and Utept are fairly comprehible to what Brady has at his disposal, but Manning has 11 less TDs and 452 less TDs with one less game played. If it wasn't for a ticky-tack pass interference calls, a couple of overthrown passes by Brady to Moss, and Moss not being able hold onto that ball on that spectacular TD catch going out of bounds in the end zone, that margin would be higher.

McDaniels deserves credit for this success. It is time for the McDaniels haters to give the guy his due.

I think that he get love. How's this, "McDaniels, you get to work for the best coach ever, and coach the best QB ever."

To a person who loves football and really really really wants to coach, this is the best present, or show of love that anyone could ever give. I understand your sentiment. And, he is very talented. But I doubt very much that he has ever thought to himself, (as like the youngest Offensive Coordinater ever I think?) "I don't get enough love."

The people who are important to him have shown him undying love.

I believe Adam Schefter was showing him some love last week on WEEI when he said he's at the top of the interview list for HC vacancies for 2008. Although there was lots of disenting opinion here among his teams fan base that that was impossible because he only got the no name offense as far as a 21 point lead in the AFCC approaching the half last season. :rolleyes:

I think that he get love. How's this, "McDaniels, you get to work for the best coach ever, and coach the best QB ever."

To a person who loves football and really really really wants to coach, this is the best present, or show of love that anyone could ever give. I understand your sentiment. And, he is very talented. But I doubt very much that he has ever thought to himself, (as like the youngest Offensive Coordinater ever I think?) "I don't get enough love."

The people who are important to him have shown him undying love.

I have heard people say "Imagine what Weis could do with this offense" or it is the players. Weis got to work with the best coach ever and the best QB ever, but he is deified by a lot of people in these parts and around the country. I don't think Weis could have done any better this year. McDaniels is a forgotten piece of the puzzle who gets less credit in most areas this year than Dante Scarnecchia.

I'm sorry, but virtually everyone on the offense is getting their ball washed except for McDaniels. He deserves a decent portion of the credit. The offense doesn't run itself as much as the McDaniels haters would like to think so.

I have heard people say "Imagine what Weis could do with this offense" or it is the players. Weis got to work with the best coach ever and the best QB ever, but he is deified by a lot of people in these parts and around the country. I don't think Weis could have done any better this year. McDaniels is a forgotten piece of the puzzle who gets less credit in most areas this year than Dante Scarnecchia.

I'm sorry, but virtually everyone on the offense is getting their ball washed except for McDaniels. He deserves a decent portion of the credit. The offense doesn't run itself as much as the McDaniels haters would like to think so.

You are right. You know what my point is. The accolades are important to some. I think that it is because he is so young by the way. And, I bet you see this too. He is a perfect fit if you ask me. Maybe my reaction is because I don't want him to leave. Ya know? Maybe yours is too!? You feel that if someone says to him that he is doing great that he will feel needed. It makes sense. They are a really fun team to watch right now I know that. Coming back like that will really get him noticed by the way. That was an amazing second half called by the dude. Those short passes on the side were just slicing the flanks of the boys D like a straight razor. I watched and just kept saying, "great. Oh, that was an important play. Yes! Oh this is perfect." I am all about the dude. And, that he kept running Faulk was sooo sweet. (Faulk really responded by the way.)

I think that Mcdaniels is really on board with the idea that the more you get everyone involved, the better the team will be. This is a great time to be a pats fan!

Here's the problem:

Most of the holier-than-thou, long time posters on this message board (i.e. "The Lemurs" ) derided Josh McDaniels last year. Most of these posters, you see, aren't really capabable of forming their own opinions. They'll wait until one of PatsFan MessageBoard "geniuses" has a sudden revelation, some tremendously inspired flash of insight, and comes forward to lavish praise on McDaniels. The Genius will at least present some context as to why they came to this discovery. This will inspire to The Lemurs to not only chime in in unison, but also praise the PFMB Genius for his/her brilliant insight (PFMB ball washing). Together, they will erase memory of their incorrect thinking the previous season, but at least only one of them had to step forward and lead the group.

If the person in this case, the leader, is not one of the PatsFan Message Board geniuses, he/she risks being mocked by The Lemurs. The Lemurs, recalling their position last season, will attack in hopes that their mockery will not be called out by a PFMB Genius. Thats how it goes here.

McDaniels will get his due credit if and when the Pats win a Sb with him at the helm of this offense. While i fully expect that to happen, there is a long bridge to cross until then. I appreciate McDaniels more for last season's stretch run than this season explosion, given his current weapons. Down the stretch last season with that horrific WR corps, the Pats scored 40,24,40,37,24, and 34 points... 199 points in 6 games, 33 per game. That was an awesome feat and a credit to his coaching.

P.S. How do you think Brian Daboll is feeling now? Supposedly he demanded a promotion to QB coach because he didn't want to coach receivers anymore. When BB refused, Daboll fled to the Jets. I am sure he played some backstabbing role in the "videogate" affair. Now he's stuck on that awful team, instead of coaching one of the great receiving corps of all time and being next in line to replace McDaniels as OC, once Josh gets his HC job.

Not to discount your rant, but who hates McDaniels?

You are right. You know what my point is. The accolades are important to some. I think that it is because he is so young by the way. And, I bet you see this too. He is a perfect fit if you ask me. Maybe my reaction is because I don't want him to leave. Ya know? Maybe yours is too!? You feel that if someone says to him that he is doing great that he will feel needed. It makes sense. They are a really fun team to watch right now I know that. Coming back like that will really get him noticed by the way. That was an amazing second half called by the dude. Those short passes on the side were just slicing the flanks of the boys D like a straight razor. I watched and just kept saying, "great. Oh, that was an important play. Yes! Oh this is perfect." I am all about the dude. And, that he kept running Faulk was sooo sweet. (Faulk really responded by the way.)

I think that Mcdaniels is really on board with the idea that the more you get everyone involved, the better the team will be. This is a great time to be a pats fan!

I don't think many people on the Pats are looking for personal accliments. I don't think Belichick or Brady care very much, but both get their balls washed on a daily basis. There is a difference from McDaniels seeking recognition than people realizing he is doing a great job and giving him credit. But I do get your point and really not pointing the finger in your direction.

I agree that I don't want him to run off and be a head coach. Hopefully, McDaniels will learn from Mangini's mistake and realize just because people come calling for you to be a head coach doesn't neccessarily mean you are ready to be a head coach. Mangini looks lost when everything doesn't seem to be going his way and he is actually facing real adversity for the first time as a head coach. Although it looks like McDaniels may be more ready for a head coaching job than Mangini was, I think he will benefit from a few more years of polishing under Belichick. There are always 5-7 head coaching jobs a year and few qualified candidates. Gary Kubiak held out for his dream job and got it in his hometown of Houston. McDaniels will probably be able to do the same.

Not to discount your rant, but who hates McDaniels?

Last week there were some people who claimed it wasn't McDaniels and it was the players and McDaniels isn't creative enough. I have seen similiar comments on other boards and it wasn't NEM who said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back