PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cardinals/Pats Game - I don't think the Birdies see it as real important...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the thought of the devious Cards and master planner Whisenhunt setting up the Pats for a fall. If the coach risks the health of his best receiver to prove that he can play in nasty weather, and that receiver (or anyone else) gets hurt, then he looks like an idiot. I bet he uses the first half of this game as a tune-up, then - depending on how the team looks - rests many of his guys. He can use Week 17's matchup with Seattle at Arizona to build up some momentum.

Say what you want about resting your starters, but had the Pats been 14-1 going into the final game last year, I don't believe they would have played everyone for four quarters. Unlike the Giants, the Cards have little to prove. A clinch is a clinch.

We shall see.

Lastly; all those hoping for snow and cold to disrupt the Cards passing attack... just remember the Snow Bowl. When field was slick the running game couldn't get traction and when we needed to score the passing game moved the ball. Running game relies on 8-10 players all having good footing and executing their blocks. Passing game only the wr you throw to has to maintain his footing. So snow/cold could end up not being amy more of a detraction for them than it is for Pats.

I fully expect a a tough hard-fought game.

Don't O-linemen need to keep their feet, too? And the QB? And the other receivers running their patterns to remain viable and attract defenders? The truth is that the running game only depends on 4-5 players getting good blocks in nasty weather, because defenders away from the play have difficulty pursuing. In fact, as shown in the Oakland game with several Raiders DBs slipping on Sammy Morris cutbacks, bad weather is a distinct advantage for runners.

Of course passing helps balance the offense (and in the case of Johnny Lee Higgins last week can mean a big play), but carrying the ball results in fewer tipped passes, drops and interceptions.

And btw, i expect a tough, hard-fought game, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News