Seattle a dynasty?

• Yes

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted yes to the the question. Can the Seahawks become a dynasty? Yeah, the pieces are in place. Will they? Nobody can say. Remember, the Patriots won three Super Bowls in four years. All games that could have had something go wrong and swing the score a few points. Who could know until the moment has passed?

Wilson can begin negotiating a new contract next offseason and they'll have to pay a lot of the guys they had on both sides of the ball on rookie deals. It depends on how well they can continue to draft and manage the cap.

How many of us (or unbiased, neutral football fans) would have said the 2001 Patriots could become a dynasty? I would not have...and this Seattle team is one of the best Defensive teams I have ever seen. Unlike other "defensive" Super Bowl winners, they have an excellent offense and QB also. Russel Wilson is not Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer, or Brad Johnson.

The seahawks and the 49rs benefit from having QB's who are on rookie contracts...so they can afford to spend money in other areas on the roster.

Kaepernick made 700K$ last year and Russell Wilson 500K$

problem is, once Russell Wilson/Kaepernick are due for contracts their cap hit will from from 500K and 700K to most likely 12million$+

at that point they are going to have to let go alot of those key defensive(and offensive pieces) in order to work with the cap

I agree. Wilson will really cash in. Wonder how bad it will hurt them. Seattle is more worried about extending thomas then sherman

They could, but not in that division. Not as long as the 49ers exist. They will have to split that name. But I can see one of those two teams being dominant for a long time, taking turns.

How many of us (or unbiased, neutral football fans) would have said the 2001 Patriots could become a dynasty? I would not have...and this Seattle team is one of the best Defensive teams I have ever seen. Unlike other "defensive" Super Bowl winners, they have an excellent offense and QB also. Russel Wilson is not Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer, or Brad Johnson.

But we also didn't have Jim Harbaugh's 49ers in our division either. We beat our divisional foes into submission from top to bottom sending them spiraling downward in a endless quest for coaches, QB's and big name players, while at the same time keeping other perennial candidates away from this division and taking more appealing opportunities in weaker divisions...which continues that vicious cycle of revolving doors and financial issues all over the place....to this day.

Of all the teams since 2005 Steelers, I feel this seahawks team has the best chance to repeat.

The same question was asked of the Packers a few short seasons ago. Winning one Super Bowl is hard. Winning several in short succession is incredibly difficult. The Seahawks have a shot but I've gone with no for the time being.

Being a dynasty is hard. Winning those big games year in and year out is hard. Of all the fan bases we should know that the best after the last 9 years.

Seattle was dominant this year. Definitely head and shoulders above everyone except San Francisco. I did say all year long that this was one of the most uncompetitive years in the NFL, which I think is due to tons of injuries to very talented players (Julio Jones, Gronk, Aaron Rodgers, etc. etc.). I expect disappointing teams (Green Bay, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Baltimore) to be back in it next year.

Also Seattle is on everyone's radar now. This will only make things harder on a team like Seattle. Teams will be extra up and excited to play them. Lets see how they handle being that target week in and week out.

At this point they and SF have the MOST potential - but we'll see - those two teams will be FUN to watch.

No......Carroll won't be able to control this bunch of yahoos next year

I said yes they can but the odds are not in there favor, the 49ers are just as young and almost as good as them the saints and packers are not going anywhere the eagles are a up and coming team so is AZ,

the NFC is stacked and if they don't get the #1 seed every year they are not going to make it to the SB they are not going into GB or san fran and wining they could not beat the falcons with pretty much the same team last year, just like the pats they are not the same team on the road

Yes *IF* they avoid injuries + stay ahead of their division rivals & the Carolina Panthers. (BIG IFs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News