PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carucci: Peppers close to going to NE for #34 [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
as a longtime pats fan living in nc for the past 17 years, ive seen all of peppers career with carolina. im 50/50 on whether id want him, assuming the pats did and carolina liked the compensation-two BIG ifs. He was close to his old self last year-but in '07 he was worse than any Pat's olb since,since..i cant remember that far back. he was as bad as monty beisel was for the pats as an ilb. worse. yes, he had a lingering illness from the off and preseasons... but he was weak and S-L-O-W. here's my point--peppers COULD be the explosive, game-changing olb the pats need..or not. and we will pay a steep price-at the least a 2nd round pick and a HUGE contract that will eat salary cap dough. To pay THAT kind of heavy price-I think the pats would do it for a sure-fire thing-but peppers is not a 100% sure-fire thing. vince wilfork IS. there is some risk with peppers. but i have to admit-a lot of games last year peppers DOMINATED-and i salivate thinking what hed be capable of in a pats uni-with a healthy a. thomas and nascent pro-bowler mayo behind that great dl. at any rate, i cant wait for the season-matt cassel was good-but i felt cheated last year--at the start of the season i thought the pats would be a raging bull-tearing thru the league after not finishing the job in "07. that WILL happen this year.

Maybe some fans are also a little too obsessed with Peppers' actual position. I have to think that BB is savvy enough to find something to do with a beast like Peppers on a team that has lacked a pass rush in recent years. They play the 3-4, but I seem to recall A. Thomas on the line more than once last year before the injury. If the money issue could somehow be resolved, I think they'd take a long, long look at how they could get him in here and adapt his skills to the overall concept.

Maybe some fans are also a little too obsessed with Peppers' actual position. I have to think that BB is savvy enough to find something to do with a beast like Peppers on a team that has lacked a pass rush in recent years.

I think they were something like a top 3 team in sacks in '07.

Couldn't Peppers play the Elephant like Willie?
He just could be Willie's actual replacement.

I think all of the members of FLOPS, (Fans Loving On Peppers Society), now have a reason for ten day contract extensions.

True but remember the pats were always spanking teams therefore the pats defense were always going after the qb cause teams were always forced to throw.

True but remember the pats were always spanking teams therefore the pats defense were always going after the qb cause teams were always forced to throw.

I think that's a crock.

how many points did the pats score in '07 and '08?
they didn't get pressure last year because they had, like, 15 guys on ir.

I think that's a crock.

Bah, anyone can play the Elephant. The real question is, can he play the Lion?

WizardLionClose.jpg

Last edited:
I think that's a crock.

yeah injuries were a part of it but not the only reason.

Couldn't Peppers play the Elephant like Willie?
He just could be Willie's actual replacement.
That might interfere with his conversion to FS.

Pat Kirwan one of the NFL network guys who has been all about the Peppers to the Patriots this offseason has tempered his view a bit.

here is what he had to say

12. Peppers might stay a Panther
I have the feeling the Carolina Panthers aren't going to give away defensive end Julius Peppers. They will expect top compensation in a trade or they will keep him with the franchise tag. They could tag Peppers again next year if they had to, and if there wasn't a salary cap, it would be expensive but not impossible. I also have the feeling that Peppers isn't totally determined to leave Carolina.

Twelve items of interest from a busy day at NFL Annual Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case