PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs Release CB Stanford Routt. Any Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 thoughts on that:

1. Adding another veteran to the secondary would probably help, not hurt, given the overall level of experience.

2. Playing man coverage doesn't require that much cohesiveness from the individual CBs. It's more a question of covering your man.

The guys not the 'stabilizing' veteran

Routt and Talib out there with McCourty staying at safety would be an instant upgrade to what we have now. Sadly, though, I can easily see SMY's report being true.

And the question is... WHY?:confused:

Maybe they don't think he's that much of an upgrade (doubtful, but who knows).
Maybe they think Routt would mess the locker room, and they don't like to deal with another player with character issues.
Maybe BB didn't like what Crennel had to say about him.
Maybe is Routt who doesn't have interest.
Maybe it's all of the above.
Maybe it's nothing of that.

But possible reasons, there are a couple.

Routt did something to either piss off, or disappoint, the Chiefs. Given their relationship with BB, it's not a surprise to learn of SMY's report. I would like to know what the issue was, though, as it could shed some light on why a team that could really use CB health would rule the guy out.

Routt did something to either piss off, or disappoint, the Chiefs. Given their relationship with BB, it's not a surprise to learn of SMY's report. I would like to know what the issue was, though, as it could shed some light on why a team that could really use CB health would rule the guy out.

The Lions had Routt in but then signed Pat Lee. That could be scheme fit, talent evaluation of for financial reasons or it could be an issue with his character. But if the Lions have an issue with his character, then...whoa!!!

Stanford Routt = questionable CB

Stanford Rout = Luck-to-Fleener for 3 scores this weekend in a Colts win

Lots of bad mojo around those words for this weekend. Let's talk about the guy next week.

Regards,
Chris

Whatever he did, is it worst than fighting teammates, pistol wipping dudes, and then shooting at them? If it's not, then sign the beast.

Fighting teammates happens, but I get that its a red flag.

However do you realise that the man Talib allegedly pistol whipped and shot at is a repeat / registered sex offender previously convicted twice for sexualt assualt and is currently in jail after being arrested for sexual contact with a child?

Last edited:
Fighting teammates happens, but I get that its a red flag.

However do you realise that the man Talib allegedly pistol whipped and shot at is a repeat / registered sex offender previously convicted twice for sexualt assualt and is currently in jail after being arrested for sexual contact with a child?

If that is true, then Talib should be given a gold star for doing that!

If that is true, then Talib should be given a gold star for doing that!

All the research I am really capable of doing is what I jokingly call my due-fan-Google-diligance. (which is meant to be appropriately self-depreciating)

If you read articles about what happened that night you can easily glean some more facts and make some assumptions about what happened that night.

The man that Talib tried to pistol whip and shot at (allegedly) is Shannon Billings.

A couple links if you want to start your own "research".

Overview of why the charges against Talib were dropped - Case against Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Aqib Talib has been dismissed - Tampa Bay Times

Copy of the warrant against Talib - http://www.joebucsfan.com/media/PublicAccessProvider.pdf

Copy of Billings police testimoney - http://media.tbo.com/media/tbo/pdfs/033011talibwarrant.pdf

Mug shot and charges against Billings - Shannon Leon Billings Sex Offender in TX

Copy of statute under which Billings was later charged and given a 265,000 dollar bail - Text of Texas Penal Code Sec. 22.011.

Routt visited the Lions but left without a contract, and is reportedly visiting with an "anonymous" AFC team. The Dolphins, once reportedly in the running, have been rumored to be out.

The Buffalo game underscored the need for some decent press-man CBs in order to keep Devin McCourty at FS. Dennard is promising but still a rookie. Talib will hopefully be solid, but he has some risk, and a 3rd CB would provide insurance in case of injury and also relegate Arrington/Cole to the dime/ST role. That would also allow them to use Chung/Wilson/Gregory as more forward/downhill safeties, and to let the front 7 attack more.

As I suggested elsewhere, if I were BB I'd very quietly sneak Routt in for dinner at the Ground Round, and have something like the following conversation with him:

Great scene. If only Bill were that smart, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News