PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics trade Kendrick Perkins to OKC; get Jeff Green

amazing how ainge can ruin a great team in one day

16-0 run to end the game for the nuggs? wow
The Celtics had 8 active players tonight. How about waiting out the process rather than reacting to 1 performance?

amazing how ainge can ruin a great team in one day

16-0 run to end the game for the nuggs? wow

THE TEAM ISN'T RUINED!!!!!!
Look guys, I was like WTF when I first heard of all the trades too, but lets look at the overall picture. Perk was good, in fact one of my favorite players, but he was hurt, almost all season, and look how we did. Aside from perk being injured, he was not going to resign with us anyway. He would have walked at the end of the year FOR NOTHING.... Nate Robinson, solid player, another fan favorite, yet he backs up Rondo and never really got a chance to contribute as much as he could. On the other hand, we need to give a little more credit to Jeff Green, he was a 5th overall pick in 2007 I believe. Anyway's, from the clippers we got a 2012 first round pick, and from the kings we got a second round pick.....

THE TEAM ISN'T RUINED!!!!!!
Look guys, I was like WTF when I first heard of all the trades too, but lets look at the overall picture. Perk was good, in fact one of my favorite players, but he was hurt, almost all season, and look how we did. Aside from perk being injured, he was not going to resign with us anyway. He would have walked at the end of the year FOR NOTHING.... Nate Robinson, solid player, another fan favorite, yet he backs up Rondo and never really got a chance to contribute as much as he could. On the other hand, we need to give a little more credit to Jeff Green, he was a 5th overall pick in 2007 I believe. Anyway's, from the clippers we got a 2012 first round pick, and from the kings we got a second round pick.....

WHOOPIE!!! Draft picks really help this current team! That is first in the East!

This team is ****ed, nice job Ainge

WHOOPIE!!! Draft picks really help this current team! That is first in the East!

so pick another team to follow jack ass. Why not get something for Perk instead of letting him walk after this season. A GMs job is to think about the future as well as the present.

I was thinking about this today and this is just a thought.....A lot of people said that BB built the pats to beat their nemesis the colts with the high powered offense......I am wondering if the same is true with the Celts.....Yes I understand that Orlando has Howard but he is only 1 player....The rest of the east is loaded with teams/players that like to get up and down the floor and perk just isn't that type of player....Plus I was reading that Perk wanted to test the FA waters after this season so getting what they could for him wasn't a bad move.....I am pretty sure the C's will sign Troy Murphy and probably another vet out there, a rumor is Leon Powe might be coming back.....I do understand that without Perk the Fakers will be tougher if we meet in the Finals but whose to say Bynum will even be healthy then.....I still think the Core in place and the way these players play when they come to boston it won't be a huge deal....I still like my C's out of the east and onto the FInals...

But who does this trade -- without anything further, since we don't know -- make us better against, and who does it hurt us against?

Helps us versus the Bulls, maybe the Heat. Not sure about the Spurs or Dallas.

Hurts us against Orlando and the Lakers.

Other teams?

Out of these 4, I'd rather be built to beat the Magic and lakers than the Bulls and Heat (who we've alrady beatedn twice this year).

i wouldnt mind having him come off the bench in the playoffs. its not like he has to go thru a entire year.

I guess I'd be OK with him deep off the bench, but I'd rather have any of our current guys back healthy, and I would have preferred what Perkins offers.

Rasheed was mediocre at best a year ago: subpar defense, inconsistent offense, and an as*hole to boot (which does matter when he gets technicals that he has no business getting, if it's a close game or playoffs).

The team is ****ed, haha, man you know nothing about basketball. We have the 2nd best record in the NBA WITHOUT Perk, he was injured 45ish games this year. As for the draft picks, you will probably change your mind in 2 years when we get a lottery pick because the CLIPPERS SUCK....Oh yeah, you probably don't even know what a lottery pick is, let me explain it to you, it means we will have a very high pick.

The Celtics had 8 active players tonight. How about waiting out the process rather than reacting to 1 performance?

I agree with you man.....not to mention the kid from the D-League who was practically in our starting lineup. Although he didn't play that bad, I give the kid some credit for stepping in and doing a pretty good job.

But who does this trade -- without anything further, since we don't know -- make us better against, and who does it hurt us against?

Helps us versus the Bulls, maybe the Heat. Not sure about the Spurs or Dallas.

Hurts us against Orlando and the Lakers.

Other teams?

Out of these 4, I'd rather be built to beat the Magic and lakers than the Bulls and Heat (who we've alrady beatedn twice this year).

I would agree with your analysis...but let me point you in a different direction. Think about it like this, by sending Perk out to Oklahoma City, the Lakers are now crying themselves to sleep at night. The Lakers want nothing to do with Perk, and now they can't even make it to the Finals without seeing him. Pau Gasol is practically invisible when Perk is guarding him. The celtics just sent a player who was going to walk at the end of the year, to a team that can do some damage on the top teams in the western conference. And even if the Thunder can't beat the Lakers, they will certainly brutalize them and do some damage.

the question is, why were they making a trade?

they weren't broken

classic case of fixing what ain't broke

ainge f'd up......

the question is, why were they making a trade?

they weren't broken

classic case of fixing what ain't broke

ainge f'd up......

Actually, they were broken. The Celtics could not continue to play thier stars the same minutes for the rest of the season. They had no replacement for Pierce. I am not convinced that Perkins was 100% healthy, nor would he ever be 100%. Bob Ryan stated that the Celtics got the best player in the trade (please do not trash Ryan, he might be an a'hole sometimes, but he does know the NBA).
I would prefer my GM to take chances. Did you read the posts after Randy Moss was traded?

so pick another team to follow jack ass. Why not get something for Perk instead of letting him walk after this season. A GMs job is to think about the future as well as the present.

You don't think about the future when your present team is first in the East due to the slew of big bodies it has. Trading one of those big bodies when the other two can't even play yet is a horrible idea. Especially when this one big body helps to shut down the better centers in the league. Bad trade for the Celtics, IMO.

:rolleyes:

Piss off, you don't trade your starting C (The one you won a title with) when you have another shot at the title.

We needed this team healthy for the playoffs, that was the goal. He then traded Semih, our other big...genius! Shaq hasnt proven he can stay healthy and Jermaine is useless. This was our biggest advantage over the Lakers/Heat/Magic.

How the hell is he thinking about the present? We are currently worse than we were pretrade. You can trade away a starter when you have no shot at the playoffs, that's how you plan for the future.

Ainge said he "agonized" over the decision. Fantastic, that's what you want to hear out of your GM. :rolleyes:

So yeah, you're completely clueless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just love internet tough guys...we disagree, get over it

well KG loves the trade, so i guess it's all good ....

Actually, they were broken. The Celtics could not continue to play thier stars the same minutes for the rest of the season. They had no replacement for Pierce. I am not convinced that Perkins was 100% healthy, nor would he ever be 100%. Bob Ryan stated that the Celtics got the best player in the trade (please do not trash Ryan, he might be an a'hole sometimes, but he does know the NBA).
I would prefer my GM to take chances. Did you read the posts after Randy Moss was traded?

They're playing those minutes due to injuries -- how does getting rid of Perkins, Semih and Nate for Green and the foreign big guy help with the injury / minutes issues? (Have I forgotten a player?)

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back