PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carucci: Peppers close to going to NE for #34 [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like he completely jumped the gun and is trying to save face.

Well he's sticking to his guns as of 5 minutes ago. He just said on Sirius that he still maintains the Pats are seriously pursuing Peppers and he's sticking to that story until he hears otherwise. I thought we already had heard otherwise.[/QUOTE]

either he really knows something or somebody is playing with him big time.

I understand what your saying. Im trying to look at this in 2 views. I notice in reality that now that someones "source" that is close to Peppers says that he wants Haynesworth Money and that would mean a no go for the Patriots.

But...

On the other side if you remember a while back Peppers said out of his own mouth that he wants championships not money. So, what if this is all a ploy to say that now he wants big money to back other teams off to get a deal done with the Patriots at a cap friendly deal. You never know im just looking at it from both views!
Look at his past...it's all about the green...THAT can not change...does he want a championship? Sure...what player does not?? But he will trade a rinf got big dough ANY day..he wants BOTH!! If his past was different it would be different..

but why didn't he sign that deal carolina offered that would've made him the highest paid d player in football?

but why didn't he sign that deal carolina offered that would've made him the highest paid d player in football?

Yes he did, it's obvious he wants out and would take lesser money to play for a major superbowl contender.

Yes he did, it's obvious he wants out and would take lesser money to play for a major superbowl contender.
Not sure about lesser...he's always gone for the big money. My thought is he would take lesser money here FOR A BIT and then start demanding more...renegotiation. If he had a different history, I would buy that, but I don't. He also wants to get DE money for playing OLB...different pay scale. He's a bigger version of Ty Law..THAt is not what this team needs.

this report was an epic fail

Well Carucci was on Sirius this morning reporting live from the owners meeting. He said even though BB isn't there the Pats do have representation at the meeting and from what he's hearing the Peppers deal he broke previously is not only not going away but seems to be "picking up steam".

I don't know, where there's smoke there's usually fire. He seems like a bright enough guy to admit when he's wrong. So far at every opportunity he's had to retract his story he's stood by it. Is this another Curran reporting Brady won't be ready for 09? We'll see.

One thing lost in all this is that Peppers is going to have a hard time finding a home with one of his few selected teams at the price he wants. I think Carolina is stuck with him this season. They should have let him go in free agency. At least, they would have earned a 3rd round compensatory pick. The Pats should stay away from this guy. There are other good and cheaper alternatives. (Taylor! Taylor! Taylor!)

Man, I wish this thread would die. But I contribute to it too! :confused:

Man, I wish this thread would die. But I contribute to it too! :confused:

Well I'm doing a good job of keeping it alive too but I blame Sirius. I get to listen to them quite a bit during the day and Pat Kirwin, Carucci, Adam Schein and Solomon Wilcots are all standing by the belief that Peppers will eventually be a Patriot.

Last edited:
Well I'm doing a good job of keeping it alive too but I blame Sirius. I get to listen to them quite a bit during the day and Pat Kirwin, Carucci, Adam Schein and Solomon Wilcots are all standing by the belief that Peppers will eventually be a Patriot.

Isn't he still too green to be a Patriot? lol

I can't see Vic prattling on this long if there wasn't something to it, even if it doesn't work out.

Isn't he still too green to be a Patriot? lol

I can't see Vic prattling on this long if there wasn't something to it, even if it doesn't work out.

My point exactly. Sure he's been wrong in the past but he usually knows when to cut his losses.

Well Carucci was on Sirius this morning reporting live from the owners meeting. He said even though BB isn't there the Pats do have representation at the meeting and from what he's hearing the Peppers deal he broke previously is not only not going away but seems to be "picking up steam".

I don't know, where there's smoke there's usually fire. He seems like a bright enough guy to admit when he's wrong. So far at every opportunity he's had to retract his story he's stood by it. Is this another Curran reporting Brady won't be ready for 09? We'll see.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but when did Peppers sign his tender?

And, more importantly, how exactly will the Pats fit his $16M tag salary--remember, they have to absorb whatever contract he's under at the time he's traded--into $7M of cap space? :confused:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but when did Peppers sign his tender?

And, more importantly, how exactly will the Pats fit his $16M tag salary--remember, they have to absorb whatever contract he's under at the time he's traded--into $7M of cap space? :confused:

I agree with everything you've said. That said Carucci has to be aware of the obstacles involved too yet he's not only sticking to his story but saying it's picking up steam.

I agree with everything you've said. That said Carucci has to be aware of the obstacles involved too yet he's not only sticking to his story but saying it's picking up steam.

Again, WTF? How can they be picking up steam when, as Belichick has noted, it is blatantly against the rules for the talks to be occurring at all?

If Peppers is traded it will be on draft day!! But, it might not happen!!

I have refrained from commenting on this topic for awhile. I wanted to wait and see how things progressed. Now, I will say that this is PURE BS.

1. The Patriots do not have the cap room to take on Peppers' $16million dollar cap hit, much less sign him to the long term deal that he wants.

2. I have not seen or heard ANY REPORTS that he has signed his tender.

I do find it interesting that Carruci has not backed off from his report. Instead he is adding fuel to the fire. Is he being stubborn or does he know something that no one else knows?

I have refrained from commenting on this topic for awhile. I wanted to wait and see how things progressed. Now, I will say that this is PURE BS.

1. The Patriots do not have the cap room to take on Peppers' $16million dollar cap hit, much less sign him to the long term deal that he wants.

2. I have not seen or heard ANY REPORTS that he has signed his tender.

I do find it interesting that Carruci has not backed off from his report. Instead he is adding fuel to the fire. Is he being stubborn or does he know something that no one else knows?

Peppers will not be seeing that 16 Mil if he wants to play OLB for the Patriots. Peppers is not playing DE in our system and that franchise tag that was placed on him is for a DE not OLB. Because he wants to transition to an OLB, his value dropped so he might come cheaper!!

Peppers will not be seeing that 16 Mil if he wants to play OLB for the Patriots. Peppers is not playing DE in our system and that franchise tag that was placed on him is for a DE not OLB. Because he wants to transition to an OLB, his value dropped so he might come cheaper!!

This is the part that intrigues me the most about this entire thing. I wonder if the agent has discussed this with him. There are not many teams in the NFL that will pay him DE money to play Linebacker. IMHO, it sounds like that is what he wants. That's one of the main reasons why I don't think that he's coming here.

this report was an epic fail
The original report said between the owners meetings and the draft. I wouldn't call it a failure just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back