Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cardinals working out Andre Carter

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by TyronePoole, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyronePoole

TyronePoole Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't really see any informational value he'd have for them but it seems like it would be a pretty big coincidence for them to sign him this week.
    Andre Carter - New England Patriots - 2012 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

2. MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

With the first week in the books many teams will look to bring in Vets for cheap. That way if you cut them they are off the books.

Although I'm not sure how Carter would fit into our D. Dosen't sound like he can play OLB unless they use him as a pure pass rusher on passing downs only.

Plus maybe he has an old copy of the playbook. :rocker:

3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,646 / 9 / -19

#61 Jersey

I wonder if he'd still be a Patriot had he not been injured. The injury must have been quite severe since nobody has signed him so far.

4. PatsBoy12

PatsBoy12 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +186 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

The Carter ship has sailed in NE unless there is a serious enough injury or run of injuries to the DL. I think Chandler has shown he is adequate (understatement) at the position, and Ninko and Cunningham will hold down the other side of the line. Chandler should only get better, as should Cunningham. This defense is young, fast, and cheap.

I would love to have Carter's experience and leadership, but I think the Patriots can fare well without him. I truly appreciate what he brought to the team last season, and I was very upset when he got hurt. However, I think we should keep looking forward. The young guys are showing they're capable and we still have enough veteran leadership to keep the team focused and competitive.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  5. Joey007

Joey007 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +220 / 6 / -0

#91 Jersey

I think Jones/Cunningham have already replaced Carter/Anderson quite nicely.

6. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +395 / 1 / -0

It's after week 1. That means it's time to give a recovering vet a serious look. They get to see how healthy he is, and just getting worked out means that Carter gets his name thrown around by other teams.

I still think there's a chance Carter is back in NE. He wants to win, and he probably won't be up for a full time role right away. I'd bring him in just to play LE in subpackages, maybe going with something like Carter-Cunningham-Wilfork-Jones in the dime. I like Ninkovich, but he's not as good of a pass rusher as a healthy Carter.

7. Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +34 / 7 / -16

#87 Jersey

they've been involved with Hoyer too...they need all the help they can get to beat us.

8. PatsBoy12

PatsBoy12 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +186 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think you're overestimating a veteran's desire to win vs. taking a lesser role when he's used to be relied upon. Yes, many veterans have done it before and will do it. However, they're usually players that believe they are on the down slide in their careers and view any playing opportunity with a competitive team as favorable.

Carter, after a pro bowl (and arguably all-pro) season probably does not see himself that way. Even with the injury being as serious as it was, he may still believe his value to a team far exceeds a back-up/sub package role. If that's what the Patriots would attempt to propose to him to procure his services, then I don't think he'd come back. He'd opt to hold out for a team that he knows desperately needs help on the edge.

9. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I was going to ask this. I heard they were in contact with him, he could potentially give them some information.

10. fanarchy187

fanarchy187 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nink is better off as a SLB, he doesn't have the size to play consistently at LE. However to bring in Carter is not needed, we have Francis, Bequette, and Scott all on the team already.

The impression I have on Carter is he will never be the same player he was prior to the injury. If that is the case I do not think he is an upgrade over what we already have.

11. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,588 / 20 / -26

"...so...what can you tell us ,Andre??"

"uh...they got this guy Brady throwing the ball to this big guy Gronkowski and this short guy Welker and that guy who was on your team last year and this other fast guy, Herndes or something who's bigger and faster than your #2 WR.."

"anything else you can give us??"

"well. yeah...they got this head coach who is the most meticulous game planner I've ever worked for and I can guarantee he will break down your entire team, offense and defense, and explain it in detail to the team.."

"great...that's just great, Andre...and how would you feel about playing against them this week?..."

"man, I'd love that...I can show Bill I still have it and maybe he'll pick me up midseason.."

"well, ...OK...we'll get back to you....(leaves interview room shaking head in disbelief....)

12. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

It says the tweet was on Sep 1st,that's nearly two weeks ago......I would think if he was good to go he would have signed there by now.

13. rookBoston

rookBoston 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +69 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think BB loves his physical, fast, professional and motivated young team.

Not just Carter.... Waters, Koppen, Gaffney and Branch were all ready for another tour of duty... Green-Ellis, too. BB thanked them for their outstanding play and gave them permission to try for jobs elsewhere. The kids are doing just fine, thanks.

This is the power of three consecutive strong draft classes.

14. NinjaZX6R

NinjaZX6R In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If he is fully healthy, love to bring in back as a LDE.

15. Joker

Ratings:
    +2,588 / 20 / -26

I want......I want...I want everything I've ever seen on TV...yeah...and...and...I want things I don't know I even want yet!!!...yeah...I just want...I'm wanton....and I'm a singer too...yeah...a warbler...and I'm from Woonsocket...right...that's it...the wanton warbler from Woonsocket...that's me alright...that's the ticket...

[​IMG]

16. TyronePoole

TyronePoole Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

yeah I don't know why it said that, the text says Tuesday and they've since deleted the Sept. 1st. I think it was supposed to be September 11 since the tweet is from today:

Twitter / MikeGarafolo: Former Niners, Redskins and ...

17. Frezo

Frezo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

I park my cars side by each in Social Squwah.

18. Joker

Ratings:
    +2,588 / 20 / -26

do you live in Wark or Nort Provadense?

19. Frezo

Frezo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Nah, I wowk in Cwanston.

20. Joker

Ratings:
    +2,588 / 20 / -26

Can't Stand????

born and raised, Frez...Pahk Avknew..went to St. Mattchoo's and had Sister Mary Murder and Sister Armanaleg teach me the finer points of pre-teen torture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.