PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carucci: Peppers close to going to NE for #34 [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Carucci: Peppers close to going to NE for #34 (merged 3x)

As could Wilfork.

I just did a quick search for Miguel's pool number from last year, I probably grabbed the wrong figure.

Wilfork's extension would likely end up being more against the cap than less..

This deal better go down man this isn't the first time I've gotten all excited about peppers I'd be hella dissapointed if it don't go down.

Honest question here, can you trade for a player if you do not have the room under the cap for thier current contract?

You can if part of the deal is a restructured contract.

If this does happen it should be an incentive laden deal. You don't know what you are going to get from a guy who's never played OLB.

panthers forums ...many like the deal...they free up 17 mil in cap space..can sign free agents..and some of their players. dont have to pay alot for 34th pick rookie.

NFL.com Peppers/Patriots *possible* update - Carolina Panthers Message Board

dont know if BB can make it happen... or if its even true that he is interested. but its fun thinking about it.

about cap space..well that is BB's prob, he will do it if it is reasonable.

damn, New England is making a move at multiple dynasties, i'm going to be ill lol

panthers forums ...many like the deal...they free up 17 mil in cap space..can sign free agents..and some of their players. dont have to pay alot for 34th pick rookie.

NFL.com Peppers/Patriots *possible* update - Carolina Panthers Message Board

dont know if BB can make it happen... or if its even true that he is interested. but its fun thinking about it.

about cap space..well that is BB's prob, he will do it if it is reasonable.

You mean no one is questioning whether John Fox is getting fleeced and losing his edge? :rolleyes:

Sounds familiar - except we freed up our money weeks ago and signed a bunch of players in the meantime :)

So we end up with a trade for MC that is in effect Peppers for Cassel and Vrabel

I say yes please

My main concern is why hasnt he signed the franchise tender - perhaps he only will when this is all agreed and then he gets tagged and traded in a day?

This might turn out to be another 2007 performance. Except we will win this one.

You mean no one is questioning whether John Fox is getting fleeced and losing his edge? :rolleyes:

good one !

Curran and Ordway just cited Miguel on WEEI, but forgot to mention that the $7.8M didn't count Galloway or Wright. Yay!

Imagine taking an 11-5 team and adding Tom Brady and Julius Peppers. :eek:

Wilfork's extension would likely end up being more against the cap than less..

But it could be less, at least in 2009. Or it could stay the same and he could still get extended. So whether an extension for Wilfork saves room or not, I don't think it would end up being a bigger cap hit given the circumstances.

And Leigh Bodden. And Shawn Springs. And Fred Taylor. And Joey Galloway. And Chris Baker.
:D

Last edited:

Not even mentioning upgrading the depth at corner and adding Fred Taylor and Chris Baker, both solid options at their positions.

It's frightening really.

Edit: Damn Rod, you beat me :D

Last edited:
Re: NFL network : Peppers close to going to NE for #34 !

That would be Gary Guyton.

And/or the draft. You already have Mayo as an every-down player at ILB. Typically your other ILB is more of a rotational guy anyway. Think Phifer (pass) and Johnson (run). Or Bryan Cox and Johnson back in 2001. Guyton can be that pass guy, and Bruschi can be the run guy. Or you can draft someone high to replace Bruschi or Guyton. Or you can draft someone low to be a STer and hopefully replace Bruschi down the road.

Last edited:

HEY GUYS

I just made this awesome Fantasy Franchise in Madden and drafted Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Julius Peppers, Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, Adalius Thomas!

THEN I went on and got Wes Welker, Leigh Bodden, Shawn Springs, Ellis Hobbs and Brandon Meriweather

Had to grab the best kicker out there too!

I had to plug in a bunch of nobodies at OL, RB & TE and fill out the roster

Oops I almost forgot Mayo but he's only an 85 so far.

(this post is sarcasm)

Last edited:

This is getting ridiculous, it's like Randy Moss all over again. Although that ended great. But this playing with my emotion is not cool:eek::mad:

And Leigh Bodden. And Shawn Springs. And Fred Taylor. And Joey Galloway. And Chris Baker.
:D
We've lost Gaffney and Jordan but we upgraded them. Plus Vrabel who would presumably be upgraded by Peppers - certainly the pass rush would be an upgrade.

Oh, and we'd still have one #1, two #2 and two #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST