PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots working out Andre Carter

no thanks......give the reps to buchanan......

I'd like to see Collins at DE on passing downs

no thanks......give the reps to buchanan......

I'd like to see Collins at DE on passing downs

I agree it's funny how Buchanan is already ahead of Jake Bequette on the dept chart. Knowing he's done absolutely nothing Jake Bequette that is I don't think if he's released anyone would notice.

I agree it's funny how Buchanan is already ahead of Jake Bequette on the dept chart. Knowing he's done absolutely nothing Jake Bequette that is I don't think if he's released anyone would notice.

we would lose more on special teams than we would gain on pass rush....carter got 8 of his 10 sacks in a 4 game span and did not make it to the playoffs

we would lose more on special teams than we would gain on pass rush....carter got 8 of his 10 sacks in a 4 game span and did not make it to the playoffs

He was effective last year with the raiders in a limited role, not statswise but still pretty good nonetheless.

Did anyone see him against Oakland last year? I have no doubts about him being in shape; he's a fitness freak, but sometimes you just don't have it anymore.

He's only 34, he's not ancient, the way he works out I would think fitness wouldn't be a problem.

He was effective last year with the raiders in a limited role, not statswise but still pretty good nonetheless.

but not enough to give up a special teams player to have him here....I just don't think he has enough left.......

if justin francis is still out there, I'd bring him back first

Patriots looking into Andre Carter?

In this article, where the headline is Chandler Jones playing a three technique DT, this was mentioned:

4. The Patriots brought Andre Carter in for a physical on Monday, according to a source. If the team is interested in Carter, they may have liked what they saw from Chandler Jones in the three-technique defensive tackle position. They should have, too. Jones was very good in that role when the Patriots slid him from defensive end to defensive tackle on third down.

It's an interesting proposition; anyone else intrigued to see a sub package with Carter and Ninkovich at DE and Jones at DT? Personally, I think I prefer Jones at DE - and I think the lack of pressure off the edge showed on Sunday, and allowed Manuel to play far more confidently than he should have been able to, but if there was a better DE taking Jones' spot when he moved over to DT, that would hopefully not be so big of an issue.

I know there's a lot of people who couldn't understand why the Pats didn't bring Carter in last year; it'll be interesting to see if they take sign him in the next couple of weeks. Wouldn't mind seeing him take some snaps from Ninkovich, either.

The article also rightly highlights that Buchanan made his presence known in limited snaps on Sunday. I'd love to see his role expand as the season progresses.

I don't think we will be seeing a lot of jones at DT I think that just may have been a good match up for him with the bills G we see teams do stuff like that even with star pass rushers like Jared Allen move them left to right and even inside if the match up is favorable

I don't think we will be seeing a lot of jones at DT I think that just may have been a good match up for him with the bills G we see teams do stuff like that even with star pass rushers like Jared Allen move them left to right and even inside if the match up is favorable

In this case, I tend to disagree with you.

I think that C.Jones is going to continue to slide inside at DT in subpackages, with Buchanan taking his spot at DE. It could be why they didn't seem to be nearly as concerned as we were about DT depth, and I think all of the reviews on C.Jones' efforts at DT were pretty good for the most part.

We'll have to see what happens and how it all shakes out.

In this case, I tend to disagree with you.

I think that C.Jones is going to continue to slide inside at DT in subpackages, with Buchanan taking his spot at DE. It could be why they didn't seem to be nearly as concerned as we were about DT depth, and I think all of the reviews on C.Jones' efforts at DT were pretty good for the most part.

We'll have to see what happens and how it all shakes out.
Whichever way one chooses to look at it, I'd prefer to see Jones exploding from the spot opposed to the little jump stutter step he appears to prefer at the moment. That extra split second makes a huge difference in either getting to the player in the backfield or executing the play. That may work into his favor playing DT ahead of DE. Mind you, the A-Gaps are the quickest way to get to anyone in the backfield.

You are starting to remind me of someone.

Rex Ryan has slimmed down significantly, but even then he's nowhere near my 5'10" and 170 lb frame ;)

Welcome Andre Carter to a card carrying membership on Belichick's Shadow Roster.:cool:

Do you get free fries with being on the shadow roster :p

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back