PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Childress talks about Patriots being "all time great signal stealers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to read to the end of the article.

"It’s something that we do as well. It’s good for one; it’s good for the other," he said. "We didn’t change it up. We didn’t use wristbands. We didn’t change the menu at halftime. They were good at that. Obviously you don’t need to give Tom [Brady] any added advantage."

Again, sign stealing isn't a big deal at all.

This forum is notorious for posters commenting without reading the link. This thread is a fine example.

I have to disagree. Go back to Chris Price's column (kudos to SVN for making CP aware of that) as well as Chilly's comments. Childress went from talking about a CB, to stealing signals in about two seconds. Before the 'Pats wanted Dez Bryant' comments, and even before the practice squad player comments (when he said Belichick was not honest or straight forward), Childress was OC in Philadelphia when the Pats beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl. For whatever reason, Childress seems to have some sort of grudge, a vendetta against Belichick ever since that game.

Last edited:
My sister and bro in law live in the twin cities, he bleeds purple and hates what they have done to this Vikings Franchise...

He also thinks that Childress is an absolute fool... he tells me about how much local talk radio hates him as well.

Hey Chilly,Patriots are good at stealing draft picks ,too.

Why do I care what he has to say? I'll wait to see what Coach Favre has to say.

Oh, sorry Chilly did I hit a nerve?

People need to read to the end of the article.

"It’s something that we do as well. It’s good for one; it’s good for the other," he said. "We didn’t change it up. We didn’t use wristbands. We didn’t change the menu at halftime. They were good at that. Obviously you don’t need to give Tom [Brady] any added advantage."

Again, sign stealing isn't a big deal at all.

Granted.

But if I were Brady or any of the other Pats who were on that 2006 team, I'd be ready to put a MUCH BIGGER BEATING on this coach with a case of verbal diarhea this Sunday. Those players deserve SOME credit for the 31-7 vicious throwdown in that game, and that idiot just attributed it to sign stealing - - as if they won on a technicality.

Why would any head coach say that before facing a team? He must be borderline insane.

I Before the 'Pats wanted Dez Bryant' comments, and even before the practice squad player comments (when he said Belichick was not honest or straight forward).....

Garrett Mills. I remember. And so does Belichick.

Last edited:
you are a bad coach and you take it out on the best????:rolleyes:

**** You Chilly!

Funny he forgot to mention that when the Pats went to spread formations he stayed with his base defense...

I don't think Belichick likes him very much to begin with. This will make him hate Chilly even more.

Now go and get your money, little Dufflebagz boy.

Lmfao! Seriously was drinking my coffee and almost burned myself, wasn't expecting that.

Personally, i don't see what the big deal about what Childress said was if you put it in context:

Q: They were stealing signals?

"No, I just had a notion. Having played them with the Eagles before that they were good [at stealing signals]. It’s something that we do as well. It’s good for one; it’s good for the other. We didn’t change it up. We didn’t use wristbands. We didn’t change the menu at halftime. They were good at that. Obviously you don’t need to give Tom [Brady] any added advantage."

Funny he forgot to mention that when the Pats went to spread formations he stayed with his base defense...

I remember that game so well. It was probably one of the most relaxing games I've ever watched as a Pats fan, because the outcome was so reassuring so early on.

I have to disagree. Go back to Chris Price's column (kudos to SVN for making CP aware of that) as well as Chilly's comments. Childress went from talking about a CB, to stealing signals in about two seconds. Before the 'Pats wanted Dez Bryant' comments, and even before the practice squad player comments (when he said Belichick was not honest or straight forward), Childress was OC in Philadelphia when the Pats beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl. For whatever reason, Childress seems to have some sort of grudge, a vendetta against Belichick ever since that game.

Brad "Chilly The Clown" Childress is always trying to one-up BB:

1) Telling the press about a private phone conversation between himself and BB, where BB requested that the Vikings all Garrett Mills to clear wavers and make it to our practice squad "as a professional courtesy". I assume a reciprocation would occur or perhaps this was being asked as a reciprocation for an earlier move. In any event, Childress refused... picked Mills off waivers and tripped over himself in his eagerness to recant the story to the press... what a donk!
Childress and Belichick have tense words with each other - USATODAY.com

2) Claims BB wanted Percy Harvin but was out outsmarted and outmaneuvered by Chilly The Savant Clown in "cat and mouse" game on par with the greatest international spy intrigues of modern times. He couldn't crow loudly enough to any media person that would listen
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ho-needs-good-belly-laugh-brad-childress.html

3) Childress out-maneuvering the Patriots to steal Brett Favre. http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...re-ruin-another-season-page5.html#post1377697

4) Now the crossdresser brings up stealing signals in response to an unrealated question about a playing time for Chris Cook. The implication is obvious - The pats ony won because of signal stealing. It doesn't matter that he doesn't mention syp-gate by name (unnecessary as the implication is self creating) and that he admits his team did it also (yeah, but they only gave it a half hearted try, so it doesn't really count right?).

Childress is so desperate to look smarter than BB that it is palpable. His penchant for flapping his gums (his latest Favre comments are yet another example) before thinking things through will not help him in that endeavor.

Last edited:
Some say Childress was being a dink, others say it was his way of paying BB a compliment. Doesn't really matter either way, because this dope will almost certainly be out of a job come January anyhoo. Instead of developing one of his young QBs, he wagered everything on that ol' hillbilly and busted. :bricks:

Brad "Chilly The Clown" Childress is always trying to one-up BB:

1) Telling the press about a private phone conversation between himself and BB, where BB requested that the Vikings all Garrett Mills to clear wavers and make it to our practice squad "as a professional courtesy". I assume a reciprocation would occur or perhaps this was being asked as a reciprocation for an earlier move. In any event, Childress refused... picked Mills off waivers and tripped over himself in his eagerness to recant the story to the press... what a donk!
Childress and Belichick have tense words with each other - USATODAY.com

2) Claims BB wanted Percy Harvin but was out outsmarted and outmaneuvered by Chilly The Savant Clown in "cat and mouse" game on par with the greatest international spy intrigues of modern times. He couldn't crow loudly enough to any media person that would listen
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ho-needs-good-belly-laugh-brad-childress.html

3) Childress out-maneuvering the Patriots to steal Brett Favre. http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...re-ruin-another-season-page5.html#post1377697

4) Now the crossdresser brings up stealing signals in response to an unrealated question about a playing time for Chris Cook. The implication is obvious - The pats ony won because of signal stealing. It doesn't matter that he doesn't mention syp-gate by name (unnecessary as the implication is self creating) and that he admits his team did it also (yeah, but they only gave it a half hearted try, so it doesn't really count right?).

Childress is so desperate to look smarter than BB that it is palpable. His penchant for flapping his gums (his latest Favre comments are yet another example) before thinking things through will not help him in that endeavor.

What a buffoon. We are so lucky here in New England. Can you imagine having to put your trust in that guy?

Childress: "They stole signals, we stole signals. They were really good at it, we sucked. We knew they were doing it, but we refused to make any changes or adjustments."

Good on you Chilly, good on you.

Good article from Vikings-land commenting on this story.

I agree Chilly was not trying to go the "cheat to win" route (he said everyone did it but the Pats did it better), but he was a lunkhead for even discussing the subject.

My favorite quote from the article: "The Patriots are tied with the Jets for the best record in the NFL (5-1) this year. They were already going to be a tough team to beat."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back