PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cheerleaders are ruled to be employees

Status
Not open for further replies.
true
now its more of a family game, Mr Sportsfan will get killed looking at the cheerleaders if MRS sportsfan was there
LOL, I am a Mrs. Sportsfan and I don't mind anyone looking. Heck I watch them myself when at Gillette. They are featured quite a lot there. Shame on the NFL for cheaping out on taxes on their pay. Although years ago, the cheerleaders at Gillette (who obviously put a lot of work in) were "volunteers," and when they demanded pay they were dismissed. The Patriots had no cheerleaders for several years, but they were eventually brought back, probably because all the other teams have them, and as someone pointed out, make $$ off them through calendars and such.

Even a blind man could've seen this ruling coming.

Hey Roguh! How's that whole "integrity" thing comin'?

LOL, I am a Mrs. Sportsfan and I don't mind anyone looking. Heck I watch them myself when at Gillette. They are featured quite a lot there. Shame on the NFL for cheaping out on taxes on their pay. Although years ago, the cheerleaders at Gillette (who obviously put a lot of work in) were "volunteers," and when they demanded pay they were dismissed. The Patriots had no cheerleaders for several years, but they were eventually brought back, probably because all the other teams have them, and as someone pointed out, make $$ off them through calendars and such.
Oh i agree, with the money the NFL ranks in, they should be paid well, better than 10/hour. peruaps a couple/few hundred per game

but I also agree its something that is not vital to the game, they really wont be missed (at least by the home viewers)

I met a Pats' cheerleader at a bar a couple years back @ an Italian place in Merrimack by the Harley Davidson dealership. I was shocked at A) how short she was and B) how thick her thighs were. She was really nice and chatted me and my wife up for a while until I realized the 3 way wasn't gonna happen.

This has nothing to do with the topic.

So, the question I know everyone has been waiting to ask?

What does this mean for the musketeers? How much back-pay does Bob owe them?

I agree with Deus that this is likely to lead to some teams just eliminating their cheerleader squad, however, I also agree this is a no brainer ruling. Cheerleader squads aren't just the good feeling-eye candy during games, teams now have them go out and represent them in some PR instances with rigid on going qualifications. Considering it all if they are not employees it is a bit worrying what employers could do in terms of signifying IC status to some employees.
As far as the NFL/some teams? Shabby behavior per usual. They couldn't have given them a modest salary? Too much cost?? Really???

There's an old saying that goes 'why does the magician always have the beautiful assistant?'. Because the vast majority of people will have their attention temporarily captured by her. This allows the magician to activate the ruse. Get it??

So, the question I know everyone has been waiting to ask?

What does this mean for the musketeers? How much back-pay does Bob owe them?

They are strictly volunteers. I know one of the captains and they are football fans and do it for free(and see the game for free) about 10 of them also attend Revs games and tailgate with the Supporters groups pre and post game.

they were dismissed. The Patriots had no cheerleaders for several years.
I believe there was a deflation issue in NE during those lean years while the rest of the NFL squads were properly inflated. Krafty kicked them to the curb
images

God bless Groupon

upload_2016-1-9_17-40-40.jpegupload_2016-1-9_17-44-49.jpeg

Wasn't the whole spygate crap caused by some perv camera guy that moved up to film cheerleaders?

In any event, great ruling. And not just for cheerleaders.

Wasn't the whole spygate crap caused by some perv camera guy that moved up to film cheerleaders?

In any event, great ruling. And not just for cheerleaders.
not quite
The camera guy had film of the cheerleaders. The fink knew he was filming defensive signals from an illegal location, film that was turned over to roger had cheerleaders on it,

I met a Pats' cheerleader at a bar a couple years back @ an Italian place in Merrimack by the Harley Davidson dealership. I was shocked at A) how short she was and B) how thick her thighs were. She was really nice and chatted me and my wife up for a while until I realized the 3 way wasn't gonna happen.

This has nothing to do with the topic.
I had a class with a Patriots cheerleader some time ago. She was a ***** and not particularly attractive. She had thunder thighs too.

And no, I'm not saying she was a ***** because she shot me down or anything silly like that because I never paid any attention to her because I really didn't find her attractive and can honestly say I wasn't remotely interested, despite the novelty of her being a pro cheerleader. Now the girl who sat next to her was incredibly hot and was also dating my school's Hobie Baker candidate. :D

My first wife was a pom pom girl...yeah, I came home late one night from working overtime and all I could hear coming from the bedroom was "pom...pom...pom pom pom..'. I opened the door and found her doing splits on top of Serge' the poolboy...well, sis boom bah, I hit her with a divorce decree the very next morning....:mad:

Last edited:
No-brainer.

Hey NFL and Goodell, great job getting in front of this one, and doing what was right, before it got to court. Because it's all about integrity.

Why do they even have cheerleaders still...Games I've been to they are a total non-factor.

Except the NFL has nothing to do with this. Cheerleaders are hired by the individual franchises, not by the NFL.

Blame Goodell only if you're a tool, but this one is on the owners..

They are pretty much useless in todays game, unless, your are bored and looking for eye candy

Cheerleaders do a crap load more than just be at games. TONS of charity work as ambassadors for the team.

It was not the NFL who cheapened "out on paying taxes". It was the individual team owners. The NFL, as an entity, has nothing to do with individual teams hiring cheerleaders or how the cheerleaders are paid..

Cheerleaders do a crap load more than just be at games. TONS of charity work as ambassadors for the team.

First of all, I appreciate you responding on why you disagreed with my post, but my original comment was about "in todays game", where they do not provide the entertainment as they did in years past, prior to the mid 70s

Sure, they do a lot of charity work, and most of it is volunteered, which is why i am heavily in favor of them getting a few hundred per game. Its the off field things they do is much unappreciated

First of all, I appreciate you responding on why you disagreed with my post, but my original comment was about "in todays game", where they do not provide the entertainment as they did in years past, prior to the mid 70s

Sure, they do a lot of charity work, and most of it is volunteered, which is why i am heavily in favor of them getting a few hundred per game. Its the off field things they do is much unappreciated

Again, this is what you seem to be oblivious to. The charity work is mandatory for them to be part of the team. They have to go to x number of charity events that the PR department schedules as part of their contract. That's the way it is with the Patriots. That's the way it is with other teams, including the Cowboys.

Maybe your problem is that you don't understand that the game facet is now a minor thing in comparison to the rest of the things they do.

Except the NFL has nothing to do with this. Cheerleaders are hired by the individual franchises, not by the NFL.

Blame Goodell only if you're a tool, but this one is on the owners..
Nfl could have stepped in front of this.

I wish the Pats would replace the Cheerleaders with a bunch of fat, nutty guys without shirts rolling around in the snow (or manufactured snow) with foam coming form their mouths. The insanity would certainly get the crowd of nutty New Englanders riled up more than anyone with pom poms. I'm certainly not bashing this ruling, but it'd be great to see something different to give the Pats the "edge."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore