And that is your opinion

16 Games in 2010
393 Yards Receiving
28 Receptions
5 TDs

Those were Chad Jackson Type stats

Hell,with a little training,I could do better than that! :cool:

The writing is on the wall for Randy Gene Moss
...problem is some dilusional fans can't read that writing.

Last edited:
16 Games in 2010
393 Yards Receiving
28 Receptions
5 TDs

Those were Chad Jackson Type stats

Hell,with a little training,I could do better than that! :cool:

The writing is on the wall for Randy Gene Moss
...problem is some dilusional fans can't read that writing.

He went to 3 different teams during that time, and was basically frozen out in Tennessee because of another receiver having the same role, so I don't really see why you'd point to the numbers. Belichick clearly thought he was still dangerous when the Patriots faced the Vikings. What he thinks of him now is unknown.

He went to 3 different teams during that time, and was basically frozen out in Tennessee because of another receiver having the same role, so I don't really see why you'd point to the numbers. Belichick clearly thought he was still dangerous when the Patriots faced the Vikings. What he thinks of him now is unknown.

If Moss was still as great as some here think he is,He would have EASILY retained the #2 WR job in Tennessee or maybe even #1 and would have put up more than 500 yards or so.

Belichick probably thinks he is better off without this prima donna wanting the ball thrown his way all game and into heavy traffic....
Its obvious from last year that Belichick has always loved when Brady was throwing to the open man and not forcing throws ...and it showed with 325 passes without an INT...With Moss here no way it gets to even 200 straight.

Despite the 2007 heroics...Brady is,has been,and will always be best when there are NO stars,whiners or flashy 'its all about me' characters roaming down the sidelines as his targets.

Last edited:
If Moss was still as great as some here think he is,He would have EASILY retained the #2 WR job in Tennessee or maybe even #1 and would have put up more than 500 yards or so.

Belichick probably thinks he is better off without this prima donna wanting the ball thrown his way all game and into heavy traffic....
Its obvious from last year that Belichick has always loved when Brady was throwing to the open man and not forcing throws ...and it showed with 325 passes without an INT...With Moss here no way it gets to even 200 straight.

Despite the 2007 heroics...Brady is,has been,and will always be best when there are NO stars,whiners or flashy 'its all about me' characters roaming down the sidelines as his targets.

Moss was a mid-season addition, and he's a deep threat receiver, not a short area receiver. Why on Earth would Tennessee deliberately misuse him?

And your comment about Brady is just flat out wrong.

You okay man? You should lie down

Last edited:
Moss was a mid-season addition, and he's a deep threat receiver, not a short area receiver. Why on Earth would Tennessee deliberately misuse him?

And your comment about Brady is just flat out wrong.

First off Moss is NOW a joke as a deep threat anymore...one push off from a CB at the LOS and Randy puts on his famous no show in-play routine that he has been really good at recently and majored at it when he was in Oakland and it's baaaaaacccccckkkkk.

So you are saying that Brady is NOT a better QB when he has little known WRs who just want to be a part of a winning team and not about themselves?

I beg to differ,Brady IS at his best in an offense with nobody well known...other than 2007, I can provide video of 3 Patriots world championships just chock full of WTF WRs for you to watch.

As far as Brady loving to play with Moss...he probably felt that way in 2007....I would bet the house he was not in anyway upset when Moss was turned loose from NEs roster 3 years later.

YOU are once again wrong.....very wrong

Last edited:
So you are saying that Brady is NOT a better QB when he has little known WRs who just want to be a part of a winning team and not about themselves?

I beg to differ,Brady IS at his best in an offense with nobody well known...other than 2007, I can provide video of 3 Patriots world championships just chock full of WTF WRs for you to watch.

As far as Brady loving to play with Moss...he probably felt that way in 2007....I would bet the house he was not in anyway upset when Moss was turned loose from NEs roster 3 years later.

YOU are once again wrong.....very wrong

Brady's best years have been 2007, 2009 and 2010, with 2004 and 2005 behind that (those being the peak years of Branch and Givens, when they were known and at the height of their talents). There is absolutely no doubt that he's been better with known, top end receivers.

As far as "loving" playing with Moss, I couldn't care less about that part of your post. You're just guessing, and I'd just be guessing in return.

Last edited:
Brady's best years have been 2007, 2009 and 2010, with 2004 and 2005 behind that (those being the peak years of Branch and Givens, when they were known and at the height of their talents). There is absolutely no doubt that he's been better with known, top end receivers.

As far as "loving" playing with Moss, I couldn't care less about that part of your post. You're just guessing, and I'd just be guessing in return.

Remember Branch and Givens were a product of the Patriots system and a superb job by Weis and Company.....look at what Givens and Branch did on other teams...nada

You can show all the stats you want,Brady had offenses in 01,03 and 04 that defenses could rarely figure out and plan for....the Pats defense was a big factor those years but if we had self centered guys at the WR position moaning every time they were not the main attraction,I really don't know if we win any of those SBs.

The Pats will win another championship when Brady and Co. have once again formed more locker room leadership and a TEAM mentality.....that has been lacking since 2005 but there are signs of it coming back with some really good looking team oriented players from the past few drafts.

Last edited:
Remember Branch and Givens were a product of the Patriots system and a superb job by Weis and Company.....look at what Givens and Branch did on other teams...nada

Are you kidding me with this? Givens suffered a career ending injury, for crying out loud. Branch had a couple of good, not great years in Seattle slowed by injuries before he really got hurt and missed half a season. So, yeah, if you ignore what actually happened, you can pretend you've got a point.

You can show all the stats you want,Brady had offenses in 01,03 and 04 that defenses could rarely figure out and plan for....the Pats defense was a big factor those years but if we had self centered guys at the WR position moaning every time they were not the main attraction,I really don't know if we win any of those SBs.

The Pats will win another championship when Brady and Co. have once again formed more locker room leadership and a TEAM mentality.....that has been lacking since 2005 but there are signs of it coming back with some really good looking team oriented players from the past few drafts.

Whether you like it or not, Brady has performed better when he's had higher skilled, bigger named receivers than he has when he's had lesser players. And the Patriots could have won a Super Bowl in 2007 if Brady, Neal and Brady hadn't all been injured. The Patriots could have won a Super Bowl in 2008 if Brady hadn't been lost for the season, and 2009-2010 have seen the defense in a state of collapse and rebuild. The problem hasn't been TEAM mentality, it's been injuries and talent.

Last edited:
Wow, everytime someone puts Chad Johnson I have no idea who they're talking about :rofl:

I salute the OP's decision to say Chad Johnson. :cool:

I'm all for creativity, I'm a staunch advocate of honoring a person's right to be called what they want to be called ~ within reason ~ and I'm actually a big, big fan of the guy...But "Chad Eight Five" is simply too idiotic a term for me to sign off on.

On the lighter side, I'll never forget the video of BB telling Ochocinco that they were going to double-cover him all day and 85 in the middle of the field yelling "Bill! Bill!" Pretty funny stuff. In case you missed it YouTube - Chad Ocho Cinco and Bill Belichick

Great stuff, man. Thanks!! :D

Yeah, I've always enjoyed that relationship, and yet it doesn't surprise me in the least. For all his foibles, Chad Johnson has immense respect for this game, and one of the hardest working guy in it.

It was actually his ringing endorsement of Leigh Bodden, a couple years ago, that was the biggest reason I was SCREAMING for us to get him, and absolutely ECSTATIC when ~ to my shocked amazement ~ we DID: You hear enough BS over the years, and Authentic Truth stands out in sharp relief. CJ has deep respect for Bodden ~ he's the one who knocked Chad SILLY a few years back, if y'all remember ~ and that, based on CJ's unheralded passion as a great Student of the Game who truly honors his rivals...is good enough for me. :cool:

I don't think that this is so cut and dry. Let's look at what 85's game is first.

The guy can run every route in the tree.

He understands option routes and coverages. Has a great feel for zones. Catches the ball away from his body. Will compete for close balls. Competitor. Can still separate well. Can play either outside position.

On paper that is everything the Patriots want from his receivers. He will thrive in an option route system like the Patriots have.

