PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs are officially the new us.

You're underselling Manning a tad. He probably would have won 1 or 2 more SBs if it weren't for Brady/Patriots. Manning also stole a victory in the big Indy comeback win, so Patriots likely lost a SB there. They were great rivals.

Who are Mahomes rivals? There's Josh Allen who plays for a Bills franchise that can never win a big game. And there's Lamar, whose deficiency in throwing a football shows up in the playoff when he eventually runs into an elite defense. Then there's Joe Burrow, who is injured every other year. So for rivals, meh.

Lastly Mahomes has the offensive Goat in Reid. Then he has a big time player I Chris Jones, KC loses without him. Mahomes has it easy.
It's very difficult to undersell Manning. He got blasted in the AFCE so the NYFL gave him an expansion division to dominate. Then the problem became his 9 one and dones, many times with the top seed, and they weren't just against the Pats and Brady. He also had difficulties with Pittsburgh and that's why Polian tanked a game against the Jets to eliminate the Steelers and get the Jets in the playoffs instead. It worked until Manning threw a pick 6 to end the SB vs NO. I won't get into his lack of character which he inherited from Archie.

This year KC and Mahomes gut lucky with so many injuries to AFC QB's but they still had to go out and do it, which they did. I take my hat off to them.

Now I know why (virtually) everyone used to hate the NEP, BB and TB12 during that unbelievable run to nine AFC Championships and Six Lombardi's. Once KC sent the game into OT, I "knew" they were going to win. Just like everyone "knew" the Pats were going to beat ATL in OT in LI.

So, congratulations to the only team that can call itself a "dynasty" since our guys. It wasn't going to last forever and they still haven't matched what the BB/TB12 Pats accomplished...but they could get there.

As for all the chatter, guys like Mahomes don't want to be liked, they just want to win.

PS: the only happy moment for me as a Pats fan was when one of the announcers said, going into OT, words to the effect that "we'll soon see whether the San Francisco 49'ers can join the Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots as the only teams with six Lombardi trophies."

Tbh I don't think the media want to see Patrick to win 7 or 8 rings. They would rather prematurely call him the goat to de-motivate him. Soon they'll get tired of him winning like they got tired of Brady.

It's pretty sad that seemingly the only 2 QBs left that are capable of beating Mahomes is a constantly injured Joe Burrow and an aging Aaron Rodgers.

Mahomes might have now passed Montana, it’s debatable. Which has gotta make this all the worse for 49ers fans.
Can't talk about surpassing Joe until you do what Joe did...that's four rings.
For now, Mahomes did what only Brady and Aikman have ever done...won three of four. That's awesome and the stuff of legends and first round tickets to Canton, but it's not the stuff of GOATs until you pile up the Rings.
A threepeat not only takes him past Aikman but probably past Joe as well. Only Brady remains.

You're assuming that the AFC is going to be competitive lol
There's no QB that can go toe to toe with Mahomes
Burrow has a ****ty Oline
And the true GOAT is retired. Allen can't get his head out of his ass and Lamar is a regular season QB
True, but Mahomes has probably at most 3 more years of Reid and Kelce, he's going to have to deal with a lot of coaching and player turnover.

People who say that the Chiefs' remarkable success "doesn't take anything away from what the Patriots accomplished" are coping so ****ing hard it's not even funny. It absolutely does. The Patriots run was supposed to be unrepeatable, unapproachable, a once in a lifetime run of success. So much for that. We'll see about longevity, but for another QB to come along and outpace Brady less than a year after he left the NFL is something none of us saw coming. This whole timeline post Brady ****ing BLOWS. A living nightmare for Patriots fans who are being honest to themselves.

Good for them. It doesn't diminish anything the Pats did even if Mahomes and the Chiefs get nine rings.

The only thing that sucks about it is we are going to see what the rest of the league had to deal with the Pats for most of the two decade dynasty. Until further notice, the Chiefs are penciled into one of the AFCCG slots every year. That means the rest of the AFC are fighting for one spot in that game instead of two. And they are going to be in the big game more often than not unless they really start to fall apart.

People who say that the Chiefs' remarkable success "doesn't take anything away from what the Patriots accomplished" are coping so ****ing hard it's not even funny. It absolutely does. The Patriots run was supposed to be unrepeatable, unapproachable, a once in a lifetime run of success. So much for that. We'll see about longevity, but for another QB to come along and outpace Brady less than a year after he left the NFL is something none of us saw coming. This whole timeline post Brady ****ing BLOWS. A living nightmare for Patriots fans who are being honest to themselves.
There's a literal dynasty every decade that wins a minimum of 3 rings. Sometimes 4. We had effectively two in a row over 18 years.

I literally don't give a **** unless the Chiefs win 6. If they do, it will take another 6 or 7 years at a minimum. If they do that, then I don't give a ****, they can enjoy that distinction.

It doesn't impact my enjoyment of 2001-2018.

People really need to stop acting like the football team they root for has some more meaning than entertainment on their lives.

And if they win no more? What if this was their last?

You’re getting way ahead of your skis, jumping to conclusions, and taking this far too personally.

You’re getting way ahead of your skis, jumping to conclusions, and taking this far too personally.
Also it's kind of dumb hypthesis. By that logic, our existence took away from the Chiefs run before it started.

They will get at least 1 more for sure
Until the AFC proves they can stop them

The Patriots dominated for 20 years, 20!! Andy Reid won't be in the league 13 more season so NO I don't see any team repeating what Pats did. The problem is the NFL lacks great QB play to challenge Mahomes so the Chiefs might be able to win close to the amount of titles the Pats did but within a shorter period of time.

Last edited:
I can't say he's definitely ahead of Montana who was literally perfect. 11 td-0int , 127 rating & 4-0 vs 7td-5int & 3 rings..that's just ain't gonna cut it. I will say that he definitely surpass Peyton Manning with that performance .

You can't really replace what Reid brings. I think Sean Payton in KC would have been glorious. The only way that happens now is if he resigns/gets fired in Denver. And takes over for Reid in a year or two.

That might be moot because Reid is apparently getting an extension.
Reid has at least 4 more seasons in him, health permitting. He has the chance of passing Bill in regular season wins, playoff wins, winning%, putting him very close to Shula's career wins record. When you look at Reid's overall career, it's quite impressive, even before Mahomes.

His problem, like Mahomes vs Brady, is he's 6-7 all time against Belichick, including 0-3 in the playoffs and 0-1 in the SB. Reid probably has to win 5 to begin to match Bill's accomplishments.

It's pretty sad that seemingly the only 2 QBs left that are capable of beating Mahomes is a constantly injured Joe Burrow and an aging Aaron Rodgers.
The last pick in the draft was almost good enough yesterday.

Reid has at least 4 more seasons in him, health permitting. He has the chance of passing Bill in regular season wins, playoff wins, winning%, putting him very close to Shula's career wins record. When you look at Reid's overall career, it's quite impressive, even before Mahomes.

His problem, like Mahomes vs Brady, is he's 6-7 all time against Belichick, including 0-3 in the playoffs and 0-1 in the SB. Reid probably has to win 5 to begin to match Bill's accomplishments.
Reid is a great coach who like bill has been fortunate to have a good to great QB by his side the majority of his career (McNabb, Vick, Smith and now Mahomes). We’ve only seen him saddled with a poor QB for a handful of games in Kevin Kolb and like Bill with Mac it wasn’t going too hot. He was smart to snag Vick after his legal troubles were over or who knows how that portion of his career ends up.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back