PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, searched but didn't find anything. Anyway some interesting comments from Chad here..

"To be able to play for an organization like [the Patriots], I'd be the happiest player in the world. To me, if any player can play there, they have that respect. But I'm under contract [with the Bengals].

A lot of people say my style of play would be weird in that system, but the thing they don't realize is that I don't have to be Chad Johnson. I [wouldn't] have to be Ochocino in the media, because I'm finally getting what I've wanted. Winning. Winning. Listen, I create this party, I create this guy that loves football that's like a little kid out there. ... I'm trying to cram as much [expletive] fun as possible into the games as I can. ... [In New England], I wouldn't have to do that [expletive]. I wouldn't have to celebrate. Celebrate for what? I'll score 30 [expletive] times!

Belichick knows me, see, this is what I love about the New England Patriots, I'm close to that man on a personal level. They already know that behind the fun, behind the celebrations, they know how hard I work"

Chad Ochocino Says Playing for Patriots Would Make Him 'Happiest Player in the World' - New England Patriots - NESN.com

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, searched but didn't find anything. Anyway some interesting comments from Chad here..

"To be able to play for an organization like [the Patriots], I'd be the happiest player in the world. To me, if any player can play there, they have that respect. But I'm under contract [with the Bengals].

A lot of people say my style of play would be weird in that system, but the thing they don't realize is that I don't have to be Chad Johnson. I [wouldn't] have to be Ochocino in the media, because I'm finally getting what I've wanted. Winning. Winning. Listen, I create this party, I create this guy that loves football that's like a little kid out there. ... I'm trying to cram as much [expletive] fun as possible into the games as I can. ... [In New England], I wouldn't have to do that [expletive]. I wouldn't have to celebrate. Celebrate for what? I'll score 30 [expletive] times!

Belichick knows me, see, this is what I love about the New England Patriots, I'm close to that man on a personal level. They already know that behind the fun, behind the celebrations, they know how hard I work"

Chad Ochocino Says Playing for Patriots Would Make Him 'Happiest Player in the World' - New England Patriots - NESN.com

I didn't catch this one. Good find. I'm still unsure if Cincy would be willing to let him go for the cheap.

I saw this a couple days ago and I loved this line.....
I wouldn't have to celebrate. Celebrate for what? I'll score 30 [expletive] times!

Ridiculous. Even when he's trying to talk about someone or something else all he can do is talk about himself. No thanks.

Can't wait to see him in a Pats jersey.:D

That prety much answers everyone concerns. He is basically saying he will shut up, work hard and play hard...sign him!

I want him on the Patriots. will Cincicut him or do we need to trade for him?

Depends on how much money he's looking for; if he's willing to come here for a couple million (significantly less than he could get somewhere else), then sure, I'm intrigued. He is exactly the kind of player that the Pats need, and he's hard-working and intelligent. The showmanship is a bit of a concern, sure, but if not for that he wouldn't be available in the first place. Sometimes, it seems like people only want guys who are 27 years old, prototypical system fits, top-tier athletic specimens, and perfect locker room presences with no injury history. That's great, we all want that, but guys like that don't just become available. You have to compromise on something, and the guy has played his entire career in Cincy. Who knows what he would be like in a stable, winning environment, surrounded by guys who care and approach the game the right way.

Last edited:
Our only real need at WR is to add a legitimate and credible deep threat.

Chad Johnson once was a deep threat - but if his 2010 season is any indication, he no longer has those skills.

Ochco-Cinco on the pats and Moss on the jets. It will m ake for interesting year.

What, specifically, do you mean by "possession receiver"? I've heard that term many times and often with seemingly different meanings.

Think TJ Houshmanzadeh from a few years ago compared with DeSean Jackson. TJ had so many catches and they looked at him alot and he picked up alot of first downs. DJax runs go routes and post routes. He's not a slant or hitch route runner.

LOL What was the latest sign Schefter saw...when he got tossed off the bull??

Not. Gonna. Happen. Dillon wasn't an attention whore. Chad can't help himself, never could. He and Palmer couldn't get on the same page after years together in a simpler offense. There was clearly fault on both sides, but even when they were contending Chad couldn't check that ego. He's also a finger pointer and a whiner when he's not targeted. Jealousy, the need for attention, the lack of accountability...anyone who thinks that's a fit here doesn't get what here is all about. I know Bill likes him as an entertaining personality on some other shmucks roster. That's not the kind of persona he taps for his own.

What's that old saying, nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there...

You're pretty far out on the limb with this one, Mo. We'll see. ;)

TO has more left in the tank than 85, and I'm not sure that I want him, either.

TO has more left in the tank than 85, and I'm not sure that I want him, either.

With TO, the question isn't (and never has been) talent. The issue with TO is that he's a) recovering from an ACL tear, and b) has torn apart every locker room he's ever been a part of. Neither is the case with Chad.

85 Ocho Cinco will have to be 81 Johnson on the PATS. The Ocho Cinco name needs to go and bring back the old chad Johnson name tag 85='s Hernandez. Aaron was 81 @ Florida, but he should not have to forfeit his #.

Chad clearly respects BB. If brought into the winning atmosphere of the PATS and as a new minion of BB; I am willing to bet he won't be 3/4's of a hotdog that he has been w/ Cinci. I give Chad a chance. Tate unfortunately is the expendable WR if Chad is signed or can we have both?

Last edited:
I would love for someone to explain to me how Ocho would help the Patriots. Sure, he talks a good game, I truly beleive he works hard, but he is NOT THE PLAYER HE THINKS HE IS!

Oh, and you would release Tate (young, fast, st too) for Ocho (old, dimished skill set and probably getting worse). Really? C'mon.....

Anyone who wants Ocho on the Pats must be a twitter Jock sniffer. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

Last edited:
I would love for someone to explain to me how Ocho would help the Patriots. Sure, he talks a good game, I truly beleive he works hard, but he is NOT THE PLAYER HE THINKS HE IS!

Oh, and you would release Tate (young, fast, st too) for Ocho (old, dimished skill set and probably getting worse). Really? C'mon.....

Anyone who wants Ocho on the Pats must be a twitter Jock sniffer. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

if that is the only explaination you can come up with...then haters gonna hate, I guess....

Last year, on a crappy Cincinatti team (who's QB basically gave up), Ochocinco still had 67 receptions and averaged 12.4yrds a catch, 4 tds in 14 games. In 2009, Ochocinco had one of his better years as well.

Listen, his work ethic has never been questioned. He works tirelessly and has a desire to win like no other in the league. His route running is great and he is a reasonable deep threat...to compare him to tate, even based off of just last year, Ochocinco is clearly the better player....you think that he wouldn't excel with Brady as his QB? He has been dealing with the likes of Kitna and Palmer his entire career...

Not to mention - Belichick Loves the guy, and has for a long time - quotes from a sept, 2010 article

"The first time I met Chad was at USC when I worked him out there on the USC campus, because he is from California – from LA – or he was at that time. [We] kind of ran him into the ground. It was a good workout. It was very impressive.

"He was, I’d say, a little raw coming out of college but very talented and clearly he made the transition very quickly to picking up the skills and techniques and so forth that maybe he didn’t get a chance to do in college. He picked those up in a hurry. [He’s] related to Keyshawn [Johnson], so we kind of stayed in touch with him through the years there and then got to spend some time with him a couple years ago out there at the Pro Bowl.

"I like Chad. I like him as a player. I like him as a person. I like his enthusiasm and the fun he has with football, and I like how he competes on the football field. I have a lot of respect for that. [We’re] an odd couple, but in the end I think we have a lot of things in common."

Getting Ochocinco is a no-freaking-brainer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back