#1 reason I'd rather have him starting opposite Branch than Welker. It'd add a whole new dimension to the offense: 15-20 yard routes on the right side of the field.

Very strong Argument, gentleman.

Even so, I'm just not sure: Seems to me that he's more'f a Possession Receiver at this point.

But the fact of Deion Branch being our only veteran on the Outside ~ Wes Welker clearly being a Slot End ~ does argue in favor of bringing the guy in.

Hopefully, the rosters expand, and we carry 6.

Its not 2007 anymore,but some of you still don't get it though

The 2010 Tennessee Titans who have a laughingstock of a WR corps didn't even try and get Randy relevant in a game because simply he was out there doing all he could to be a non factor

Some of you need to get it in your thick skulls that Randy is back to the Randy of old..he is once again a Raider at heart,a guy who wants a huge paycheck but does not want to perform up to the standard.....

Even worse he is an OLDER player,at least then he had everything going but didnt perform because he simply did not want to play and 3 teams from 2010 say he is a piece of sh!t as a WR anymore and without doubt a cancer when he is not the star of the show.

Randy is not worthy of anything more than a vet minimum contract unless it was just a 'fluke' in 2010 from 3 teams who saw that he brought 'nothing' to the table but aggravation to the team.

He is a washed up old WR whose best days are G-O-N-E,the HOF will certainly be his for the taking but its in the past and 2007 does not exist anymore...the old saying goes "what have you done for me lately",the answer is ZIP.

If you ever feel like betting that Moss will come close to earshot of 1000 yards as a receiver in 2011, feel free to put up some cash.

Moss,like Chad Johnson and T.O. are washed up and should be hanging their cleats up soon before they embarrass themselves and ruin what was once an unforgettable career.

Moss is now trying to suck up to the Pats F.O. to take him back because he wants to waste more money from an NFL owners wallet...,if its other than being the Gatorade boy here,I would pass.

I want to bring Randy Moss back and let him try to earn a job, at the minimum, just like Tory Holt or Chad Galloway...

Even so, I'm just not sure: Seems to me that he's more'f a Possession Receiver at this point.

But the fact of Deion Branch being our only veteran on the Outside ~ Wes Welker clearly being a Slot End ~ does argue in favor of bringing the guy in.

What, specifically, do you mean by "possession receiver"? I've heard that term many times and often with seemingly different meanings.

Anyway, I thought your main focus was just on moving the chains, mine certainly is. If he can work the outside and deep zones I think that would round out the receiving corp quite nicely even if he doesnt necessarily break away like a DeSean Jackson.

Who was the last person that BB signed who was a media whore? And he is a media whore and I'm not criticising him for that. Its worked out well for him but BB and a media whore, sounds like a horror movie to me.

Last edited:
What, specifically, do you mean by "possession receiver"? I've heard that term many times and often with seemingly different meanings.

If I had to guess, I would think he means a guy that primarily moves the sticks, makes some crucial catches to extend the drive/ 3rd down receptions, etc. Someone like a Hines Ward, or even our own David Givens. Someone who isn't going to necessarily be a deep threat, but who can still make some mid range/moderately long catches a few times a year.

The problem with the 'possession receiver' tag is that it is hard to apply it to our current offense. We know that it isn't a guy like Tate, but it could very well be a guy like Welker--or even Branch from time to time. With the way Brady spreads the ball around, it is a bit more difficult to phrase that term here in New England.

Anyway, I thought your main focus was just on moving the chains, mine certainly is. If he can work the outside and deep zones I think that would round out the receiving corp quite nicely even if he doesnt necessarily break away like a DeSean Jackson.

I would advise you to address your posts towards folks who consider you worth responding to, kiddo.

Good luck with that.

I would advise you to address your posts towards folks who consider you worth responding to, kiddo.

Good luck with that.

Doh, and here I thought you were would have original thoughts about how receivers differ from one another and would even have even invented new names for them. While that might be a bit much I guess asking you to define a term you use (possession receiver) is also proving a bit much.

That's ok, I'm sure you secretly have actual reasons to back up your opinion of Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back