PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Ochocinco Possible Breakout Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. Someone needs to sit next to Ocho on the bench and keep him company.

How did that get through the filter. OK, it's not a thread title, I thought Ian had screwed up.
:cool:

Thread will be coming shortly. Should make for an interesting discussion we haven't seen the likes of

I was about to give up on Ocho finally having a breakout game, until his father died last week. He may be sidelined for the no-huddle, but I do think he'll have a breakout game this time. He knows the Ravens D, he'll help Brady expose it. Contributing to the 30-9 blowout that I have the Pats winning.

I was about to give up on Ocho finally having a breakout game, until his father died last week. He may be sidelined for the no-huddle, but I do think he'll have a breakout game this time. He knows the Ravens D, he'll help Brady expose it. Contributing to the 30-9 blowout that I have the Pats winning.

likey likey ...

Right. There isn't enough film on the Ravens D for BB, BOB, JMcD or Brady to review. Really?

They don't trust 85 enough to have a breakout game.

Could this be the game where Chad Ochocinco breaks out and dominates like he could? He still has all the physical tools, and has shown that he can beat one on one coverage in his sleep when the time is right. The time will probably be right this Sunday... and if that happens, then the game will be over early. Baltimore's defense may want to stand by if Chad gets going and starts to gain confidence this Sunday. You know he is going to be pumped up, excited and ready to play for this playoff game...

Isn't this week 18 of the possible ocho breakout game?

It's been several years. DUde is washed up

"Several years"?

The "dude" averaged 6/80 in two wins over BAL two years ago. He went 4/44 (2nd leading receiver behind Owens) out of a total 159 passing yards in wk-2 last season (Cinci won). Ocho was out, injured, for the late-season rematch. All this was with pouty-man Carson (Mr. Pick-Six) Palmer throwing.

Two TEs and a slot guy caught over 70% of everything Brady threw at them this season, amassing more passing yards just among the three of them than the Pats entire offense did for five of Brady's first six years as a starter. And the 4th leading pass-catcher of 2011 was Brady's soul-mate, Branch. Seriously, you were expecting OCho to crack that line-up. You were really expecting him to be so damn good compared to these literal record-setters that he'd somehow take over a significant amount of their targets? That somehow BB and BoB and Brady were going to go away from what was working so well to give Ocho (or anyone else) more targets?

They don't trust 85 enough to have a breakout game.

Apparently, the Pats' don't trust anyone besides 81, 83 and 87. Even 84 has seen his targets dwindle the last few weeks. Can you blame them (or Ocho)? Those first three guys have been burning down the house. Why would they screw with that?

Apparently, the Pats' don't trust anyone besides 81, 83 and 87. Even 84 has seen his targets dwindle the last few weeks. Can you blame them (or Ocho)? Those first three guys have been burning down the house. Why would they screw with that?

If Moss is re-signed there will be more trust within the locker room

What classifies as break-out? Being in on more than 20 plays? Getting more than 7 balls thrown your way?, making 5+ catches for Ocho.

It will be interestign to see what happens to him next year, but it's not looking good for him and the Patriots.

Still, you hear nothing bad about him being a locker room cancer or causing issues withthe team or media (which, combined with BB's probable personal like for him has saved him a roster spot...for now).

With that said, I hope he has a game or two where he lights it up (or lacking that is atleast clutch in a key moment).

Okay here it is ... Brady in the shotgun ... snap to Brady and he hands off to Chad who runs to the right and throws a TD pass to Rabowski ... Touchdown to win the game ... :p:p:p

Could this be the game where Chad Ochocinco breaks out and dominates like he could? He still has all the physical tools, and has shown that he can beat one on one coverage in his sleep when the time is right. The time will probably be right this Sunday... and if that happens, then the game will be over early. Baltimore's defense may want to stand by if Chad gets going and starts to gain confidence this Sunday. You know he is going to be pumped up, excited and ready to play for this playoff game...

Someone has been calling for this almost every week this season and we have yet to see it. Other than the Jets rematch and one play against the Broncos in December he has done basically nothing. I will believe his breakout game when I see it, but not a moment before.

Someone has been calling for this almost every week this season and we have yet to see it. Other than the Jets rematch and one play against the Broncos in December he has done basically nothing. I will believe his breakout game when I see it, but not a moment before.

I will be rooting for him...if he is successful so are the Pats!! GO "85"!!!

Plus it would be cool to rag on the Ravens fans if he burns them for 2 TDs...LOL

People please stopping these threads from week one.

Okay here it is ... Brady in the shotgun ... snap to Brady and he hands off to Chad who runs to the right and throws a TD pass to Rabowski ... Touchdown to win the game ... :p:p:p

Given his "un-precise" route-running issues all year, a good chance Chad runs to the left when he should be running to the right.

Damn, I can't WAIT to make this same thread next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes