PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics trade Kendrick Perkins to OKC; get Jeff Green

Perhaps the C's are worried about Perk's knee?

If they think he is going to be hampered he may not help them. West is supposed to be back, Bradley is on the Portland team. They must think that The O'Neils will be back for the playoff's.

The Clipper pick could be the #7 and in the lottery?

What a shocker.....

I read somewhere that it was a protected 10. Not sure how that works.

I read somewhere that it was a protected 10. Not sure how that works.

probably means something along the lines of it turning into their '13 1st rounder if the '12 would be a top 10 pick?

How do you guys trade away one of the better defensive centers in the league and a great back-up guard for a couple of role players? Celts fans had better pray that Shaq is healthy and will remain that way for the rest of the year. What was Ainge thinking?

Last edited:
Careful, your knee might hit you in the head.
Ainge is still right behind BB in the GM position. The guy is one of the best judges of talent. How many years did the Celtics go without a championship? Did you post anything after the Celtics traded it's pick for Ray Allen? Do you think Danny doesn't have another shoe to drop? My guess is we will try and win a championship this year with whoever Danny brings in with buyouts. Then, go after Dwight Howard next year.
Oh, one more thing. How come no one talks about Jefferson anymore?

Yeah lets not go for one more title with the same lineup we won with in 2008. Lets tarde away our C and rely on buyouts to try and get back to the Finals. Shaq cant stay, and this scrub from OKC isnt going to shut down Howard or anyone on the Heat.

Brilliant! Kevin McHale made Ainge look like he was a good GM.

Yeah lets not go for one more title with the same lineup we won with in 2008. Lets tarde away our C and rely on buyouts to try and get back to the Finals. Shaq cant stay, and this scrub from OKC isnt going to shut down Howard or anyone on the Heat.

Brilliant! Kevin McHale made Ainge look like he was a good GM.

Please name a GM in the NBA who is a better judge of talent then Ainge.
I would list the players Ainge drafted, heck drafted in round 2, but don't think it would make any difference with you. I like my GM's with a kill instinct. Ainge has it. I'm so sorry your giving up on this season. I guess you won't be back.

Please name a GM in the NBA who is a better judge of talent then Ainge.
I would list the players Ainge drafted, heck drafted in round 2, but don't think it would make any difference with you. I like my GM's with a kill instinct. Ainge has it. I'm so sorry your giving up on this season. I guess you won't be back.

I really like Ainge, but to answer your question:
Mitch Kupchak

Marquise Daniels has been traded to Sacramento for cash.

That leaves three roster openings for the Celtics.

Definitely there is something more to come in the way of signing a veteran ... we will soon see.

It certainly opens up the possibilities for the moves the Celtics will be making in the coming months. Not sure if I am a fan of losing Perk but it is what it is.

I really like Ainge, but to answer your question:
Mitch Kupchak

I'm listening. Kupchak managed some lopsided trades, but I'm not aware of his judgment in talent. Much like the Lakers, the Celtics have drafted late in the draft. Ainge seems to continuously draft players who fill roles or who are used in deals to acquire other players.

Up until these trades the Celtics were considered a favorite to win it all this year. If this it they just flushed that down the toilet.

Have to think another trade is in the works. Relying on both O'Neals to be healthy seems like a poor gamble, and even if Jermaine comes back, we wind up w/2 out of 3 centers who are fairly soft.

maybe the Clippers pick is being packaged somewhere?

I could understand the deals for the reasons stated, plus the fact that, if healthy, there could be too many guys for a playoff rotation -- again, though, it seems premature to be making that gamble.

13, what did you mean about Bradley / Portland? (West is back, though -- played versus Golden State)

Bradley is a very good defender coming out of HS he was rated above Wall. He was injured in college, he wasn't getting much PT but looked to be an + defender, supposedly he had a good offensive game in HS and was scoring at Texas before his injury. Perhaps Robinson had to go to get him back on the roster.

I was reading that this move could mean that the C see Miami & SA as the competition for the Championship and not LA & Orlando, the writer said the trade would help with those match ups.

Gutsy move in any event.

This team now has 0 chance of winning another title any time soon. Ainge is a moron.

Lets just trade away our C who was our one HUGE advantage over the Heat and Magic.

Ugh..
christ you are a moron lmao:D go jump of a bridge or something:D

Bradley is a very good defender coming out of HS he was rated above Wall. He was injured in college, he wasn't getting much PT but looked to be an + defender, supposedly he had a good offensive game in HS and was scoring at Texas before his injury. Perhaps Robinson had to go to get him back on the roster.

I was reading that this move could mean that the C see Miami & SA as the competition for the Championship and not LA & Orlando, the writer said the trade would help with those match ups.

Gutsy move in any event.

I'll wait on this one. It might be like the Ray Allan trade. That was a big WTF moment, and it worked out prettty well.

there are already rumors of a rasheed wallace return. i was shocked when i heard of this trade but i reserve judgment until the dust settles. i do like getting the clippers first rounder and i have a lot of confidence in danny ainge.

Last edited:

Gutsy move in any event.

ah, you were talking about Avery Bradley? (wasn't sure what you meant b/c of the Portland reference) He's been on the roster. He is supposed to be a good defender, but I haven't seen enough of him to have any opinion.

there are already rumors of a rasheed wallace return. i was shocked when i heard of this trade but i reserve judgment until the dust settles. i do like getting the clippers first rounder and i have a lot of confidence in danny ainge.

Rasheed? That sounds like a horrible idea. He wasn't in shape last year -- I can't imagine he's ready to play after taking half a season off.

I was thinking about this today and this is just a thought.....A lot of people said that BB built the pats to beat their nemesis the colts with the high powered offense......I am wondering if the same is true with the Celts.....Yes I understand that Orlando has Howard but he is only 1 player....The rest of the east is loaded with teams/players that like to get up and down the floor and perk just isn't that type of player....Plus I was reading that Perk wanted to test the FA waters after this season so getting what they could for him wasn't a bad move.....I am pretty sure the C's will sign Troy Murphy and probably another vet out there, a rumor is Leon Powe might be coming back.....I do understand that without Perk the Fakers will be tougher if we meet in the Finals but whose to say Bynum will even be healthy then.....I still think the Core in place and the way these players play when they come to boston it won't be a huge deal....I still like my C's out of the east and onto the FInals...

I was thinking about this today and this is just a thought.....A lot of people said that BB built the pats to beat their nemesis the colts with the high powered offense......I am wondering if the same is true with the Celts.....Yes I understand that Orlando has Howard but he is only 1 player....The rest of the east is loaded with teams/players that like to get up and down the floor and perk just isn't that type of player....Plus I was reading that Perk wanted to test the FA waters after this season so getting what they could for him wasn't a bad move.....I am pretty sure the C's will sign Troy Murphy and probably another vet out there, a rumor is Leon Powe might be coming back.....I do understand that without Perk the Fakers will be tougher if we meet in the Finals but whose to say Bynum will even be healthy then.....I still think the Core in place and the way these players play when they come to boston it won't be a huge deal....I still like my C's out of the east and onto the FInals...
If the Celtics win out in the East the size of the Lakers, Thunder and Spurs is going to be problematic. Actually it will be more than problematic.

Rasheed? That sounds like a horrible idea. He wasn't in shape last year -- I can't imagine he's ready to play after taking half a season off.

i wouldnt mind having him come off the bench in the playoffs. its not like he has to go thru a entire year.

amazing how ainge can ruin a great team in one day

16-0 run to end the game for the nuggs? wow

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST