PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Childress talks about Patriots being "all time great signal stealers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read that Childress was fined $35,000.00 for publicly criticizing officials and disclosing details of private talks with the NFL office about officiating. I dont have enough posts to start a new thread, so maybe someone else can. Also I'm very bad with computers and dont know how to post the link. But here it is. Vikings coach Brad Childress fined for criticizing officials - TwinCities.com Edit: I guess I did get the URL

Last edited:
I just read that Childress was fined $35,000.00 for publicly criticizing officials and disclosing details of private talks with the NFL office about officiating. I dont have enough posts to start a new thread, so maybe someone else can. Also I'm very bad with computers and dont know how to post the link. But here it is. Vikings coach Brad Childress fined for criticizing officials - TwinCities.com Edit: I guess I did get the URL

This is what happens to people who talk to much.

Last edited:
Brad "Chilly The Clown" Childress is always trying to one-up BB:

1) Telling the press about a private phone conversation between himself and BB, where BB requested that the Vikings all Garrett Mills to clear wavers and make it to our practice squad "as a professional courtesy". I assume a reciprocation would occur or perhaps this was being asked as a reciprocation for an earlier move. In any event, Childress refused... picked Mills off waivers and tripped over himself in his eagerness to recant the story to the press... what a donk!
Childress and Belichick have tense words with each other - USATODAY.com

2) Claims BB wanted Percy Harvin but was out outsmarted and outmaneuvered by Chilly The Savant Clown in "cat and mouse" game on par with the greatest international spy intrigues of modern times. He couldn't crow loudly enough to any media person that would listen
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ho-needs-good-belly-laugh-brad-childress.html

3) Childress out-maneuvering the Patriots to steal Brett Favre. http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...re-ruin-another-season-page5.html#post1377697

4) Now the crossdresser brings up stealing signals in response to an unrealated question about a playing time for Chris Cook. The implication is obvious - The pats ony won because of signal stealing. It doesn't matter that he doesn't mention syp-gate by name (unnecessary as the implication is self creating) and that he admits his team did it also (yeah, but they only gave it a half hearted try, so it doesn't really count right?).

Childress is so desperate to look smarter than BB that it is palpable. His penchant for flapping his gums (his latest Favre comments are yet another example) before thinking things through will not help him in that endeavor.
The mere suggestion that Childress is anywhere near BB as a coach or could ever outsmart him is so ludicrous that it's not worthy of a response (ergo, I contradict myself). Childress makes Wade Phillips look like a combination of Vince Lombardi and Knute Rockne, and Wade Phillips is as dumb as a rake handle.

Brad "Chilly The Clown" Childress is always trying to one-up BB:

1) Telling the press about a private phone conversation between himself and BB, where BB requested that the Vikings all Garrett Mills to clear wavers and make it to our practice squad "as a professional courtesy". I assume a reciprocation would occur or perhaps this was being asked as a reciprocation for an earlier move. In any event, Childress refused... picked Mills off waivers and tripped over himself in his eagerness to recant the story to the press... what a donk!
Childress and Belichick have tense words with each other - USATODAY.com

2) Claims BB wanted Percy Harvin but was out outsmarted and outmaneuvered by Chilly The Savant Clown in "cat and mouse" game on par with the greatest international spy intrigues of modern times. He couldn't crow loudly enough to any media person that would listen
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ho-needs-good-belly-laugh-brad-childress.html

3) Childress out-maneuvering the Patriots to steal Brett Favre. http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...re-ruin-another-season-page5.html#post1377697

4) Now the crossdresser brings up stealing signals in response to an unrealated question about a playing time for Chris Cook. The implication is obvious - The pats ony won because of signal stealing. It doesn't matter that he doesn't mention syp-gate by name (unnecessary as the implication is self creating) and that he admits his team did it also (yeah, but they only gave it a half hearted try, so it doesn't really count right?).

Childress is so desperate to look smarter than BB that it is palpable. His penchant for flapping his gums (his latest Favre comments are yet another example) before thinking things through will not help him in that endeavor.

