PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mid-June Andre Carter update & contract watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Howe updates the Andre Carter situation:

Still Andre Carter country? - BostonHerald.com

According to Howe, Carter wants to come back to the Pats to the point where he has declined overtures from other teams. But he's also looking for a 3-4 year deal at Pro Bowl DE kind of money according to Howe. I can't see the Pats going for that given Carter's age and coming off a significant injury.

That article looks like pure speculation to me. there are no quotes anf no mention of his agent and I'm sure carter is smart enough to let his agent negotiate, if there's even any real negotiation at this point.

3-4 years at Pro bowl DE money? He might as well take those lucrative offers from other teams he's ignoring, I'm sure the team would agree and thank him for the year. Howe's already got them negotiating between that and one year at last years money to a two year contract or incentives which means he's mentioned every possibility in the world including some that won't happen.

Seems like he's throwing a bunch of stuff at a wall, to me, at least I'll assume that until i see something with quotes, or "Andre said", or "his agent said?"

Good thing for Howe is, no matter what happens, he'll be right, since he's mentioned anything that could happen involving a contract, our team, or another team.

That article looks like pure speculation to me. there are no quotes anf no mention of his agent and I'm sure carter is smart enough to let his agent negotiate, if there's even any real negotiation at this point.

3-4 years at Pro bowl DE money? He might as well take those lucrative offers from other teams he's ignoring, I'm sure the team would agree and thank him for the year. Howe's already got them negotiating between that and one year at last years money to a two year contract or incentives which means he's mentioned every possibility in the world including some that won't happen.

Seems like he's throwing a bunch of stuff at a wall, to me, at least I'll assume that until i see something with quotes, or "Andre said", or "his agent said?"

Good thing for Howe is, no matter what happens, he'll be right, since he's mentioned anything that could happen involving a contract, our team, or another team.
Exactly, Carter doesn't strike me as some crazy guy who's way out of touch with reality. I highly doubt he's demanding a multi-year contract for 8-12 million per year.

Exactly, Carter doesn't strike me as some crazy guy who's way out of touch with reality. I highly doubt he's demanding a multi-year contract for 8-12 million per year.

He is exactly the opposite. I would even call him sophisticated, as well as intelligent. I imagine whatever negotiations are going on here will be well undercover and both sides might even be inclined to make it look better than it is, because Carter deserves to be treated with dignity as well as taken care of as well as the team can for a guy his age coming off an injury.

If it doesn't work out, i imagine he will get the praise he deserves from BB, because he is the very model of what it is to be a leader and a Patriot, right up there with Rodney Harrison IMO (unfortunately not able to play as much in his prime unless he makes an outstanding recovery).

He is exactly the opposite. I would even call him sophisticated, as well as intelligent. .

Just curious, what do you base that opinion on?

Just curious, what do you base that opinion on?

Of course I don't know. I suppose it's mostly from the way he speaks. I think it was from this article. I doubt there was much more evidence.

Key player - Boston.com

Beautiful turn of phrase here...lol

Asked about Haynesworth, who recently was cut by the Patriots, then picked up by Tampa Bay, Carter shrugged.

“In football, as in life, it’s a gamble,’’ he says. “You win some, you lose some.

“Did he try? I couldn’t really evaluate him. Only he knows. There were times when he was effective and there were times when he didn’t play - he was hurt and the next guy steps up.

“Whatever he does from this point on is on him. Great talent, big size, very explosive. Is he misunderstood? Yeah, absolutely. I couldn’t even understand him.’’

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back