My favorite part Childress' claims that the Vikings outmaneuvered the Patriots to draft Harvin was that the Minnesota didn't make any moves at all to do it. They were picking 22 and the Patriots were picking 23. Harvin was selected by the Vikings with the 22nd pick.

It wasn't like the Patriots traded up to #20 and then the Vikings swooped in at 19 to get Harvin. All Childress did was wait his turn and then draft the player he wanted. What an amazing strategy. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Did I miss something? How's this even an insult? Every team in the league steals signals if you're stupid enough to let them.

Did I miss something? How's this even an insult? Every team in the league steals signals if you're stupid enough to let them.
Correct. Except no team other than the Patriots gets accused of doing it.

The mere suggestion that Childress is anywhere near BB as a coach or could ever outsmart him is so ludicrous that it's not worthy of a response (ergo, I contradict myself). Childress makes Wade Phillips look like a combination of Vince Lombardi and Knute Rockne, and Wade Phillips is as dumb as a rake handle.

and yet he has the gumption to suggest BB is not honest (from the USA Today link - note that this is a 2007 article). :mad:

==============
Childress said Belichick called to ask him not to claim tight end Garrett Mills, offering to avoid picking up a player the Vikings cut as a reward. Childress declined.

"He didn't really care for that," Childress said Sunday morning on WCCO-AM. "He was trying to leverage, but you always find out who is honest and straightforward."
==================

I hope we embarass and shut them out.

My one memory of this game is that the sideline reporter reported either just before kickoff or very early in the game that Brady had told her that "we're gonna kill the Vikings". And he proceded to disect them surgically.....hmmmm....excellent game plan I guess.

Is there a more unlikable head coach in the NFL? Childress is such an uptight whiner.

Childress is already backtracking. Now he longs for the day he can have a team like BB's...

"I have a great deal of respect for Coach Belichick and the way he's formulated that program in the last 10 years and I've told him so. He has a mentally tough team that are great competitors that's played the way I hope one of my teams plays one of these days."

In your dreams you little worm... Those teams evolve from the top down, so the first thing that would have to go for one of your teams to have a shot of ever being that is you.

Childress wishes the Vikings were more like the Patriots | ProFootballTalk.com

Personally, i don't see what the big deal about what Childress said was if you put it in context:

Q: They were stealing signals?

"No, I just had a notion. Having played them with the Eagles before that they were good [at stealing signals]. It’s something that we do as well. It’s good for one; it’s good for the other. We didn’t change it up. We didn’t use wristbands. We didn’t change the menu at halftime. They were good at that. Obviously you don’t need to give Tom [Brady] any added advantage."

Exactly. But that's not how it's being played up. Anyone see any headlines that said "Childress: Vikes stole signals, too"? Didn't think so.

That said, anyone else squirm just a little at this part of Brady's response?:
"That's come and gone. That's not been a part of football here for a long tim. ...",

Brad Childress clearly isn't smart.... He's been told previously to keep his trap shut about the officials. Yet, what does he do? Runs his trap in public slamming the officials.. And then also runs his trap about the conversation that the league had with him. All after he was told to keep his trap shut..

So, I am not surprised that Childress is a moron and talks about "signal stealing". It's the only way for him to deflect the media from his own inadequacies.

I hope that Childress has Favre play and that the Pats shred him.. And that, when they finally put Jackson in, it's too late..

Mods please retitle this thread!

More like "Childress slams, BB, then retracts by praising him and ripping his own team" or soemthing

Chilly meltdown is fun to watch. I hope we run the score up on him and his johnson photo texting QB.

Mods please retitle this thread!

More like "Childress slams, BB, then retracts by praising him and ripping his own team" or soemthing

Chilly meltdown is fun to watch. I hope we run the score up on him and his johnson photo texting QB.

How about "misguided fans take everything out of context and don't do their own research into something"

Seems much more appropriate

The thread title should be - what week does Childress get fired? It's only a matter of time. We can already see the Viking ship starting to spring leaks. And guess what, the Skipper goes down with the ship! :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case